Need Inside Tips! As in an inside cabin!

ddlb

For those of you prefer the inside cabins please could I ask your advice. I've only done balconies but am trying an inside on the Epic - on a transatlantic yet!

I know the cabin will be small but my main question is has anyone ever brought some sort of cheap light-weight foldable type chair? If so please provide info! My back is killing me just thinking about sitting on that stool or the bed. And I do need down time awat from all the noise and goings on as I'm a senior!

Any advice or tips would be most welcome. I must say I sure liked the price of the inside and am using some of that extra cash for the spa. Thanks for any tips or advice!

I've stayed in inside, balcony, and Haven suites on NCL cruises. The inside is snug (very snug) and the floor space is pretty limited. That being said our inside room did have a chair, but it wasn't designed for support. If you bring your own chair I'm sure your room steward could remove the one provided (assuming your room has one). They are generally very accommodating. Good luck on your trip!

I've stayed in inside, balcony, and Haven suites on NCL cruises. The inside is snug (very snug) and the floor space is pretty limited. That being said our inside room did have a chair, but it wasn't designed for support. If you bring your own chair I'm sure your room steward could remove the one provided (assuming your room has one). They are generally very accommodating. Good luck on your trip!

If the cabin doesn’t come with one would I be able to ask for one it’s a I D cabin. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For those of you prefer the inside cabins please could I ask your advice. I've only done balconies but am trying an inside on the Epic - on a transatlantic yet!

I know the cabin will be small but my main question is has anyone ever brought some sort of cheap light-weight foldable type chair? If so please provide info! My back is killing me just thinking about sitting on that stool or the bed. And I do need down time awat from all the noise and goings on as I'm a senior!

Any advice or tips would be most welcome. I must say I sure liked the price of the inside and am using some of that extra cash for the spa. Thanks for any tips or advice!

All of the inside NCL cabins we've had have a straight chair.

A "bag chair" is worse than a stool, IMO! Just get OUT of the cabin , and sit in the real chairs around the ship!

Maybe some folks like spending time alone, inside the cabin, where they can wear sweatpants and let their hair look messy and prop up their feet in solitude :)

Maybe some folks like spending time alone, inside the cabin, where they can wear sweatpants and let their hair look messy and prop up their feet in solitude :)

Actually, I've seen that look in common areas of ships in recent history, sadly people have less class all the time.....

If there isn’t a chair in your cabin, you should be able to ask your room steward for one (likely something from a dining room, game room or conference room). That way, you won’t have to deal with flying with the extra weight and bulk of your own chair.

This is exactly my problem with an inside cabin on NCL! We also like downtime and use the sofa and small table more than the actual balcony. Can't stand the thought of losing that space. I don't sit in my bed at home, dont intent to do so on vacation. Let us know how the chair in a bag works out! We're big tailgaters. Have spent many a Saturday afternoon in a chair from a bag... enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually stick with inside cabin-for me, id rather cruise more often and that means we go with the lower priced rooms. Not always ( in a spa balcony on next trip)

Anyway, you can definitely ask your cabin attendant for a regular chair. We’ve done it with my mom. One time we were actually brought a white plastic Lawn chair which she could also use in the shower. Another time it was a regular dining room type chair. I would think you wouldn’t need to lug a camping chair with

If you don't need the private space but just want a comfortable quite place to spend time. Head up to the very top deck (above the buffet). One of the elevators takes you up there, but not all of them. Head to the very front of the ship. Nice quiet area, very few people make it up there and it is quiet.