Water for Cabin

FLgal0214

NCL Newbie here. Question - I've seen it mentioned on the boards that you can purchase bottled water for your cabin before the cruise. 1) Is that the best deal OR can you purchase bottled water once you get on the ship for a better price. 2) Where can you find that on the NCL website? I can't find it under the drink packages. I may be looking in the wrong area.

Thanks.

There is no need to purchase bottled water for your cabin. The water on board ship is perfectly drinkable and its free. If you want to bring an empty sports bottle or insulated mug with you, any of the bartenders will be happy to put ice and water in it for you. The Room Stewards fill the ice bucket in your cabin twice a day.

There is no need to purchase bottled water for your cabin. The water on board ship is perfectly drinkable and its free. If you want to bring an empty sports bottle or insulated mug with you, any of the bartenders will be happy to put ice and water in it for you. The Room Stewards fill the ice bucket in your cabin twice a day.

This... please.

I’m on the Spirit now and each day I have taken water for my excursion and have not drank it. I’ve brought the same Aquafina bottle on and off the ship. I told security that I didn’t drink it, which I didn’t.

Use this information as you will. Aquafina

I did not buy bottle for my last trip When i was in my room late at night or early morning and i did not have cold water I was not happy I did not want to walk in my pajamas to the drink stations to fill up my mug

So yes I agree ship water is perfectly fine to drink I drink it all day long so do my children And we fill our bottles for excursions by using the ships cups and filling our bottle for sanitary reasons

BUT this time I'm purchasing the 6 liter bottles to have on hand in my room for convenience I never remember to take cold water back to my cabin after a long day at the pool

I did not buy bottle for my last trip When i was in my room late at night or early morning and i did not have cold water I was not happy I did not want to walk in my pajamas to the drink stations to fill up my mug. ... l

Why did you not use the ice and melted ice for water from the ice bucket in the cabin. That is what we use at night.

We just got back from a RCI cruise and the ice was "available on request". We are looking at possibly using NCL for our next cruise and was wondering if the cabin attendant fills the ice bucket routinely or "on request"?

Thanks!

We just got back from a RCI cruise and the ice was "available on request". We are looking at possibly using NCL for our next cruise and was wondering if the cabin attendant fills the ice bucket routinely or "on request"?

Thanks!

A polite request seems to be the way to get it.

Thanks!

All of my previous NCL cruises, our room steward kept our bucket filled twice a day. This past cruise on the Epic, I had to request that he keep it filled, which he did without issue.

If it's not filled, just leave your room steward a note asking for him/her to keep it filled.

I did not buy bottle for my last trip When i was in my room late at night or early morning and i did not have cold water I was not happy I did not want to walk in my pajamas to the drink stations to fill up my mug

So yes I agree ship water is perfectly fine to drink I drink it all day long so do my children And we fill our bottles for excursions by using the ships cups and filling our bottle for sanitary reasons

BUT this time I'm purchasing the 6 liter bottles to have on hand in my room for convenience I never remember to take cold water back to my cabin after a long day at the pool

6 liters! Those are big bottles of water to carry around.

room service brings pitcher of ice water for free.

We just got back from a RCI cruise and the ice was "available on request". We are looking at possibly using NCL for our next cruise and was wondering if the cabin attendant fills the ice bucket routinely or "on request"? Thanks!

Your ice bucket is refilled twice a day routinely during morning service and evening turn-down.

How is purchasing bottled water from norwegian going to be kept cold any better than any other water? If you bring multiple water bottles you can fill them and store them in the mini fridge. I assume that’s what you plan on doing with Norwegian’s bottled water. It doesn’t magically stay cold all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m on the Spirit now and each day I have taken water for my excursion and have not drank it. I’ve brought the same Aquafina bottle on and off the ship. I told security that I didn’t drink it, which I didn’t.

Use this information as you will. �� Aquafina

My niece is also on that ship. :)

Guys! I never even thought to ask room service for water!!!!!!! Hysterical! How stupid lol

Anyway I was saying I plan to purchase NCL small water package to keep in fridge in our cabin then fill up our own personal water bottles with it

But now I may just ask for a pitcher from room service!! Genius!

i brought a nice large "double wall vacuum insulated stainless steel" water bottle with me because i love ice water all day/night. i would fill with ice and water at the buffet and these bottles keep coooooold for at least 24 hours (still had ice in it in the mornings) and hot for 6-12-24 hours (depending on the brand). you do not have to buy the name brand bottles because the cheaper ones work just as well, if not better.

For the OP, the one disadvantage of the water packages is that on all ships except the Pride of America the bottles are the large 1 liter size. On board you can also buy 20 ounce bottles of water, a much more convenient size, but the price is higher per ounce that way.

We always buy at least a six pack for the cabin. Otherwise, the filtered water on board in the buffet, restaurants, from room service and at the bars is fine for us as the carbon filtering removes the taste of chlorine we find objectionable in the tap water.