New room Key

swscruiser

It seems pretty similar to families who sail in two cabins and book one parent in each cabin and then once on board put the kids in one cabin and the adults together in the other.

Some families do a similar move to get the Senior discount.....one Senior booked into each cabin and then they switch cabins once they board.

We got extra sets of keys once so we had access to each other’s cabins with no problem.

GOOD LUCK!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've got a headache trying to follow this logic ;p

Not sure if you're referring to something else in the thread, or just my last post?

I am just saying that people can like to drink quality over quantity, and if they try to do that the way the package is designed, isn't really great for them. I think you can only get drinks that are up to $9. If you only drink great scotch, top-shelf liquors or great wine, the package doesn't cover it. It doesn't let me buy wine by the bottle, or pay for my corkage fees. All that is out-of-pocket. If you want to slam back 10 middle-of-the-road selections or highballs, this could be an awesome deal! But for me, it can be hard to make the 'numbers' work if you don't really 'booze it up' and hold your liquor like the boys.

I think they only want to buy one beveage package per couple( for the one drinker out oftwo persons in the couple and preumably caibn..... so are willing to split up and have couple s not sharing a cab in. that sounds like a fun c ruise. ,,,, not being with their partner. :rolleyes: Oh well, all tthat to not spend for two beverage pac kages What kind of vacatiion when people go to such extreme. s to cheat the system. So clever. . Now that they have posted their brilliant plan here, would be funny if some one on the ship (in tthe front office, for example and is on to them. Oh well, h appy cruising.

Of course, I may have read it wrong and am sorry if that is the case but sure sounds like a 'scheme' to me.

They want to BOOK the cabins with the two husbands in one cabin and the two wives in another. The men want to buy the package for the two of them (MEN) and none for the wives (because they don't drink). After getting onboard, the husbands and wives would switch cabins so that each couple spent the cruise in a cabin together -- but the men would have the beverage package. IF the wives never had a drink from the packages, the men really wouldn't be cheating the system. Two people will have paid for beverage packages and only two people (the men) will be using them. As long as the package isn't shared at all, HAL isn't losing a dime.

It isn't the way HAL designed it, but the results are the same.

It's an interesting idea and I would love to know if you make it work.

There would be some confusion, as the cabin steward would expect 2 men in one cabin and 2 in the other.

They may not be bothered that they have a man and woman in each cabin. They are too busy, to worry about it.

Sandra

I don't understand. People tell parents TO DO this ALL the time with their kids. They book a parent in one room w/1 kid and parent in 2nd cabin w/1 kid and then swap/get keys as needed. With kids sleeping in 1 cabin and parents sleeping in 2nd cabin.

So why is this any different? And yes, I can clearly see that they are NOT sharing the drink packages.

It seems pretty similar to families who sail in two cabins and book one parent in each cabin and then once on board put the kids in one cabin and the adults together in the other.

Some families do a similar move to get the Senior discount.....one Senior booked into each cabin and then they switch cabins once they board.

We got extra sets of keys once so we had access to each other’s cabins with no problem.

GOOD LUCK!

Senior Discount ? Huh? What Senior Discount:? I get told here all the time how old I am but I never got any HAL Senior Discount ! But I would happily accept same were it made availa ble to me. :)

Senior Discount ? Huh? What Senior Discount:? I get told here all the time how old I am but I never got any HAL Senior Discount ! But I would happily accept same were it made availa ble to me. :)

Maybe you're too old to qualify for it?? HAHA! :eek:

All kidding aside....We haven't sailed on HAL yet, have no kids, and are too young to take advantage of any Senior Discounts, but the three examples I provided were witnessed on our past cruises with other lines.

We did, however, get extra sets of keys on our Celebrity cruise so our "inside cabin sailors" could have access to the balcony cabins in our party.

Sorry for the confusion!

Not sure if you're referring to something else in the thread, or just my last post?

I am just saying that people can like to drink quality over quantity, and if they try to do that the way the package is designed, isn't really great for them. I think you can only get drinks that are up to $9. If you only drink great scotch, top-shelf liquors or great wine, the package doesn't cover it. It doesn't let me buy wine by the bottle, or pay for my corkage fees. All that is out-of-pocket. If you want to slam back 10 middle-of-the-road selections or highballs, this could be an awesome deal! But for me, it can be hard to make the 'numbers' work if you don't really 'booze it up' and hold your liquor like the boys.

No reference to your post. My relatively small brain could not comprehend what the OP is trying to accomplish. Thanks to some of the posts here, now I do, so my brain and I can once again sleep tonite :cool:

The bigger downside to me would be the confusion in keeping track of other stateroom charges and the final bill. The additional cruise days (for each $300 spent) would also not necessarily be split equitably. Too much to think about, IMO. [emoji848]Gives me a headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can have separate accounts. No problem.

If you book on certain on line websites, certainly they ask if you are a senior in case you qualify for discounts.

HAL does not have senior discounts nor military obc.

GOOD LUCK!

What senior discount?? Never heard of it.

If you book on certain on line websites, certainly they ask if you are a senior in case you qualify for discounts.

HAL does not have senior discounts nor military obc.

Thank You!

Our first cruise on HAL is coming up shortly.

On every other line we’ve sailed I’ve noticed the Senior pricing promotions on selected cruises.

What senior discount?? Never heard of it.

Apparently HAL does not offer the option, as other lines we’ve sailed with did.

During the booking process, other companies will ask for age and State of residence, as there may be discounts/promotions for Seniors or people from certain States.

Ask your Travel Agent about them!

I wouldn’t do it because you haven’t thought out the issue if one couple/person had to cancel for a medical or other emergency.

If you are going to do this consider HAL’s premium travel protection so you can all cancel for any reason and only lose 5-10% of your cruise fare plus the premium if someone needs to cancel last minute.

It’s too bad HAL doesn’t treat everyone like adults. Even on Celebrity one person in a cabin can purchase a drinks / alcohol package.

I wouldn’t do it because you haven’t thought out the issue if one couple/person had to cancel for a medical or other emergency.

If you are going to do this consider HAL’s premium travel protection so you can all cancel for any reason and only lose 5-10% of your cruise fare plus the premium if someone needs to cancel last minute.

It’s too bad HAL doesn’t treat everyone like adults. Even on Celebrity one person in a cabin can purchase a drinks / alcohol package.

Jade, this is very good advice!

I am a senior and I cannot for the life of me find a reason why we should get a "senior discount" What makes eligible for that kind of a discount, that younger passengers should not get?? WHY??? We probably have more money than most of the younger passengers have if we can afford cruising.

I am a senior and I cannot for the life of me find a reason why we should get a "senior discount" What makes eligible for that kind of a discount, that younger passengers should not get?? WHY??? We probably have more money than most of the younger passengers have if we can afford cruising.

Senior discounts started in the 1930s when most seniors had very little income and assets. Now it is primarily a marketing strategy to go after those with the most disposable income.