MaiTaiMary

JH and "VIP's" on the first three Horizon sailings

John Head announced this morning that he will be on the first three Horizon sailings. He also mentioned there will be "VIP's", too. Any idea what kind of VIPs he's referring to? Just people important to Carnival, do you think or anybody the guests would recognize?

It's usually Carnival Executives, like Christine Duffy, or sometimes Micky Arison, Arnold Donald and executives from the other brands.

John Head announced this morning that he will be on the first three Horizon sailings.

Well, they do have a Heald for business. :)

I’m so excited about this. We are on the third sailing. A few weeks ago he mentioned, when asked, that he would be on the first two for sure, but would try to be on as many as possible. I’m so glad that it’s now the first three. I really want to meet him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm amazed by so much nastiness out here. I thought cruisers were supposed to be fun loving people.

I'm a fan of his too. I would love to meet him@

He's funny and he has an amazing job. Some of you with attitudes should just try to do his job just for a few days even..... might give you some clearly much needed perspective!

I’m so excited about this. We are on the third sailing. A few weeks ago he mentioned, when asked, that he would be on the first two for sure, but would try to be on as many as possible. I’m so glad that it’s now the first three. I really want to meet him.

He was on our Vista cruise and I actually rarely saw him. He'd take videos in the morning on Lido deck, then pretty much disappeared. There were events in the theater with him and I thought he was very funny and wouldn't mind sailing with him again. I imagine at his age each year he asks himself if this will be the last before retirement.

He was on our Vista cruise and I actually rarely saw him. He'd take videos in the morning on Lido deck, then pretty much disappeared. There were events in the theater with him and I thought he was very funny and wouldn't mind sailing with him again. I imagine at his age each year he asks himself if this will be the last before retirement.

He was on our Alaska Journey cruise this past Sept. He was out and about in the morning filming a video and other than a show or two he hosted that was it for the day. I personally like the fellow but do not think we would book a cruise just to see him.

We've sailed with John a few times on various Carnival ships.

It is truly amazing what a memory the gentleman has, between our first and second cruise with him there was a space of a few years. When we crossed paths on the second cruise, he immediately recognized us and still remembered our first names.

A very pleasant man and a wonderful human being.

So Hello John from Fred & Sonia (from Malta) if you read this thread.

I imagine at his age each year he asks himself if this will be the last before retirement.

He has a young family and he's what, 52? I think he's on the hook for a decade or more myself ;)

I notice the comments about him disappearing - I imagine he's spending that time in conference calls and meeting with ship management. He also talks about how many hours he spends answering questions each day.

I work at a major hospital in the department that takes complaints. My job is training but I've covered for our staff who take complaints. Bless their souls - what a demanding and hard job. I can imagine it's the same for John.

Drat, I am on the 4th sailing! I am personally a fan of his and was looking forward to meeting him.

I'm on the Horizon TA and the first cruise to Bermuda after that on 5/24. We're being allowed to stay on board the night of 5/23, where we can attend the big hoopla gala with Queen Latifah who is the godmother. I'm half excited...because Carnival doesn't seem to know what they are doing yet (what else is new) so once I have firm details about attending I'll believe it.;p;p lol

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8440

We are on the second sailing and can't wait to see some of his shows! He is the only cruise director I can remember. He is so funny.

We are on the second sailing and can't wait to see some of his shows! He is the only cruise director I can remember. He is so funny.

I'm curious what his roll will be on these sailings. Mike Pack will be the CD. I'm looking forward to meeting John and Mike Pack is the best CD I've ever sailed with. :D

I'm curious what his roll will be on these sailings. Mike Pack will be the CD. I'm looking forward to meeting John and Mike Pack is the best CD I've ever sailed with. :D

Mike Pack is excellent. John will host love and marriage game and perhaps do a Q and A and that will be about it.

If you want to see John out and about be around about 7 am other than that probably will not see him.

I'm curious what his roll will be on these sailings.

John probably won't have a roll. He's on an Atkins type diet and can't have carbs.

