JH and "VIP's" on the first three Horizon sailings

MaiTaiMary

I think it is great he will be sailing on Horizon with me in April. His online presence is one of a witty, caring, intelligent man. I hope we can meet and trade a couple of guest service stories. Perhaps he will lead a "Behind the Fun" tour. That would be a great afternoon.

I think it is great he will be sailing on Horizon with me in April. His online presence is one of a witty, caring, intelligent man. I hope we can meet and trade a couple of guest service stories. Perhaps he will lead a "Behind the Fun" tour. That would be a great afternoon.

He is despite what the bashers say......great question for you, why do they do that?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think they write uncomplimentary epistles because they need a little education. I start each day thinking people are basically good, and will be polite if they know that is expected of them. It is actually easier to point children in the right direction, adults need to be convinced that good behavior will be beneficial to them.

I think they write uncomplimentary epistles because they need a little education. I start each day thinking people are basically good, and will be polite if they know that is expected of them. It is actually easier to point children in the right direction, adults need to be convinced that good behavior will be beneficial to them.

Like the way you think

BTW would never book cruise just to see John. He is a very nice and interesting person and his schedule has a habit of changing frequently.

He was on our last journey cruise and due to a commitment had to leave about halfway thru the cruise. Not his fault at all and if it was me would have left also but stuff with his schedule changes regularly.

BTW would never book cruise just to see John. He is a very nice and interesting person and his schedule has a habit of changing frequently.

He was on our last journey cruise and due to a commitment had to leave about halfway thru the cruise. Not his fault at all and if it was me would have left also but stuff with his schedule changes regularly.

His Aunt dying had a big impact on him, surprised he didn’t cancel that cruise.

OMG OMG OMG It's John Head.. WOW. On my cruise said no-one..

Actually, he's hysterically funny when he acts as a cruise director. A lot of people who have traveled with him would know this. I don't follow his Facebook much, but on a ship, he is very funny.

I will never understand all the JH hate. He's funny and personable. Most of the hate I see comes from older cruisers from the Baby Boomer/Vietnam generation. As a very late Gen-X'er/Oregon Trailer, I don't relate to that kind of hateful negativity, thankfully.

The problem as I see it he is told by his bosses certain things will happen at a certain time and all too often either they are delayed or major changes will happen such as fiasco with last changes to loyalty program.

Than JH is typically thrown under the bus by his bosses and he takes the blame for all that happens.

Yep, I can vouch for this. Many booked the Carnival Magic Transatlantic simply because John Heald was supposed to be onboard for the 16 days. His schedule was changed and a large portion of the passengers onboard were furious with Carnival and John Heald for him being pulled from the crossing and replaced with James Charlton.

When our ship had a maintenance issue with one of the side thrusters and the scheduled port of Grand Turk was replaced with an overnight in Freeport, the compensation issued was an extra night with lobster in the MDR delivered from another ship and John Heald being flown to Freeport to join the ship for a day and a half. He hosted a production show and held what resembled a character meet and greet at Disney. The line to meet JH extended down the entire promenade deck.

I will never understand all the JH hate. He's funny and personable. Most of the hate I see comes from older cruisers from the Baby Boomer/Vietnam generation. As a very late Gen-X'er/Oregon Trailer, I don't relate to that kind of hateful negativity, thankfully.

Old millennial here and I think he's kind of annoying though I don't normally voice it. I definitely don't understand the hype/love. I don't think Shaq is funny/entertaining at all and I voice that opinion frequently. Examples of people that I find funny: Dave Chappelle, George Carlin and Charles Barkley.

Actually, he's hysterically funny when he acts as a cruise director. A lot of people who have traveled with him would know this. I don't follow his Facebook much, but on a ship, he is very funny.

Agree with this. I sailed a Journeys cruise with him and he was hilarious 'opening' for some of the shows in the theater and when he hosted the Love & Marriage show. But on FB, not so much. He kinda grosses me out. ;p

Old millennial here and I think he's kind of annoying though I don't normally voice it. I definitely don't understand the hype/love. I don't think Shaq is funny/entertaining at all and I voice that opinion frequently. Examples of people that I find funny: Dave Chappelle, George Carlin and Charles Barkley.

If you see George Carlin on a cruise you are in deep doo doo my friend.

If you see George Carlin on a cruise you are in deep doo doo my friend.

:')Genius gone too soon unfortunately!

FWIW. While I STILL don’t think Shaq is funny, was impressed with his statements yesterday re: school safety. He’s a lot smarter than I gave him credit for, hating the endorsement deal a little less now, a little! :cool:

:')Genius gone too soon unfortunately!

FWIW. While I STILL don’t think Shaq is funny, was impressed with his statements yesterday re: school safety. He’s a lot smarter than I gave him credit for, hating the endorsement deal a little less now, a little! :cool:

Carlin was a super funny guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums