Is this flight price right?

I was looking at fall of 2019, in particular Rhapsody 14 night Barcelona to Tampa. A nice balcony cabin priced out at $2600 for the two of us, not bad for 14 nights. But I figured air fare would make it less desirable. So I logged into one of my current cruises and did a mock booking for one way Seattle to Barcelona with Air2Sea. For the date I put in Thursday November 8th of this year just to get an idea of pricing. I got this. Really? A flight Seattle to Barcelona through Amsterdam only $247? :eek: I need to travel to Europe more often.

38752617570_c0e20765a9_o.jpg

Thanks Bob, nice to know. That Rhapsody cruise is starting to look better.

With all the surprise changes to deployments, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't change that Rhapsody TA.

Problem is when you go to book it then it will do a "pop up? that says that fare is no longer available or it's a 36 hours travel time. Try doing a mock on some of the 3rd party sites and see what comes up. That seems very low for a OW. I have been tracking Fall 2018 SFO to MUC at $1500 OW. Granted that's business class on Turkish Air. All the other majors have been $2200 or more.

We've used Choice Air and Air 2Sea several times for one way flights to Europe. I've not seen one under $300, but would jump on it if I did! Actually, I look at all flights and determine which times work better for me. Once, it was Rome to Amsterdam,with 22 hour layover, then next day to USA. I chose that one to add another vacation day and visit cruise friends in Amsterdam. We reserved a hotel close to Amsterdam airport, and enjoyed a day/night in Amsterdam with our friends.:D

Agree with Bob, most have been in the $350- $400 range.

Problem is when you go to book it then it will do a "pop up? that says that fare is no longer available or it's a 36 hours travel time. Try doing a mock on some of the 3rd party sites and see what comes up. That seems very low for a OW. I have been tracking Fall 2018 SFO to MUC at $1500 OW. Granted that's business class on Turkish Air. All the other majors have been $2200 or more.

Air 2 Sea(with Royal Caribbean) deals are booked with Transatlantic cruises, after you obtain a cruise booking. You can do a free search only before cruise is booked. Each cruise line has their own flight section.

Been looking at a one-way JFK-Amsterdam for our Sept cruise. Business class is about $1100, on a non-stop Delta flight. On Delta's site, it is $7000 pp. Economy is around $400 or so.

mac_tlc

Problem is when you go to book it then it will do a "pop up? that says that fare is no longer available or it's a 36 hours travel time. ,,, .

I also have trouble with the site from time to time. Sometimes I just look up the flight I want and then call to book it.

Airfares vary wildly and they really make no sense. A few years a go I couldn’t find flights for less than 1500 bucks round trip. Last year I could of gotten round trip for 700 bucks. Just book your cruise with a refundable rate if you can and then cancel if you can’t get reasonable airfare. I’ve never seen a airfare cheaper on Air2sea, that I couldn’t find elsewhere, but other people say they have.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ve never seen a airfare cheaper on Air2sea, that I couldn’t find elsewhere, but other people say they have.

One way overseas flights is where Air2Sea is the most cost effective - unlikely you'll find those cheaper elsewhere.

Since most airlines only do bookings up to 330 days out if you can lock in a maximum price for fall 2019 now it might be wise to do so. If costs go down you can change a flex fare.

The really incredible part is that KLM gets less than $30 for that flight - almost $220 of the fare is taxes.

And everyone wonders why they're not getting the same level of quality that they got in 1970 when it was 5x more for airfare...

And, of course, if something goes wrong, the person is going to wonder why they're at the absolute rock bottom of the re-accommodation list for KLM.

Our TA dropped booking airlines 10-15 years ago as with the the profit margin there was no money in it. I have always done better for AF booking on my own. Of course I usually try to use points to upgrade which can be problematic when using a 3rd party. However, I can't recall the last time I looked for a O/W fare of any length.