Does CHEERS include top shelf liquor for drinks and shots?

LongHill44

Silver Petron Tequila, but I think there are many more costly. Can you drink $52/day including powerades, bottled waters, and specialty coffees? We did!!

The wife and I figured we could push that much in liquor if we wanted to relive our 20's and be stupid, so only I would have a chance to come close to the 15 drinks on a good night.

However, we love bottled water, I love PowerAde and my wife loves the specialty coffee and espresso and so on. Add in getting some bottled water, milkshakes and PowerAde for the kids here and there and we think the non-alcoholic drinks seals the deal for us. Just was hoping they used decent liquor with our drinks.

Read below...I think you can find your favorite liquor within this price range....LOL Enjoy!!

All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and wine (and Champagne) by the glass, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving

The pre-mixed drinks (pina coladas, Miami Vices, Bahama Mamas, etc) generally use the cheaper liquor -- and not enough in my opinion. However, you can order shots of whatever they have behind the bar. Nothing is going to come close to the $50/drink limit. They will usually have Belvedere and Grey Goose vodka and Patron tequila. I read somewhere there is a $25 shot of Pyrat Cask 1623 rum (or something like that) at either Red Frog or Blue Iguana. You can find decent bourbons and the Aberfeldy 18 scotch is rather good. Remember you can go to the Steakhouse bar even if you aren't eating there, it is never crowded, and they have some nice® champagnes and wines.

On my last cruise in November, I never found anything over the $50 limit, and I managed to hit my 15 drink limit only twice. Usually the bartenders will warn you when you are getting close to 15. You can stop using Cheers and pay for your drinks if you think you need more than 15, but once that 15th drink is entered into the Cheers system you are cut off until 6am.

They really don’t have speed rack liquor. It’s all top liquor, some more top then others. Some people like certain brands of liquor that might not be the best but this is what they like

I ask for all my cocktails to be made with Grey Goose.

One thing that irks me (mostly when I'm not on Cheers, because the drinks are expensive) is when the bartenders make the fancy cocktails. They take the mix and put it in the blender or shaker, then add the booze, mix it up and pour it in your glass. They always make almost double what can fit in the glass which means every time you only get about 1/2 a shot. I can never understand why they do this. On one cruise I asked for the rest of the drink and they refused and said they aren't allowed. There were a few other people at the bar and they said they started ordering their drinks virgin and get the shot on the side and mixed it in themselves so that they can have their whole shot.

I heard one person ask the bartender about it on my last cruise and he was very rude to her and just said "this is how it's done, order something else if you don't like it" or something along those lines.

The wife and I figured we could push that much in liquor if we wanted to relive our 20's and be stupid, so only I would have a chance to come close to the 15 drinks on a good night.

However, we love bottled water, I love PowerAde and my wife loves the specialty coffee and espresso and so on. Add in getting some bottled water, milkshakes and PowerAde for the kids here and there and we think the non-alcoholic drinks seals the deal for us. Just was hoping they used decent liquor with our drinks.

Take the "15 drinks" out of the equation. Put in $$$$ amount on what you think you can drink in.

Having 3-4 Top shelf drinks gets you very close to making the package " worth" it. Not to mention the non-alcoholic drinks.

Way too many people get hung up on not being able to drink 15.

Silver Petron Tequila, but I think there are many more costly. Can you drink $52/day including powerades, bottled waters, and specialty coffees? We did!!
Just off a cruise and we didn't even come close. In 18 cruises I can't think of time we spent that much per day, every day. We enjoy a drink including visits to the martini bar so not prudes.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

They really don’t have speed rack liquor. It’s all top liquor, some more top then others. Some people like certain brands of liquor that might not be the best but this is what they like

yes, they do have a speed rack loaded with rot gut, many people do not ask for an upgrade. Some of their foo-foo drinks you could not tell the difference

yes, they do have a speed rack loaded with rot gut, many people do not ask for an upgrade. Some of their foo-foo drinks you could not tell the difference
The only bar that has the best speed rail is the Alchemy bar. They have top shelf stuff there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I was told by a bartender on the Vista that if I order Grey Goose in my Bloody Mary I would get one shot and a regular bloody mary would have 2 shots. Not sure if this is true everywhere. One shot was fine with me since it is way before noon when I drink them on my cruises!!!

I ask for all my cocktails to be made with Grey Goose.

One thing that irks me (mostly when I'm not on Cheers, because the drinks are expensive) is when the bartenders make the fancy cocktails. They take the mix and put it in the blender or shaker, then add the booze, mix it up and pour it in your glass. They always make almost double what can fit in the glass which means every time you only get about 1/2 a shot. I can never understand why they do this. On one cruise I asked for the rest of the drink and they refused and said they aren't allowed. There were a few other people at the bar and they said they started ordering their drinks virgin and get the shot on the side and mixed it in themselves so that they can have their whole shot.

I heard one person ask the bartender about it on my last cruise and he was very rude to her and just said "this is how it's done, order something else if you don't like it" or something along those lines.

This is why I mainly drink beer during the day and then once the Alchemy Bar opens up, I have the mixologists there construct some good cocktails using fresh ingredients and their knowledge of how to make a drink. Don't waste your time with bartenders poolside using mixes, blenders and you not getting your value drink wise.