Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

2 minutes ago, Beardface said:

Encore.thumb.PNG.ecdf067400b72d29e30f5e837d444285.PNG

The Red outline now shows how much of the top deck is accessible to people who don't pay a premium for the Haven, Vibe, or the GoKarts and Laser Tag

That's...... not good

how to destroy a great product

that is a reason for me not to book the Encore

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beardface said:

The Red outline now shows how much of the top deck is accessible to people who don't pay a premium for the Haven, Vibe, or the GoKarts and Laser Tag

That's...... not good

I agree. Even as someone who usually purchases Vibe, I'd not be interested in it on this ship, or this ship at all for my regular vacation. It will be great for the Transatlantic (which we have booked), since the weather will be yucky, and we'll be outside very little anyway. But I'd never consider sailing this ship for the regular cruises I book with my family.  

Info on vibe from website. Note the 2 story description.  Guests will jump for joy upon discovering this 2-story, private retreat where they can connect with the ocean – and disconnect from everything else. Exclusively for those 18 and over, Vibe Beach Club is resplendent with incredible ocean views, hot tubs that extend over the side of the ship, and a misting water feature - ideal for relaxation. A full-service bar, chaise loungers, chilled towels and skewers of fruit ease you even more into serenity. Passes available for purchase on board at the Guest Services desk.

1 minute ago, LrgPizza said:

I agree. Even as someone who usually purchases Vibe, I'd not be interested in it on this ship, or this ship at all for my regular vacation. It will be great for the Transatlantic (which we have booked), since the weather will be yucky, and we'll be outside very little anyway. But I'd never consider sailing this ship for the regular cruises I book with my family.  

2 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

how to destroy a great product

that is a reason for me not to book the Encore

I'm already booked a year out, and at least its going to be in Bermuda for most of the week, so it shouldn't be too terribly crowded.

But for at-sea days, this is downright awful.  4,000 passengers, and you're going to only reserve 1/3 of the top decks for them to use?  And its not like the rest of the activities on the ship can be utilized all that well, where only a few dozen people can be using the Go Karts and Laser tag combined.  And then inside, you have places like the Galaxy Pavilion with timed passes to significantly reduce capacity, and you're further taking away options.

I have a feeling this ship is going to be crowded unlike anything we've seen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Very exciting! My boyfriend and I ate at Scarpetta in Philadelphia last year for Valentine's Day and it definitely ranks among my top 10 favorite dining experiences.

• Like 2

Well looks like I’m gonna have to bid higher on an aft balcony if I want to sunbathe at all.  I know WHY Norwegian is doing this, I just wish they wouldn’t.  Hopefully the next class of ships don’t have the entire top deck as “the Vibe”

14 minutes ago, Beardface said:

That's...... not good

I am glad we cancelled our Thanksgiving cruise on this ship.  Cruising the Caribbean with family on this ship with so little open deck space would be a nightmare.  Can you imagine what time the chair hogs will get up in the mornings to get a spot?

20 minutes ago, Beardface said:

That's...... not good

This has to be incorrect.  There is no room for passengers on deck.  NCL surely has lots of well-paid and educated marketing researchers that will give passengers what they want.  Oh, wait ... these are the same folks that purpose-built the Joy for the Chinese market ... how did that work out?

22 minutes ago, Beardface said:

That's...... not good

Oooof, that sucks.

Reflection for NCL's benefit. We like to sail in the Haven when we can afford it and that's really the only way I'd sail on this ship, since being held captive near an overcrowded pool and bad band does not appeal. Guess they are playing to the money as the airlines are prone to do w/business class pax. From what I read here, Vibe requires one to arrive stupid early and then sprint like Carl Lewis to stand a chance of getting a ticket right? Yeah that ain't gonna happen either... I'm on vacation NCL... trying to avoid stress. 

Oh well, as long as the Jewels keep sailing, we'll keep sailing NCL, when they go, we go, there is simply not a product we want to 'upgrade to'.

2 minutes ago, Notnewtoit said:

Oooof, that sucks.

