Chomping at the bit!!! Anyone off 1st Splendor Cruise back from Mexico?

awinner

Thanks for writing! Still wondering if Plat and Diamonds check in somewhere other than the dome?

Sailing on Saturday so I’ll check it out then. Have heard that we will check in inside, the Little Building will become a Starbucks.

Sailing on Saturday so I’ll check it out then. Have heard that we will check in inside, the Little Building will become a Starbucks.

It looks like the platinum/diamond lounge is on the opposite side of the dome from check in. Right next to the ramp that goes up to the ship.

I didn't pay attention to the amenities other than it looked like it had some comfortable looking chairs.

We are used to Galveston which is an absolute mad house both embarkation and debarking. Long Beach was so smooth and easy on both ends of the trip.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Forums mobile app

It looks like the platinum/diamond lounge is on the opposite side of the dome from check in. Right next to the ramp that goes up to the ship.

I didn't pay attention to the amenities other than it looked like it had some comfortable looking chairs.

We are used to Galveston which is an absolute mad house both embarkation and debarking. Long Beach was so smooth and easy on both ends of the trip.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Forums mobile app

Thanks.

Long Beach has usually been smooth. Hopefully it’s even smoother. Will find out on Saturday.

The Splendor just transitioned from East Coast to West Coast. She just completed her first Mexican Riviera cruise, so there are not any reviews yet for this ship and itinerary. [emoji4]

I am also looking forward to hearing more! 20 days!

We have been on Splendor several times on Mexican Riviera itinerary. Loved this ship, so glad they brought it back to west coast. We are not fans of the Miracle, old ship that showed its age. Really enjoy the spa rooms and the serenity area up front. We have 3 cruises booked one with our daughter and her family including her in laws and a back to back on our own this summer. A little confused about what is going on with Splendor heard several months ago she was leaving Carnival for P&O line, than heard she is staying with Carnival. Just read post on FB that she is moving to Australia next year to replace Spirit. Carnival needs a newer big ship on West Coast similar to if not Splendor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also interested in a review. Sail in two weeks with a crew of 15. Been on Splendor before a few times, and this looks like it will be the last. She is headed to Australia for sure. Posted today:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2595877

Interesting! So she's gonna end up in Australia after all. I wonder what ship is going to replace her out of Long Beach?

I was on the 13 day cruise through the Panama Canal on the Splendor that docked in Long Beach on Jan. 27. I can't help with the Mexican Riveria, but I can tell you some things about the ship. The pink didn't really bother me. The thing that did bother me was the poor condition of the seating in the buffet area on Lido. Most of the seats sunk almost to the floor when you sat on them. If you sit in the chairs, you will be fine, however, they badly need to do something with the padded seating. The seating in the dining rooms is crowded, making it difficult for the waiters to maneuver, and leaving little room for getting around. The breakfast in the dining room was great! That was the best meal of the day to our group. Don't miss the fried oysters on the appetizer menu! We were quite disappointed in the entertainment onboard. I realize it might appeal to some, it just didn't appeal to us. Ice cream and pizza are fantastic!

Received an email from Carnival today that guests should arrive an hour later than their schedule arrival time this Saturday, Feb. 10th:

Due to operational considerations, we expect to open terminal doors at 1:30 PM. With this in mind, we kindly ask that you add one hour to your Arrival Appointment and plan to get to the cruise terminal promptly within the new time. Guests who arrive outside their new Arrival Appointment can expect to have longer wait times in line.

Received an email from Carnival today that guests should arrive an hour later than their schedule arrival time this Saturday, Feb. 10th:

Due to operational considerations, we expect to open terminal doors at 1:30 PM. With this in mind, we kindly ask that you add one hour to your Arrival Appointment and plan to get to the cruise terminal promptly within the new time. Guests who arrive outside their new Arrival Appointment can expect to have longer wait times in line.

That is interesting. I guess that means FTTF aren't supposed to arrive until 1:30 then...everyone will be slower to the fun!

The Splendor just transitioned from East Coast to West Coast. She just completed her first Mexican Riviera cruise, so there are not any reviews yet for this ship and itinerary. 😊

I am also looking forward to hearing more! 20 days!

Oh okay gotcha! Im going on the Splendor on the 17th, i thought maybe it went in for dry dock and i was excited thinking maybe it had iguana joes or Guys burgers now.

I appreciate all the new info.

We haven't sailed on Splendor since she was last based in LB.

We have a family cruise to Hawaii booked for one of her last few months based here.

I always loved the pink décor, and the beautiful black granite staircase.

I'm looking forward to embarking inside, as opposed to waiting outside.

Patti

I was on the 13 day cruise through the Panama Canal on the Splendor that docked in Long Beach on Jan. 27. I can't help with the Mexican Riveria, but I can tell you some things about the ship. The pink didn't really bother me. The thing that did bother me was the poor condition of the seating in the buffet area on Lido. Most of the seats sunk almost to the floor when you sat on them. If you sit in the chairs, you will be fine, however, they badly need to do something with the padded seating. The seating in the dining rooms is crowded, making it difficult for the waiters to maneuver, and leaving little room for getting around. The breakfast in the dining room was great! That was the best meal of the day to our group. Don't miss the fried oysters on the appetizer menu! We were quite disappointed in the entertainment onboard. I realize it might appeal to some, it just didn't appeal to us. Ice cream and pizza are fantastic!

Did you happen to eat at the Steakhouse? If so, can you confirm if it was the "new" menu or the "old" menu?

Thanks in advance...

What menu were the fried oysters on? You were talking about the best breakfast menu and then mentioned oysters. ...on the breakfast menu? I sure don't want to miss them. I had heard they were on the new steakhouse menu but does Splendor have any of the new menus.

That is interesting. I guess that means FTTF aren't supposed to arrive until 1:30 then...everyone will be slower to the fun!

I was wondering about those who paid for FTTF as well. We did not. Our arrival time is 12:30 which now means 1:30. Doesn't give those who paid extra much of a head start.

I wonder if the delay is due to some problem in the new terminal?

What menu were the fried oysters on? You were talking about the best breakfast menu and then mentioned oysters. ...on the breakfast menu? I sure don't want to miss them. I had heard they were on the new steakhouse menu but does Splendor have any of the new menus.

The fried oysters were on the appetizer menu in the dining room one night. I wished I had ordered three servings. Sorry, we didn't try the steakhouse.

The fried oysters were on the appetizer menu in the dining room one night. I wished I had ordered three servings. Sorry, we didn't try the steakhouse.

Thanks for the reply....Did you attend a comedy show? If so, did you find it overly crowded? Meaning do we need to go 1/2 early to get a decent seat?

Thanks in advance...

Does anyone know if you can you still smoke cigars in the cigar bar or have they stopped that? Thanks!

To my husbands dismay I believe there is no more cigar bar...he's so bummed....his absolute favorite way to end an evening on a cruise is with a scotch and a cigar in the cigar bar...oh well we'll made do lol

There are some notes on Splendor from a cruiser on the Jan 27th cruise. There on the last page of their Role Call thread. Here's a link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2425290&page=6

Also some posts from cruisers on-board in the Roll Call thread for the Feb 3rd cruise. Here's that link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2476296&page=17

Ok, I've just decided I'm going to get the internet package, take along my computer & scanner for our cruise on Splendor on the 17th, and do a thread with live updates.

Edited by Wanna_Cruize
More Info