I recently met him on the magic this year. yes, he was sending live facebook feed. Then had a nice conversation with him while in line for coffee. I asked what he was doing later in the day and he mentioned he was presenting reflief effort funds to some children in San Juan. Seems like a classy person that is the social face of carnival. FWIW

He was aboard my Splendor cruise two years ago. He's hilarious and treats all guests and crew like royalty. He attended the past guest party on my cruise. He spoke highly of every crew member at the party.

JH will be hiding out most of the cruise. You'll be lucky to see him.

Based on the reviews I've been reading on the Carnival Triumph, it's no wonder he's choosing the brand new ship, over ones that are falling apart.

I think it is great he will be sailing on Horizon with me in April. His online presence is one of a witty, caring, intelligent man. I hope we can meet and trade a couple of guest service stories. Perhaps he will lead a "Behind the Fun" tour. That would be a great afternoon.

I think it is great he will be sailing on Horizon with me in April. His online presence is one of a witty, caring, intelligent man. I hope we can meet and trade a couple of guest service stories. Perhaps he will lead a "Behind the Fun" tour. That would be a great afternoon.

He is despite what the bashers say......great question for you, why do they do that?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think they write uncomplimentary epistles because they need a little education. I start each day thinking people are basically good, and will be polite if they know that is expected of them. It is actually easier to point children in the right direction, adults need to be convinced that good behavior will be beneficial to them.

I think they write uncomplimentary epistles because they need a little education. I start each day thinking people are basically good, and will be polite if they know that is expected of them. It is actually easier to point children in the right direction, adults need to be convinced that good behavior will be beneficial to them.

Like the way you think

Sent from my iPad using Forums

BTW would never book cruise just to see John. He is a very nice and interesting person and his schedule has a habit of changing frequently.

He was on our last journey cruise and due to a commitment had to leave about halfway thru the cruise. Not his fault at all and if it was me would have left also but stuff with his schedule changes regularly.

BTW would never book cruise just to see John. He is a very nice and interesting person and his schedule has a habit of changing frequently.

He was on our last journey cruise and due to a commitment had to leave about halfway thru the cruise. Not his fault at all and if it was me would have left also but stuff with his schedule changes regularly.

His Aunt dying had a big impact on him, surprised he didn’t cancel that cruise.

His Aunt dying had a big impact on him, surprised he didn’t cancel that cruise.

Very true but didnt understand funeral a month later.

John probably won't have a roll. He's on an Atkins type diet and can't have carbs.

ROFL I was going to say something funny but can't top this. Is he really on a diet though?

Very true but didnt understand funeral a month later.

They do do things differently.

OMG OMG OMG It's John Head.. WOW. On my cruise said no-one..

Actually, he's hysterically funny when he acts as a cruise director. A lot of people who have traveled with him would know this. I don't follow his Facebook much, but on a ship, he is very funny.

I will never understand all the JH hate. He's funny and personable. Most of the hate I see comes from older cruisers from the Baby Boomer/Vietnam generation. As a very late Gen-X'er/Oregon Trailer, I don't relate to that kind of hateful negativity, thankfully.

I will never understand all the JH hate. He's funny and personable. Most of the hate I see comes from older cruisers from the Baby Boomer/Vietnam generation. As a very late Gen-X'er/Oregon Trailer, I don't relate to that kind of hateful negativity, thankfully.

The problem as I see it he is told by his bosses certain things will happen at a certain time and all too often either they are delayed or major changes will happen such as fiasco with last changes to loyalty program.

Than JH is typically thrown under the bus by his bosses and he takes the blame for all that happens.

Yep, I can vouch for this. Many booked the Carnival Magic Transatlantic simply because John Heald was supposed to be onboard for the 16 days. His schedule was changed and a large portion of the passengers onboard were furious with Carnival and John Heald for him being pulled from the crossing and replaced with James Charlton.

When our ship had a maintenance issue with one of the side thrusters and the scheduled port of Grand Turk was replaced with an overnight in Freeport, the compensation issued was an extra night with lobster in the MDR delivered from another ship and John Heald being flown to Freeport to join the ship for a day and a half. He hosted a production show and held what resembled a character meet and greet at Disney. The line to meet JH extended down the entire promenade deck.