Reflection for NCL's benefit. We like to sail in the Haven when we can afford it and that's really the only way I'd sail on this ship, since being held captive near an overcrowded pool and bad band does not appeal. Guess they are playing to the money as the airlines are prone to do w/business class pax. From what I read here, Vibe requires one to arrive stupid early and then sprint like Carl Lewis to stand a chance of getting a ticket right? Yeah that ain't gonna happen either... I'm on vacation NCL... trying to avoid stress. 

Oh well, as long as the Jewels keep sailing, we'll keep sailing NCL, when they go, we go, there is simply not a product we want to 'upgrade to'.

Given how large the Vibe is on this ship, I'm going to guess that they are going to let in upwards of 3 or 4x as many people as on other ships.

If they don't, I could see them quickly changing tactics, because this is literally the only over-18 location on the ship

3 minutes ago, Beardface said:

Given how large the Vibe is on this ship, I'm going to guess that they are going to let in upwards of 3 or 4x as many people as on other ships.

If they don't, I could see them quickly changing tactics, because this is literally the only over-18 location on the ship

Yeah I was looking at that Vibe area and the density of sun loungers they have in there. I know it's only an artists rendering but I fear it isn't too far from the truth... yuk. It might be no kids, but it's too many adults for my taste!

2 minutes ago, Notnewtoit said:

Yeah I was looking at that Vibe area and the density of sun loungers they have in there. I know it's only an artists rendering but I fear it isn't too far from the truth... yuk. It might be no kids, but it's too many adults for my taste!

The blurb on NCL regarding the Encore says the Vibe also has the misting water feature.  Sounds like they relocated Spice to that top deck and then put it behind the paywall.  Which.... sucks.  But not totally surprising given NCL's reputation.  I'm not entirely sure its worth the $99 per person for the week.

I’m glad my only commitment is the transatlantic on a half-empty ship.  Beyond that, I think I’d only consider it if for an adults-only trip if we were all guaranteed a spot in Vibe.  Even then, I’m not so sure.

What NCL has done to the top decks is comically bad, and I suspect the reviews will keep us entertained for years to come.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beardface said:

The blurb on NCL regarding the Encore says the Vibe also has the misting water feature.  Sounds like they relocated Spice to that top deck and then put it behind the paywall.  Which.... sucks.  But not totally surprising given NCL's reputation.  I'm not entirely sure its worth the $99 per person for the week.

Vibe has been $209 pp for the week for a while now.

I can't imagine there will still be the mad dash, as someone else said. I'd be willing to bet they cram as many people in here as they can now. It totally ruins the concept of Vibe. I saw they did this on the Getaway remodel, and I assume it will continue as other ships go into drydock over the years.  I'm just waiting on Leonardo class now, which looks to be drastically different.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Vibe has been $209 pp for the week for a while now.

I can't imagine there will still be the mad dash, as someone else said. I'd be willing to bet they cram as many people in here as they can now. It totally ruins the concept of Vibe. I saw they did this on the Getaway remodel, and I assume it will continue as other ships go into drydock over the years.  I'm just waiting on Leonardo class now, which looks to be drastically different.

$209???  *****?!?  I didn't realize it was that much now.  I was thinking of trying for passes this time but I'll just stick with my Thermal Suite access instead.  That's insane.

8 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

I’m glad my only commitment is the transatlantic on a half-empty ship.  Beyond that, I think I’d only consider it if for an adults-only trip if we were all guaranteed a spot in Vibe.  Even then, I’m not so sure.

What NCL has done to the top decks is comically bad, and I suspect the reviews will keep us entertained for years to come.

Yep. I said they same thing. It just makes no sense. Other than the Transatlantic, no reason to sail this ship.

I suspect that they did this because of the upcoming Virgin Voyages line, which will be adults only.  NCL does not want to lose everyone to Virgin who wants an adult-only experience, so they probably thought expanding Vibe would take care of that.  However, since the fares I have seen for Virgin are very competitive with NCL, and you do not need to pay extra there for the adult only experience, I think NCL missed the mark.

• Like 2