So let me get this straight (Another CHEERS! question)

17andacruiseaddict

I think the problem that a lot of people have (the ones who are bothered by repeat questions), is that they are just truly upset and irritated by the fact that others, like myself, don't live on these message boards like they do. Also, they really love to try to "teach lessons" to others and try to belittle them for their own personal satisfaction. I'm wondering if it gives them a nice little buzz. Like the satisfaction you feel after woking out, do they just feel like a better person for it? I work with children, and it honestly seems like the same bullying mentality I see in some of them.

Working with children, I teach them to think critically and problem solve. My solution to the people who grind their teeth and shake their fist at the thought of answering repeat questions would be to just, skip them. Don't want to answer, move on. I feel like it would work well for your blood pressure since replying to these seems to raise it.

In the words of a 90s kid, "take a chill pill". lol

If Carnival did away with Cheers this forum would die because that's all anybody ever posts on here it seems like. Endless posts about Cheers just asking questions that are answered on Carnival's own pages, and in threads here several times a day, every day of the year.

Mods should clean them up - they add nothing to the forum. If someone posts a Cheers question, send them a link to Carnival's cheers page and close the thread. It's tiring and makes me not come to this forum very often.

Just my opinion on the issue.

Interesting opinion and idea for a solution you have there. You should propose is to them. Worth a shot.

So we trundle along, help the newbies as best we can. Sometimes it comes off a bit gruff a la StolidCruiser's post, which provided some useful info in a mildly sarcastic and dry manner that obviously the OP didn't appreciate. (Really just pointing out that if you have what sees like an obvious previously-asked question, why not do a quick search.)

What do you mean I didn't appreciate StolidCruiser's post? I said thanks...lol

I think the problem that a lot of people have (the ones who are bothered by repeat questions), is that they are just truly upset and irritated by the fact that others, like myself, don't live on these message boards like they do. Also, they really love to try to "teach lessons" to others and try to belittle them for their own personal satisfaction. I'm wondering if it gives them a nice little buzz. Like the satisfaction you feel after woking out, do they just feel like a better person for it? I work with children, and it honestly seems like the same bullying mentality I see in some of them.

Working with children, I teach them to think critically and problem solve. My solution to the people who grind their teeth and shake their fist at the thought of answering repeat questions would be to just, skip them. Don't want to answer, move on. I feel like it would work well for your blood pressure since replying to these seems to raise it.

In the words of a 90s kid, "take a chill pill". lol

I did not make it personal, in fact I tried very hard to not make it sound like I was attacking you - but the tone of your reply makes it sound like you took it as an attack. I apologize if it sounded like I was trying to attack or belittle you personally.

I am simply saying that the Cheers threads clog up the forum, and a better solution for threads like this would be to direct askers to Carnival's pages. Not just Cheers - but smoking/vaping, if their cabin includes a blow dryer, etc., are questions that are probably better answered by Carnival directly and have very little discussion value. These threads quickly turn into pages of people saying over and over "no water is unlimited with cheers" or "if you drink more than X drinks a day buy cheers" "there are no exceptions to the everyone must buy rule, even if your cabin mate is mormon" ad nauseum. You will always get the best information straight from the horse's mouth.

So this is my first time ordering CHEERS! It will also be my Honeymoon cruise, so we thought we'd go all out, which is why we got it. I've always been against it, thinking it wasn't worth it. Finally priced it, added in the fact that I can have bottled water, specialty coffees, Powerades, etc. and decided, this was a really great option for us.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I just want to clarify (and forgive me if it has, because I know how some people get on here if they have personally seen a question more than once..lol *insert eye roll here*)...

When it comes to the 15 drink a day minimum, that's only for the alcoholic beverages right? I can have as many coffees, pops, virgin pina coladas, and bottled waters as I want each day right?

If this is true, I just grew to love the CHEERS! package even more!

Hi hon . . .

Just an fyi, if want to order Powerades, Vitamin waters, Honesty Teas and Pellagrino (sp?) with your specialty coffee, they will actually make you wait five minutes to receive it. No wait for the bottled water when ordered with coffee.

Justin had me drinking Grey Goose XOXO at $18.95 a shot (loved it with lime) and there is a cognac in the Steakhouse that is about $25.00-$30.00 a glass (1/2 glass). I hear it was very smooth and I believe it was a Hennesey James, but I could be wrong. Make sure you try the Alchemy Bar! I couldn't tell you the name of the drinks they "invented" for me, but they were very good. One drink had blueberries . . .

Should you order a shot in the dining room with the Carnival Shot glass, they will charge you for the glass ($5.00), not the shot.

Hope these tips help!

I very excited for you. You're going to love the Vista! :cool:

Edited by Hawaii697

Don't forget to grab water, vitamin water, powerade...whatever you want to take on excursions. As previously said you have to wait 5mins between drinks so just whenever you're heading back to the room stop by a bar, grab a drink and put it in the fridge in your room.

It would be better for sea days, and for couples who both drink. In our case, only I am a drinker, and my better half could not possibly consume enough non alcoholic drinks over the course of a day to break even.

With a port-intensive itinerary, you really only have the time after you return from the excursion until bedtime to drink alcohol, and for us, that's like 4 hours or so ;)

I sure wish they had a package without the alcohol like Royal does. Maybe sometime they will, as I only have maybe 1 or 2 alcoholic beverages a cruise. I do appreciate the cheap bcases of water in advance though.

OMG, this is a great way to get the most bang for your buck. I plan on trying every specialty coffee, smoothie, and milkshake. I love that idea of going to the steakhouse bar as their wine selections are far greater. Extra shots for your drinks, love! And the idea of ordering a bottle of water when you order dessert at dinner, genius! It cuts down on wait time elsewhere too.

