Random photo received in the mail ???

reno3

We went on a cruise, Getaway, almost one year ago. My son's girlfriend just received a photo in the mail

yesterday taken on the ship by the ship staff of the two of them at dinner one night. They don't remember purchasing it

and even if they did I think they would have received the photo before they left the ship. Just the photo in a big envelope, no

note or anything else. Has this happened to anyone else?

This actually sounds a bit creepy.

• I thought they destroyed all pictures not claimed
  • If they bought them they would have picked them up with the purchase.
  • NCL would somehow had to trace the faces with the names and addresses and send it out
  • 1 year ago seems an awful lot of time
  • They would not have sent it without some sort or form or note about it
  • Something is wrong with this picture (pardon the pun)

Maybe they forgot they purchased it and didn't pick it up. It is kind of crazy that almost one year later they

mail it to them. The other thing is, the cabin was booked in my son's name (on board account was also his credit card) and the photo was mailed to his girlfriends home address?

A bit different circumstances, but we did a private photo session on Holland America but then decided not to purchase the photos. A few months after we returned from the cruise, they mailed us a beautiful 11x14 photo of our family, free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our last cruise we looked through the pictures and there were 2 black and white pictures that we wanted, but we wanted them in color. The staff had to re-print them and we had to go back and get them the next morning, disembarkation day.

It is possible that she requested a picture that was on the computer but not in the folder, gave her address, and then forgot in the rush to get off the ship.

That is the "it's probably something nice" me.

The pessimistic me says contact NCL and do a run down on *** happened. If it was someone's mistake, no big deal. If it was anything else make certain it stops and doesn't happen to anyone else.

Is it not a joke by someone who was on the cruise? Your son or another relative? I seriously doubt NCL would have sent this to them...

Sounds more like it was bought a year ago by someone and it's now being sent as a reminder of the cruise or something.

We went on a cruise, Getaway, almost one year ago. My son's girlfriend just received a photo in the mail

yesterday taken on the ship by the ship staff of the two of them at dinner one night. They don't remember purchasing it

and even if they did I think they would have received the photo before they left the ship. Just the photo in a big envelope, no

note or anything else. Has this happened to anyone else?

What does the return address show? How about the USPS cancellation stamp? From where was it mailed?

Is it not a joke by someone who was on the cruise? Your son or another relative? I seriously doubt NCL would have sent this to them...

Sounds more like it was bought a year ago by someone and it's now being sent as a reminder of the cruise or something.

Nope....it was the four of us on the cruise and we did not do it.

We won a free photo. Maybe they did the same and never picked one out, so they mailed one?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe.....just kind of weird that we cruised last March and now getting the photo!!!

Ummmm.... does she have a gun in her bedside cabinet, a pitbull or german shepherd by her side & a deadbolt on her door?

That is freaky!!!! And personally I doubt that is anything to do with NCL, especially as the photos were not connected to her with her address.

ONLY scenario would be someone in the family, especially your son. If he absolutely swears he didn't mail it, I would be fishing that envelope out of the garbage with latex gloves on my hands & examining it carefully or handing it to the local deputy! lol

Yikes!

I'm so happy you shared this link. I found photos from our last 3 cruises on there!

Did you have to do anything special to get multiple cruises to appear? I signed up during the beta and they only displayed one cruise since you had to enter a specific sailing date. It doesn’t let us select additional sailing dates, and after emailing them about it they never got back to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Envelope is gone....at the recycle plant !!! Unfortunately the envelope had been open and photo removed for a day or two before she knew it was there. I guess they open each others mail!!! She found the photo and than asked her family about it and dad said he opened it and forgot to tell her about it. When I asked her about the envelope the trash had been picked up that morning.....gone! I asked my son again.....he did not mail it and had nothing to do with it!! I guess just one of those mysteries that we may never know !!!

Hmmm. The only other thing I can think of if it was purchased, left behind, turned into "Lost and Found" and just now being returned to it's rightful owner? Seems like a long shot but it's much less creepy than being sent a photo out of nowhere. Either way, it's super cute and I hope it's a great reminder of a wonderful trip. :-)

Did you have to do anything special to get multiple cruises to appear? I signed up during the beta and they only displayed one cruise since you had to enter a specific sailing date. It doesn’t let us select additional sailing dates, and after emailing them about it they never got back to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, they all just showed up. I put in my most recent sailing date and they were there.

I just looked again and it's only the past 2 cruises from 2017. Yesterday, I could've sworn the one from 2016 was there too.