Just disembarked the Ruby Princess today so....

MsSoCalCruiser

About happy hour, it would be a shame if they dropped it. In the Patter it would of been listed at 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM in the Wheelhouse Bar. I saw Patters from a couple that were on a Mexican Riviera cruise the week of Jan. 6-13, 2018 and during their cruise it was on every day. Could you double check that time frame in your Patters one last time. Maybe with a different captain or cruise director it was eliminated. Thank you for giving us the name of the captain and cruise director.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

About happy hour, it would be a shame if they dropped it. In the Patter it would of been listed at 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM in the Wheelhouse Bar. I saw Patters from a couple that were on a Mexican Riviera cruise the week of Jan. 6-13, 2018 and during their cruise it was on every day. Could you double check that time frame in your Patters one last time. Maybe with a different captain or cruise director it was eliminated. Thank you for giving us the name of the captain and cruise director.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

I checked specifically for that timeframe each and every day of the cruise and it was never offered. Neither was it offered in the 10-11pm slot.

I checked specifically for that timeframe each and every day of the cruise and it was never offered. Neither was it offered in the 10-11pm slot.

Thanks travlngar, I was just hoping it would be in place for our March 10th cruise on the Ruby. I know a lot of people from our roll call will be disappointed. :(

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

About happy hour, it would be a shame if they dropped it.

There are other threads which say it has been dropped on other Princess ships and a few posts that say it still is on some of the ships but posters were told it will be discontinued soon.

Happy Hour was available on the Ruby Jan 20-27 2018...so this has been a recent change.

We were on the Ruby in early December and they had the Happy Hour each day, twice a day as well. That isn't the only change either. Now with each breakfast they have carts for $3.00 Bellini sales and are offered at every dining location where you are going for breakfast. That I don't recall happening in December but I might be wrong.

Also now the coffee cards I received in exchanging out the mini-bar setup have the 12/31/2018 expiration date on back. So I definitely plan to note all these things on the Survey today with comments and will probably give them the lowest mark that I have ever given a Princess Cruises when it comes to the category "Value for the Cruise".

I did enjoy the cruise with our friends who were traveling for the first time with us and I do always appreciate that Princess allows us to stack the Onboard Credit, I just wish that as the Cruise fares are steadily increasing they would quit cutting back here and there on the little extra specials that helped to make the cruise more of a "value".

I just got off of the Ruby today as well. The embarkation was absolutely flawless. I have never seen an embarkation go so smoothly.

was surprised to see that life vests are no longer needed for the muster drill.

WE all nearly had to "muster" second night out when a woman went missing from Aloha deck. It took announcements ship wide every 15 minutes starting at @230AM before she was found. If she was not found I was told everyone was going to have to go to their muster stations so the entire ship could be searched!

I would agree with that, I timed it, from the time we left the elite lounge to the street was under 15 mins. I have never had it go that smoothly. They called walk off 1-4 around 745. We were in our friends car and on the way a little after 8am.

I read a review where some people had said how much fun they had in the escape room. I thought it was on the ruby but maybe it was the regal.

:D...I think it was on a total different cruise line, Royal Caribbean.....they are great fun..but you have to be very very good at deductive reasoning.....Our group of 12 or was it 16 on a Anthem of the Seas....did "break out" it was crazy fun....but I will say...a trio of teens paired with a MD in the group...aided greatly in our quick escape.....have to think totally out to of the box....

My friend was on the Ruby for the Mexican Riviera cruise Feb 10-17 and she said they had happy hour. We will be on March 22nd California Coastal cruise, so I don't really expect happy hour for a four night cruise. It would be nice though.