The Many Choices of Edge Dining Venues: How Do We Choose?

vtcruising

vtcruising,

I just noticed you're on our Jan 20 sailing too!

I'm so excited, although don't think I'll be doing the shopping you have in mind!!!

Have a group of 24 ladies on this cruise so we'll be the partiers!!!!! :cool:

I will be doing both! Actually, I will probably be partying more than shopping for Edge trinkets. I will keep an eye out for your group - shouldn't be hard to miss. ;) What fun you will have!

I will be doing both! Actually, I will probably be partying more than shopping for Edge trinkets. I will keep an eye out for your group - shouldn't be hard to miss. ;) What fun you will have!

We'll have to meet on the Preview cruise...yes, our groups have been known to attract some attention! ;p

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is designing an Edge t-shirt (my DH just rolls his eyes). I was thinking of putting pictures of us waving from the Magic Carpet on the t-shirt, but doubt my DH would wear that - I am going with something more tasteful! I am saving some OBC to buy out the gift shop - Edge magnet, ornament, mug, hat, ship's model, etc......... ;)

I like your meal/beverage plan - hope they announce the gym plans soon. I am going to need it! :D

I was also thinking of asking our Jan roll call if they want to do tee shirts..I'm not too artistic but maybe someone would design something nice with date ship and ports ..I think we've ordered from Cafe Press for other trips...still wearing our Equinox shirts froa memorable cruise...had ibe from Solstice and an Amigos Mex Riviera shirt,

Most of my OBC goes to the spa, specialty dining out and maybe M Kors

OOPS... just .realized this was mostly a dining thread.,too lazy to move it!

I was also thinking of asking our Jan roll call if they want to do tee shirts..I'm not too artistic but maybe someone would design something nice with date ship and ports ..I think we've ordered from Cafe Press for other trips...still wearing our Equinox shirts froa memorable cruise...had ibe from Solstice and an Amigos Mex Riviera shirt,

Most of my OBC goes to the spa, specialty dining out and maybe M Kors

OOPS... just .realized this was mostly a dining thread.,too lazy to move it!

No worries - we Edgers and Edgettes seem forgiving of mixing topics on our threads. ;)

I was also going to use Café Press for our t-shirts and maybe hats. I don't know if I have enough talent to feel comfortable offering to make them for others on our cruise. Our roll call is small so far, but maybe someone else has some talent.

• 2 weeks later...
I found this Eden Facts document that goes into more detail about dinner at Eden than I've previously seen (but maybe I missed these details earlier). Should be an interesting experience! ;)

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/download-press-kit-item/11/

Super cool!!! Thanks for sharing!! I have it booked for the final night of my Feb cruise...if it goes until midnight I guess I'll definitely be carrying off my luggage. LOL.

Super cool!!! Thanks for sharing!! I have it booked for the final night of my Feb cruise...if it goes until midnight I guess I'll definitely be carrying off my luggage. LOL.

What a finish for your cruise! :D

"The Crescendo

As the clock ‘strikes midnight’ guests journey through a vibrant crescendo featuring a duet vocal performance, a full cast and Edenist dance performance, an acrobatic champagne-walk performance, with accompaniment by a didgeridoo and beatbox duo."

What a finish for your cruise! :D

"The Crescendo

As the clock ‘strikes midnight’ guests journey through a vibrant crescendo featuring a duet vocal performance, a full cast and Edenist dance performance, an acrobatic champagne-walk performance, with accompaniment by a didgeridoo and beatbox duo."

I'm so excited!!! I suspect it will definitely push me food-wise, but I'll be brave. LOL.

I'm so excited!!! I suspect it will definitely push me food-wise, but I'll be brave. LOL.

Same here. I found something that looked like I could eat for each course and the cocktails will lower my inhibitions for trying new things (looks like they ply us with signature cocktails before we are led to the tables). I am looking forward to the Orchid in Blossom for dessert. :D

Same here. I found something that looked like I could eat for each course and the cocktails will lower my inhibitions for trying new things (looks like they ply us with signature cocktails before we are led to the tables). I am looking forward to the Orchid in Blossom for dessert. :D

Yes! Based on the menu that we've seen, I picked out things that look gluten-free (and adventurous but not terrifying). Is that the mousse dessert? If so, I think that's the one I picked too.

Yes! Based on the menu that we've seen, I picked out things that look gluten-free (and adventurous but not terrifying). Is that the mousse dessert? If so, I think that's the one I picked too.

I think it is the dessert that pops open (like a blossom opening) when they pour chocolate sauce over it to reveal mousse (?).

It is at 0:42 in the video below:

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/video/78/celebrity-edge-culinary-reveal/

Okay, okay, okay.... back in the day I would have tried it all and then some, now a new time and different eating habits, looking for input here, what about those of us on a total plant based eating regimen?

