Reflection----Select Dining

tomroach

Is it necessary to reserve our dining times on the Reflection Select Dining? DH does not like waiting too long! Also, if I reserve and don't want to go at that time one night do they need to be notified or do we just go at another time or not at all?:p

No need to make reservations unless its something you prefer. We recently spent 21 days on the ship and never made reservations in the MDR. We simply show-up when we please and usually ask to share a large table....which means we get seated very quickly. Those that have specific preferences such as a 2-top table might find themselves waiting....but this can even happen when you have a reservation. One personal tip. If you want to avoid waits, just eat later (after about 8:15). The biggest demand are during the earlier times.

Hank

There could be a problem. It really depends on the other passengers. Parents with young children tend to dine early, as do some retired passengers. The early seatings are also packed with people trying to dine before the show. Should you make reservations, it is helpful to notify them if you won’t need your table. Good luck:)

What cruise will you be on. We are on the March 2nd cruise and have a 6pm time slot and want a anytime slot. We dont do early dining. if you are on the same sailing maybe we can speak to a concierge and switch our "reservations" if you would like.

You can log in on line and prebook your dining times for each evening, and specify table size too (shared or not). If you decide to do something or some time different one evening just do it, no need to advise them.

What cruise will you be on. We are on the March 2nd cruise and have a 6pm time slot and want a anytime slot. We dont do early dining. if you are on the same sailing maybe we can speak to a concierge and switch our "reservations" if you would like.

Sorry, but we are going on the 12th.

You can log in on line and prebook your dining times for each evening, and specify table size too (shared or not). If you decide to do something or some time different one evening just do it, no need to advise them.

Thank you.

We are on the March 12 sailing.

We were asked to let the hostess know if we won't be dining (Select) the night before so they can release our reservation for that evening and quickly sit someone else.

Hello ElmaLee - I have done exactly what you describe however I cannot find on my cruise planner for dining where to select table size. Do not see a choice for "shared or not", can you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you ... BZ

Hello ElmaLee - I have done exactly what you describe however I cannot find on my cruise planner for dining where to select table size. Do not see a choice for "shared or not", can you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you ... BZ

You log into your cruise planner. Find the icon for Specialty Dining, then Select Dining. Pick the nights, time (which show as available) and select the table size. If you choose Large, you will be seated with others and share the table. I do not believe the word "shared" shows up. I have booked the dining as we are with traveling friends. We have tried to have our individual TA's link our reservations, which isn't always easy on the Celebrity web site. Shortly after boarding, we will check with the maitre d' station to verify all of our reservations to be sure we are OK. We will also confirm our specialty dining requests as we all bought a dining package.

I just made reservations for the length of the cruise in select dining but I didn’t see a place to select dining table size, where would that be?

Thanks,

Don

Tried this every way possible, even changing browsers. Was able to book all our nights and times,but couldn't find any way to indicate our table preference. Is it possible a TA has different access?

We haven't been on Reflection but our experience on other cruises is that if you eat at 6-6:30, you won't need a reservation. Later on, the tables will fill up and then people have to wait until others finish eating. We rarely make a reservation unless we really love a certain wait team and want to guarantee a table in their section.

It probably depends on the cruise.

We were on Reflection in November and early was very crowded. We made reservations for the first night and then found we had to make reservations thereafter, unless we waned to be in the very long "no reservations" line.

Also, they kept making the early time earlier and earlier. At one time they were taking reservations for 5:15!

My husband went to the men's room near the restaurant at 7 pm and it was chaos. Lots of yelling. He felt very sorry for the women at the desk.