Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One (two threads comb.)

cltnccruisers

and all of my past cruise information is gone! It is unbelievable that a Fortune 500 company could be this bad at websites.

All my past cruise info was there. One thing I did do was reboot my laptop earlier today - that sometimes affects behavior.

Also, there has to be some database sync involved here so it may be a timing thing.

I just tried and can't log in to RCCL with my current password - UGH!

Me either. I log in with my current credentials, then I get an additional page asking for all of this other info, and then it just hangs.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

All my past cruise info was there. One thing I did do was reboot my laptop earlier today - that sometimes affects behavior.

Also, there has to be some database sync involved here so it may be a timing thing.

Right on timing. My past RCL cruises show up. Nothing about Celebrity cruises.

Does the old Celebrity web site and login still work? I hope so !!! Dont really care about my RCI history. Only a handful of sailings. Dont really think there is a benefit to the customer combining the web sites!!!

I can check in for my June cruise tomorrow. I think I will since who knows if I'll have a problem later. My Celebrity history is there now. I'm printing out my history on both tomorrow too. I talked to Flights a couple weeks back. I told the agent site issues I had had. She was going to pass them up the line. My flight times showed up wrong on Celebrity. Delta was good. Flights got it fixed.

Combining is a major undertaking. Sounds like it was not thought out the best.

Just had a look at my Royal Caribbean account. It works, almost. Should say seems ok and has our C&A points.

Managed to get it working on my iPad with Chrome, but had to orientate the device in landscape mode, otherwise half the screen was obscured by a solid dark box. Which happens to be the same problem I get with Celebrity on my iPad and PC.

Time will tell if it’s an improvement.

I can check in for my June cruise tomorrow. I think I will since who knows if I'll have a problem later. My Celebrity history is there now. I'm printing out my history on both tomorrow too. I talked to Flights a couple weeks back. I told the agent site issues I had had. She was going to pass them up the line. My flight times showed up wrong on Celebrity. Delta was good. Flights got it fixed.

Combining is a major undertaking. Sounds like it was not thought out the best.

Given the internal hiring going on I believe the entire process will be reworked - see the link in Bo's post #12. These are very significant jobs and leads me to believe that RCCL has never had a real internal IT department. It'll take time. In fact, I wouldn't expect anything too substantial much before the end of 2018. I would expect to see some bug fixes while the new staff finds their sea legs.

Just had a look at my Royal Caribbean account. It works, almost. Should say seems ok and has our C&A points.

Managed to get it working on my iPad with Chrome, but had to orientate the device in landscape mode, otherwise half the screen was obscured by a solid dark box. Which happens to be the same problem I get with Celebrity on my iPad and PC.

Time will tell if it’s an improvement.

It's pretty apparent that both sites were "developed" and "maintained" by the same folks. They certainly share some of the same problems.

No problems here. I logged into RCCL and entered my X Captains Club number. Called 800 to make sure all was good and agent explained points were not transferable but status was.

You won't get points on one and move up to the next tier on the other. However status is transferred from one line to another. Ie: Select on X = Platinum on RCCL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

RCCL has now done what Celebrity did and wrecked their webpage and made it a less user friendly!

Both sites are"supported" by the same contractors. It looks like RCCL is only now looking to hire in-house staff. It'll take time but I'm optimistic that this is a good move.

Currently trying to log into RCCL's site since that is where our next cruise is. Got the blue we need more info page, filled it out and now it is just hanging. Blue "progress" bar is about 90% complete....this is pretty annoying but at least I did the online check in for all of us two weeks ago when it first opened. Now I just have to hope it is all still there.

Today was check in for my june cruise. No problems doing that but my list of cruises is gone. Points total is right on Celebrity. I decided to check RCCL. I had to log in to a different page. had to input information first. The point total sounds wrong so I have to check that. I got both C & A and Captain's numbers inputted. After an email to check back my last 3 rccl cruises showed up. First one from long ago did not. Probably where my lost points went. Not the problems some of you have had so maybe some issues are getting fixed. It would have been nice to get a notice this was happening. I would have had a chance to print out my cruise list on both. Just springing it on us without notice is not good customer relations.

I'm wondering if all their tinkering with the websites to the new and updated websites is why the link to get a Meet and mingle party set up is not working.

Wake up RCCL and Celebrity! You could have done this change so much better.

Today was check in for my june cruise. No problems doing that but my list of cruises is gone. Points total is right on Celebrity. I decided to check RCCL. I had to log in to a different page. had to input information first. The point total sounds wrong so I have to check that. I got both C & A and Captain's numbers inputted. After an email to check back my last 3 rccl cruises showed up. First one from long ago did not. Probably where my lost points went. Not the problems some of you have had so maybe some issues are getting fixed. It would have been nice to get a notice this was happening. I would have had a chance to print out my cruise list on both. Just springing it on us without notice is not good customer relations.

I'm wondering if all their tinkering with the websites to the new and updated websites is why the link to get a Meet and mingle party set up is not working.

Wake up RCCL and Celebrity! You could have done this change so much better.

Could we see a Summit of the Seas soon.:confused:

I have tried to get in to the RCI site for two days and get "try again later" every time. My luggage tags should be ready by now and I would like to print them. Should I call or keep trying?

Have you tried using a Private/Incognito browser window?

lol!

Much worse!!!! I'm leaving on X next Saturday and printed my dox and luggage tags last night....Thank God because today they're all gone!!! Well not gone really just unavailable to me. I went to RCI and redid all of my info, including changing my password and everything else they asked and when I was done I had a nice blue square telling me that I am booked on Allure in July, 2019 but I cannot access that and my past RCI cruise is not listed. The only good news is that apparently X has not completely demolished it's current site because I was later able to bring up my cruise next week but without any information. Like I posted earlier.....this was a bad idea on more levels than I can count!!!!

Is this like merging a cold with a sore back?

Much worse!!!! I'm leaving on X next Saturday and printed my dox and luggage tags last night....Thank God because today they're all gone!!! Well not gone really just unavailable to me. I went to RCI and redid all of my info, including changing my password and everything else they asked and when I was done I had a nice blue square telling me that I am booked on Allure in July, 2019 but I cannot access that and my past RCI cruise is not listed. The only good news is that apparently X has not completely demolished it's current site because I was later able to bring up my cruise next week but without any information. Like I posted earlier.....this was a bad idea on more levels than I can count!!!!

Is there a reason I can no longer log into the Royal Caribbean site? When I try, it’s says , unable to complete request, try again later and I’ve been trying for 3 days

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From Crown & Anchor Society Customer Support

Thank you for your e-mail.

We want to first take this opportunity to thank you for yourloyalty and patronage as a Crown & Anchor Society member. As a company,Royal Caribbean International strives to provide the very best in products andservices to valued guests like you. This is the impetus for all that we do.Sometimes, despite our best efforts, our guests may inform us that they feel wedid not achieve our goal. We regret that you believe this to be true concerningour website.

We believe listening to our guests is the most effective wayto create the best possible rewards program, and your additional comments andsuggestions are genuinely appreciated. Please rest assured that your feedbackwill be brought to the attention of the proper operational teams for continuedinternal review.

Please accept our apologies for your difficulties withaccessing your account. We have recently made changes to how you access youronline accounts on our website. Please follow the prompts provided on thewebsite if you are in need of a password reset. For any additional questions,please contact our Loyalty Department directly by dialing 1-800-526-9723.Representatives are available from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm Eastern Standard TimeMonday through Friday, or 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time Saturday andSunday.

we look forward to welcoming you, our valued DiamondCrown & Anchor Society member, onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Austin Casler

Crown & Anchor Society Customer Support