What to do in Roatan

CaFireCaptain

I believe we were quoted around 80 bucks for 2 people, private driver for the day. Prices changed depending how many people in your party and what you want to do. Sounds worth it to me to go wherever you want - no schedule and with a guy who knows the island.

Edit - I went to look and this looks exactly like what I saw a year and a half ago:

From Victor Bodden

"Best of Roatan" Private Tour and a Private Guide/Vehicle for your entire day on Roatan:

• Tour Duration: Up to You! But, rest assured, we'll get you back to your ship with plenty of time to spare.

• 2 Guests - $40 per person
  • 3 Guests - $30 per person
  • 4 or more Guests -- $25 per person
  • Children UNDER age 5 are No Charge

• There is no prepayment or deposit for your tour (payment will be in US CASH ONLY once you get to the island)
  • Confirmed Reservations are Required

LOL!!!

Too bad you are missing out on a beautiful place.!!

As I stated, been there multiple times ....multiple times...... not missing out on anything..... on one visit even encountered an incident myself. However....you cruise where you cruise Bob's wife. And I will continue to cruise where I want to cruise. ...for you to LOL at a post which is of serious content...well......says a lot about you. I simply stated I am not going there and why.....no more no less. Sorry it seems to have bothered you.......

As I stated, been there multiple times ....multiple times...... not missing out on anything..... on one visit even encountered an incident myself. However....you cruise where you cruise Bob's wife. And I will continue to cruise where I want to cruise. ...for you to LOL at a post which is of serious content...well......says a lot about you. I simply stated I am not going there and why.....no more no less. Sorry it seems to have bothered you.......

No problem and no bother. Obviously I hit a nerve of yours. Happy cruising!

We really liked Tabyana Beach. We were there last April. We booked the excursion through the cruise line, which happened to be NCL. Our excursion included an area on the beach that included a security guard. Who actually would keep the locals away from us. I did get a persistent little boy trying to sell me jewelry, as I tried to enter the water....I just kept saying no. We did pay 5$ to hold and take pictures with a little monkey and did walk and buy t shirts from the vendors on the beach.

The beach itself has such clear water and smooth sand. Actually one of our favorite beaches ever. I’m not sure how far it is to travel from the port that Carnival docks at? Tabyana has bathroom facilities/outdoor showers and they served lunch ( we didn’t eat there) but you could. IMG_1467.thumb.jpg.8014f65ce61ffef11b74e9b9eb6fbbee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Daniel Johnson's Monkey & Sloth hangout.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1759941-d10486348-Reviews-Daniel_Johnson_s_Monkey_and_Sloth_Hang_Out-French_Harbour_Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

Also has a FB account that you can search. Went there back in August and had a blast.

My favorite excursion of any cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were just in Roatan on the Carnival Glory on Feb 14, 2018. I did some research here on cruise critic and trip advisor and we were really happy with all the things we were able to do in one day. We booked with Victor Bodden Tours and we had THE best port day I have ever had on a cruise. It was AWESOME even though there were some rainy parts here & there. It was all good.

1st - we did the ziplines thru the jungle. About 12 or 13 different lines I think. Super fun & I LOVED it!!

2nd - we toured the Victor Bodden Sloth & Monkey Habitat. We were able to get photos of us with all of the various animals (sloth, monkees, giant colorful macaws, etc). Holding the baby sloth was just about the coolest thing ever. They have the sweetest little faces.

3rd - we had a private dive boat (just us and the boat owner JC) take us out to the Barrier Reef for an hour of snorkeling. It was absolutely the best snorkeling we did that week, and we snorkeled at every single port stop on this cruise. JC went in the water with us, but was not in the way. When he saw something great he would let us know & we'd go check it out with him. Oh my gosh, we saw such a huge variety of amazing fish. A spotted moray eel, a huge school of about 100 blue tangs, puffers, even a lionfish! They are amazing to see in person. The variety of the fish in Roatan is amazing. We snorkeled at the Great Barrier Reef in Australia last year, and Australia definitely had the most beautiful corals. The colors of the corals in Roatan was not as spectacular, but the variety and the beauty of the fish were even better than what we had experienced in the Great Barrier Reef.

4th - We wanted to go to the top of Roatan and get a nice photo of the island, so our driver took us up to the tippy top and we got some great photos of the island and the surrounding ocean. He also took some great photos of us with our camera which were much appreciated.

So, we had a great day. Our cost with Victor Bodden was a total of $95 per person for everything. A private car & driver, over an hour of ziplining, the sloths/monkeys/macaws/etc also a private tour with photos, the boat trip out to the barrier reef with a private snorkel guide. Are you kidding me? A Carnival snorkel excursion with 80 others squashed on the boat & kicking you in the water can easily set you back $70 -$80 bucks or more.

I would do that day over again in a heartbeat! Amazing, amazing day. So I heartily recommend Victor Bodden tours.

--- Rene

If you want easy, relaxing, and cheap; just turn right after leaving the dock and go to Carnival's beach in port. We did that last time for a "no frills, no excursion" kind of beach day and had a nice enough time.

If you want a beautiful Caribbean beach, crystal clear water, and great snorkeling; you are going to have to go outside of the port terminal. Tabyana, Little French Key, and West Bay are good locations for that; but we could be getting out of the realm of "inexpensive" when talking about booking any kind of amenities at these places. The shore snorkeling in West Bay is world class IMO, look up some videos of it like this one:

. I know that is where I want to go next time I'm in Roatan