Tell me I am not dreaming: just got my first move over offer!

nattie

So I have just accepted first move over over we ever got - from 5 day Crown Princess to 7 day Regal Princess, with all OBCs and free gratuities...

I still cant believe this :)

Please feel free to tell me how lucky I am ;p

If I read this correctly you simply were moved from a five night to a seven night (on a newer, arguably better ship) with your existing promos intact. Nothing else to sweeten the deal? At least a higher cabin category I hope.

(which is not to say that you shouldn't have taken the offer--because if I was in your shoes I would have as long as the timing was right. but I may have first asked if they could do anything further...)

So it was for 5 day 2/18 sailing on Crown, we had ME minisuite. Moved to 3/25 sailing on Regal, from forward mini to mid ship mini (MB), so better cabin category but not by much. Didnt think about asking for more, as for me it was good deal timing wise - new cruise is over school spring break here in MoCo MD. Also got airfare changes refunded (came in at $149.70 pp and Princess reimbursing up to $150)

Have never been on Crown, so I am actually super excited!

again, congrats on the move over

I will now advise you to quit reading and posting on this thread as multiple posters will tell you what a terrible deal you took, and you could have basically gotten your full cruise fare paid as OBC along with your new cruise...

Yes, did I forgot to say that in my excitement? We got full fare as OBCs, plus my $250 OBCs from original booking and free gratuities.

Just curious, releck97, did you guys take the offer?

OK, that's what I would have expected--full refund on the original (as refundable OBC), all OBC from the first one also made refundable, PLUS another cruise usually including a cabin upgrade. If you don't spend all your OBC on the new cruise, you can expect a check in 2-6 weeks. They told us 6, but it came in 2 1/2.

Now that we're both retired we keep dreaming of having a move over offer but it really isn't all that likely to happen. Heck, our next cruise sails March 18 and it's not sold out. There's even a Window Suite (the smaller one) left. The only category showing as sold out is Mini Suites and those just finally sold out. Enjoy your free cruise. :D

Pardon my ignorance but you booked a cruise and because they want to sell the room you already paid for they offered you a different cruise?

Why would they so that? The room is already book? They give you a 7 day which you pay the extra then make you wait until 6 weeks after your cruise to get refunded? Hoping you spend the entire credit on the ship?

Pardon my ignorance but you booked a cruise and because they want to sell the room you already paid for they offered you a different cruise?

Why would they so that? The room is already book? They give you a 7 day which you pay the extra then make you wait until 6 weeks after your cruise to get refunded? Hoping you spend the entire credit on the ship?

Why would Princess do that? Most likely the ship is overbooked; just like the airlines that sell more tickets than seats for every flight, Princess sells more bookings (usually guarantees) than actual cabins as the number of last minute cancellations can usually be quite accurately predicted. Though by the number of recent threads on this topic, perhaps the booking matrix needs some tweaking.

Could also be that there is a long waiting list of passengers willing to pay rack rate for a last minute booking. Especially clients of super high volume agents. Princess ends up getting more additional cash than what it costs them in OBC to the passenger accepting the move over offer. Which is entirely voluntary.

The OP did not have to pay one cent extra to move from the five night to the seven night cruise. Princess even reimbursed the change fees for their flights. And gave them 100% of the cruise fare as a refundable OBC so if they do not spend it all they will receive a check in the mail for the difference. (All of this clearly discussed in previous posts on this thread).

Now that we're both retired we keep dreaming of having a move over offer but it really isn't all that likely to happen.
The same with us. We've booked three cruises since my retirement and still no move-over offer. On our cruise around the British isles last August, several folks on our roll call thread reported being given move-down offers--to move from a balcony cabin to an inside in exchange for their cruise fare as refundable onboard credit. We met one couple who took the offer.

But considering what we paid for our cruise next week on the Regal, I'm not sure I'd take a move-over offer unless Princess really upped the offer, such as moving us to a suite on a longer cruise.

Yes, did I forgot to say that in my excitement? We got full fare as OBCs, plus my $250 OBCs from original booking and free gratuities.

Just curious, releck97, did you guys take the offer?

Our travel companions backed out. One of them is a teacher. Princess does not have Caribbean cruises during his spring break. It became too complicated :(

When they offer FULL FARE as OBC- does that include the port and taxes?

No...that gets transferred to new cruise...we've had a few move overs and they don't refund that portion...however, if there is a big difference in port fees from previous cruise to new cruise (in your favor) you can ask for the difference to be returned.

We also had a move over offer on a recent 10 day Caribbean cruise on the Royal Princess. We agreed to give up a balcony cabin for an inside, with a full refund of cruise cost (except taxes & fees). Princess website showed cruise as being sold out.

We have another cruise booked, so the extra money will come in handy!

We also had a move over offer on a recent 10 day Caribbean cruise on the Royal Princess. We agreed to give up a balcony cabin for an inside, with a full refund of cruise cost (except taxes & fees). Princess website showed cruise as being sold out.

We have another cruise booked, so the extra money will come in handy!

This is a move down offer (which we have also had). The perks are not usually as good as a move over. You get your full cruise fare refunded. The "cruise fare" portion of the ticket does not include taxes and fees. On a move over, these are rolled over to the new cruise; if they are higher on the new cruise, Princess eats the difference.

On a move over, you get to book a new cruise of your choice within their parameters--usually the same length + a couple of days, and you are usually offered a cabin upgrade. On a move down, you keep the same cruise you are booked on and sail in a lower cabin--so you don't get the "upgrade" or the potentially longer cruise of a move over.

None the less, we took it and considered that a free cruise + return of the cruise fare was a great deal.