Certified Vacation Planner at Royal Caribbean

venicia

I received an email from an individual that indicated he is my "Certified Vacation Planner" at Royal Caribbean. The email does appear to have been sent through Royal Caribbean. A long time ago I was a part time travel agent and made arrangements for clients by calling the specific company. Since this is something I used to do, I still call the company to book my travel.

Has anyone else received this type of email?

Is Royal hiring outside agents to handle some of the calls coming into their representatives?

thanks

Certified Vacation Planner = 19 year old Filipiniana student..

Not necessarily true. I have used the same Certified Vacation Planner with Royal since 2008. She is great. I also had CVP's with Celebrity when we sailed with them. Erika always gets me the cabin I want and the best deal available at the time I choose to book. I have received those emails in the past but stuck with Erika. She is based in Miami but not at the port office. She choose to move to one of Royal's centers closer to her home.

All of the CVP's I have worked with over the years have been in the Miami area.

• Like 2

I prefer to work with whoever happens to answer the phone at RCI when I call...I used to hit #9 and get to the C&A D+ desk ....but I've recently talked to some great reps just waiting for the regular one's to answer for booking a few cruises, check updated pricing etc.

I have used the same CVP at Royal for our last 4 cruises and she is great! We had a price drop for our upcoming cruise in April and she took care of it in a few seconds and saved us over $100 per room. A few years ago when my wife and I were looking for a last minute cruise she called me up and said, "get your wallet out you are going to love what I just found for you"! Let's just say we paid more to stay on the beach in Fort L for two days before our cruise than we paid for the 5 day cruise.

Also, she always has a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in the room. She really is great.

• Like 1

thank you for all your replies!

I was a bit shocked when I received the email. I am most fortunate that I have always had great luck with the persons I speak to when calling in for my bookings. I do not book on line since I always have a few things I prefer to speak to a representative about.

JB

• 4 years later...

I had a wonderful Certified Vacation Planner at Royal and all of a sudden she doesn't answer her phone or emails.  Love working with them this way so does anyone have one you could give me their name and extension.  Thanks in advance.