I am now 10x more excited to cruise now (as if being another cruise or it being my honeymoon wasn't exciting enough lol).

Thank you all!

Glad you liked it! Great tips I discovered here. i keep a file and save the best ones. And really what better tips can there be? ;)LOL

If Carnival did away with Cheers this forum would die because that's all anybody ever posts on here it seems like. Endless posts about Cheers just asking questions that are answered on Carnival's own pages, and in threads here several times a day, every day of the year.

Mods should clean them up - they add nothing to the forum. If someone posts a Cheers question, send them a link to Carnival's cheers page and close the thread. It's tiring and makes me not come to this forum very often.

Just my opinion on the issue.

Then we would not have had the pleasure of reading this wonderful post of yours!!!:')

Hi hon . . .

Just an fyi, if want to order Powerades, Vitamin waters, Honesty Teas and Pellagrino (sp?) with your specialty coffee, they will actually make you wait five minutes to receive it. No wait for the bottled water when ordered with coffee.

Justin had me drinking Grey Goose XOXO at $18.95 a shot (loved it with lime) and there is a cognac in the Steakhouse that is about $25.00-$30.00 a glass (1/2 glass). I hear it was very smooth and I believe it was a Hennesey James, but I could be wrong. Make sure you try the Alchemy Bar! I couldn't tell you the name of the drinks they "invented" for me, but they were very good. One drink had blueberries . . .

Should you order a shot in the dining room with the Carnival Shot glass, they will charge you for the glass ($5.00), not the shot.

Hope these tips help!

I very excited for you. You're going to love the Vista! :cool:

That sounds like the Justin I remember lol. And Alchemy is my favorite! I can't wait to introduce Christian to it. Thank you!! 5 months to go!

Don't forget to grab water, vitamin water, powerade...whatever you want to take on excursions. As previously said you have to wait 5mins between drinks so just whenever you're heading back to the room stop by a bar, grab a drink and put it in the fridge in your room.

Great idea. I planned on stocking up on waters and powerades for hangover purposes, but the idea of getting them for excursions works too lol

I sure wish they had a package without the alcohol like Royal does. Maybe sometime they will, as I only have maybe 1 or 2 alcoholic beverages a cruise. I do appreciate the cheap bcases of water in advance though.

That would be smart. I'm sure something like that could already be in the works if other cruise lines are doing it. Other cruise lines started adding the alcohol packages and Carnival followed along. Only a matter of time hopefully. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

It would be better for sea days, and for couples who both drink. In our case, only I am a drinker, and my better half could not possibly consume enough non alcoholic drinks over the course of a day to break even.

With a port-intensive itinerary, you really only have the time after you return from the excursion until bedtime to drink alcohol, and for us, that's like 4 hours or so ;)

I honestly felt that way about the whole "port intensive itinerary" thing. If I'm going to be getting off the ship a lot, how will I take advantage of Cheers? But when my fiancé (ooo saying that is still new to me lol), voiced that he didn't care much about getting off the ship on port days and actually liked "having the ship to ourselves", that made the decision easy for me. Especially when I originally thought the Cheers package was only for alcoholic drinks and only 15 of them a day. So I definitely see your point. If it's not for you, more money in your pockets. But now I feel the need to barely eat anything and drink my money's worth in beverages lol

It does depend on your port day. We like to get off the ship early before it gets nuts, hit the beach/snorkel wherever, maybe see a few shops and head back onto the ship for a late lunch early afternoon so it doesn't make much of a difference for us.

I hate being "captive" on some of these tours. But to each their own. Side story: I remember in Tortola last year I made the mistake, along with the two other families in our big passenger van, to agree to pay the van driver for round trip travel in advance. We wanted to go back two hours before the time everyone else had agreed upon and I had to argue with this guy to take us back at that time, despite telling him I would pay him twice for the second half of the trip to make it worth his time (vs just sitting around on the beach).

It does depend on your port day. We like to get off the ship early before it gets nuts, hit the beach/snorkel wherever, maybe see a few shops and head back onto the ship for a late lunch early afternoon so it doesn't make much of a difference for us.

I hate being "captive" on some of these tours. But to each their own. Side story: I remember in Tortola last year I made the mistake, along with the two other families in our big passenger van, to agree to pay the van driver for round trip travel in advance. We wanted to go back two hours before the time everyone else had agreed upon and I had to argue with this guy to take us back at that time, despite telling him I would pay him twice for the second half of the trip to make it worth his time (vs just sitting around on the beach).

Yeah, I never really cared for big excursions. Not my thing personally. But I would randomly do a beach one.

For your Side story- That guy (driver) knew what he agreed to at the beginning. You shouldn't have had to go through all that with him. But hey, you live and you learn right?

Is Cheers still "active" on debarkation day? Can I use it for a fou fou coffee or a "need to go back to reality cocktail" before I get off the ship?

Technically...New day starts at 6am.... So Cheers would be over. I'm not even sure if specialty coffee shop is open on Debarkation day

Technically...New day starts at 6am.... So Cheers would be over. I'm not even sure if specialty coffee shop is open on Debarkation day

I was kind of hoping that it would still be active on debarkation day to make up for the 6 a.m. to boarding time on embarkation day that we pay for but can use. Anyone know for sure?

Is Cheers still "active" on debarkation day? Can I use it for a fou fou coffee or a "need to go back to reality cocktail" before I get off the ship?

That was a good question. I wish it were though. Going to have to go to Starbucks or a bar in the airport. Come to think of it, this is really sad. That's a definite way to slap us back to reality. No more using our sail and sign card :(