Escape Room

sdrocks

From what I've heard they are enforced. Sorry it's not what you wanted to hear. Pretty complex puzzles on the Harmony when we did the puzzle room. Some are easy but just take some concentration. I consider myself fairly intelligent but it took more smarts on some things than I have. At least for under the hour time limit.

Does anyone know if the age 14 & above strictly enforced ? We have 2 8y/o, a 10 y/o & 12 y/o that would like to

do the escape room. Could we do it ?

TIA

My guess is that those ages are far too young. It is a group effort and requires a lot of thinking that may be over the heads of younger kids. Too young of a crowd could significantly and negatively impact the other paying guests experience.

This is just a guess however and I’d be interested to hear any replies that know for sure.

Thanks, that makes sense. I'm also guessing the 3 youngest would get bored pretty quickly. The 12 y/o I think would enjoy it. He likes

challenges, etc, but will see what the group thinks. May have to leave grandpa to herd the young ones around, but he may be exhausted

by the time we reconnect. LOL ! These kids are active & quick & grandpa not so much . LOL .

We were a group of 13 people that did it on the Anthem in June. 6 adults and 7 kids ages 14, 13, 12, 12, 12, 10 & 10. RCL originally did give us push back on the 10 year olds being able to participate but ended up letting them join since we were our own group with only 2 other adults that didn't mind them being there. But I will say the 10 year olds were completely bored. The puzzle and clues are difficult and it was way above their heads. This is why Royal does not allow younger kids because it is a distraction to the group if the child is complaining about being bored (this is what were were told). I was actually surprised our 12 year olds were into it.

To be honest, you're not missing much if you skip this activity.

I did this on Anthem in January and there was a small boy, maybe 8 years old or so, in our group. He wasn't a distraction, but there wasn't much he could do. It would take a pretty intellectual 10 yr old to get a lot of this stuff. If I were running it, I could see letting in one underage kid but not a group because it would detract from the experience for the group. We really enjoyed doing this but it was hard.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, liz24601 said:

I am a group of only two people will we be able to do this event

Just like Sherie said, Yes you can.  We just got off Ovation OTS on Tuesday and we booked for only 2 but there were 12 of us there.  Great to have others helping you.  We finished with 9:07 to spare!!!!! 

I suspect, but can't confirm, that if you bought out all the availability out of a particular time slot (12) that you would be able to do it.

I'd be inclined to believe that the age limit is as much for other guests, as much as it is for abilities. We've done escape rooms on land with our 10 y/o grand-daughter with success (not that she helped much, but she felt like she did)

Just a thought.

I did the escape room on the Harmony TA when it was first came to the US.  I signed up on our own. At that time there was no charge for the escape room. 

I had scheduled this at a time on my planner before the cruise.  That time ended up being a conflict with a D+ bridge tour.  So, I took a slot in the next to last time slot on the cruise. [couldn't get an earlier time].  They eventually cancelled the last slot.  My time slot ended up being 2 hours before the photo op for the 3 Oasis ships and the last time period for the whole cruise.

It took some time to get all three ships into position. There were helicopters overhead, boats shooting water in the air, etc. Passengers and crew were out on the decks and we only had 5 passengers show up. 

The minimum number to participate is 6.  There is a reason for that. [I will not say what it is]  We had 4 adults and a 16 yr old.  The teenager was very helpful.  But, there is little chance a 10 or 8 year old could have figured out the various challenges.  Maybe the escape room is easier on others ships. 

We were lucky to make it out just as time was ending.  

An 8 year old good with puzzles and math could handle many puzzles in the room on Navigator but you probably couldn't get them in without booking the room for your group (max is 14).  If you book through the Cruise Planner it knows ages and wouldn't let you book them, so would need to book onboard.  By then the bookings are probably going to be full.  When we checked in the clipboard only listed one name and a number in party for each family.

9 hours ago, Ren1216 said:

Why is there a cost on some ships but not on others??

On Anthem and Ovation it was a bit an afterthought and not a purpose built venue like the rest of the ships on which there's a charge.

Biker, who thinks the free escape room an Anthem may change after her dry dock.

Edited by Biker19