Comparing owners suite perks to club class mini suite perks

Derek King

Planning Alaskan cruise on the ruby and me and the kids are going to be in an owners suite and I am traveling with another couple that is looking to book a club class mini.

I’m assuming since we both will have club class dining we can sit together there for breakfast and dinner? There are no separate areas in the club class for full suites and mini that have access are there?

Also we both will have priority embarkation and disembark...will that be the same or are there different priority for mini club and full suite? The club class says priority and the full suite says vip priority..is there a difference?

Other than that is seems like we will get a little more like minibar, thermal suite, laundry..but just want to make sure we will have same experience other than that..

Are we missing anything?

This other couple called princess twice and got two different answers about the dining..any help would be great...thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Club Class dining is the same for both full suites and those mini suites designated Club Class. It's in a sectioned off area of one of the main dining rooms. You will all be able to dine together any time they are open. Yes there are pecking orders for boarding but if you arrive together as a group then go to the check in desk and mention it and you shouldn't have a problem. Sorry but mini suites don't get a mini bar or free laundry unless you are Elite status

We had the OS on our last trip to Alaska right at the aft of the ship - amazing 360 degree views and triple length balcony with a lovely size room. You are in for a treat!

Mini Club / Full suites have the same dining privileges in the CC dining area, but for breakfast you will be entitled to Sabatini's Suite only breakfast, for full suite customers only. Full A La Carte menu all prepared to order, speciality coffees and juices, in a nice quiet part of the ship. This will not be open to Club pax, just full suite guests.

Suites get a nicer breakfast in Sabitini not the club class dining room so you can join your friends in CC but they cannot join you in Sabitini.You will receive priority tender passes if you have any tender ports mini suites do not. You will have a suite line at guest services mini's do not. Mini suites are not considered suites for any of the perks suites get except the club class which they paid extra for.

Edited by cruzsnooze

We had the OS on our last trip to Alaska right at the aft of the ship - amazing 360 degree views and triple length balcony with a lovely size room. You are in for a treat!

Which ship? I assume you meant 180 degrees, but it sounds lovely.

Thanks so much for all the info so far. Maybe the suite only breakfast was the reason for the two different answers we got about if the dining was the same or not

Does anyone know about the priority embarkation? I’ve never had that on princess...would it be the same for the OS and the club class? Not a deal breaker just wanted to be aware

Thanks so much for all the info so far. Maybe the suite only breakfast was the reason for the two different answers we got about if the dining was the same or not

Does anyone know about the priority embarkation? I’ve never had that on princess...would it be the same for the OS and the club class? Not a deal breaker just wanted to be aware

As CC, you would be put in with the Suite, Elite, and Platinum crowd. Priority Embarkation could be problematic due to the large number of elites on the voyage.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Which ship? I assume you meant 180 degrees, but it sounds lovely.

It was the Star Princess. I sort of meant 360 degrees, when the Captain rotated the ship, we were sitting on our lovely balcony, and saw the full 360 degree turn from the comfort of our suite, sipping a crisp cool glass of Sauvignon, with not a sound in the world except the breaking of the ice as it majestically fell away from the glacier! But yes,180 normally, but I classed that as enhanced 180!!

full suite guests have a special check in line and desk. Once you have your sea card you will be directed to go the the elite/suite staging area; you will be the first people allowed onboard once boarding opens. Mini Suite guests have no priority unless they are elite plus the mini suite. If you and your friends arrive together suggest you all go to the elite suite line and check in at same desk; and you and your friends may be able to board together.

It normally depends on your deck. From memory on seeing previous boarding passes, it gives times according to deck. For Suite customers you are VIP which means you can board any time, but I am sure your friends could board with you, as timings are only a suggestion (for ease of boarding and to save 3500 people turning up at once), rather than a rule.

The Elite / Suite line is separate from everyone else for (supposed) speed, so unless your friends are Elite, they would have to join a separate line, or you could join them in the regular line.

You'll both have priority, you'll have a little more priority over your friends in the mini.. Suites and elites go first, then Platinum and other priority boarding, then everyone else.. This is essentially only applicable right at the beginning of boarding, for those who arrived early, checked in and are waiting in respective lounge/waiting areas. Once those who have been waiting get onboard, the process is basically the same for anyone - no one is waiting in the lounge to go first, etc.

If you really must board together, either go a little later after initial boarding starts (after 12) or go with them to their waiting area if you all insist in getting to the poet before 11..

Suite passengers are also entitled to dine off the full MDR menu on their balcony at no charge and you can invite others to join you. So, as the balcony of an aft Owners Suite is very large and there is ample room for five of you to dine on the balcony, there is no reason why you should not do that one evening.

Note: This is not to be confused with Ultimate Balcony Dining, which is available to everyone for a fee of $100 per couple. However, if you are tempted by UBD, then take note that your friends can still join you and have their UBD charged to their stateroom. We did exactly this on our last cruise when friends in a mini-suite joined us for UBD one evening when we had an evening departure.

It was the Star Princess. I sort of meant 360 degrees, when the Captain rotated the ship, we were sitting on our lovely balcony, and saw the full 360 degree turn from the comfort of our suite, sipping a crisp cool glass of Sauvignon, with not a sound in the world except the breaking of the ice as it majestically fell away from the glacier! But yes,180 normally, but I classed that as enhanced 180!!

Looking forward to the experience on the Golden. It will not be the Owner’s Suite, but it will be an Aft Suite.

Thanks.