Think Eden will have something for us or do I need to ask now so they know?

:cool:

I Am sure the show will be great....

Thank you, bon appetite and bon voyage!

Okay, okay, okay.... back in the day I would have tried it all and then some, now a new time and different eating habits, looking for input here, what about those of us on a total plant based eating regimen?

Good question, Bo. Looking at the two choices for each course, there are some things that look like they might work. The main courses are fish or beef, but I would hope they could make something vegetarian. Here's the link to the menu, in case you or others haven't seen it.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Eden-Placeholder-Menu.pdf

There is a snake who will offer you an apple ... ;)

I found this Eden Facts document that goes into more detail about dinner at Eden than I've previously seen (but maybe I missed these details earlier). Should be an interesting experience! ;)

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/download-press-kit-item/11/

Thanks for sharing the link. Very good an interesting info in it. I may be reading too much into it, but I noticed a reference to 270, which made me think of Quantum Class.

Main Course

"Aged prime beef, carrot emulsion, red wine, snail caviar"

Hmmm! I'm not sure about the snail caviar :) I may skip that one.

Thanks for sharing the link. Very good an interesting info in it. I may be reading too much into it, but I noticed a reference to 270, which made me think of Quantum Class.

Main Course

"Aged prime beef, carrot emulsion, red wine, snail caviar"

Hmmm! I'm not sure about the snail caviar :) I may skip that one.

I have never heard of snail caviar so looked it up. I found this description on Wikipedia:

"Snail caviar, also known as escargot caviar or escargot pearls[1][2], is a type of caviar that consists of fresh or processed eggs of land snails. In their natural state, the eggs are colourless.[3] After processing, the caviar may be cream-coloured, pinkish-white, or white, with the eggs generally 3–4 mm in diameter.[4] Some snail eggs may measure at 3–6 mm in diameter.[ The flavour of snail caviar has been described as being reminiscent of "baked asparagus", or "baked mushroom"[5] with a "subtle" flavour with "woody notes",[4] as having a "strong earthy" flavour, and as being crunchier than fish egg caviar.[6] It may be served as other caviars are, with toast points, sour cream and champagne."

Despite this tempting description, I think I will ask them to leave the snail caviar off my plate and give me a bite of Bo's apple instead. ;)

While some folks will be looking forward to Eden..we will pass. Some of the food is just too "out there"..spiny urchin, snails..nope!

We also have little to no interest in the Edenists ( replay of past interactive efforts) and will most likely be fast asleep at the peak of the big show...We rise early to take in the day's,tranquil moments, beautiful sunrise...early to the gym..

Hoping Eden space is nice for relaxing during the day!

While some folks will be looking forward to Eden..we will pass. Some of the food is just too "out there"..spiny urchin, snails..nope!

We also have little to no interest in the Edenists ( replay of past interactive efforts) and will most likely be fast asleep at the peak of the big show...We rise early to take in the day's,tranquil moments, beautiful sunrise...early to the gym..

Hoping Eden space is nice for relaxing during the day!

When I first looked at the menu, I also thought it looked out there, but then found things that looked good for each course. I don't think I'll fall asleep - I am more worried that I will giggle during the performances. :D It will likely be a one and done for us - we have a lot of non-refundable OBC so this will be on Celebrity's dime.

I too am hoping the space will be relaxing during the day, with lots of little nooks and crannies for reading - the views look beautiful. Except for our Eden dinner, we likely won't be there much in the evening, but who knows, maybe it will be a happening place.

I have never heard of snail caviar so looked it up. I found this description on Wikipedia:

"Snail caviar, also known as escargot caviar or escargot pearls[1][2], is a type of caviar that consists of fresh or processed eggs of land snails. In their natural state, the eggs are colourless.[3] After processing, the caviar may be cream-coloured, pinkish-white, or white, with the eggs generally 3–4 mm in diameter.[4] Some snail eggs may measure at 3–6 mm in diameter.[ The flavour of snail caviar has been described as being reminiscent of "baked asparagus", or "baked mushroom"[5] with a "subtle" flavour with "woody notes",[4] as having a "strong earthy" flavour, and as being crunchier than fish egg caviar.[6] It may be served as other caviars are, with toast points, sour cream and champagne."

Despite this tempting description, I think I will ask them to leave the snail caviar off my plate and give me a bite of Bo's apple instead. ;)

If I eat there I will also skip the Snail Caviar and request an extra "dessert that pops open (like a blossom opening) when they pour chocolate sauce over it to reveal mousse" :)

Thank you for posting all the information you’ve found on the resteraunts, they have been interesting to read. One big question I have with all the menus is the options for vegetarians, I really am not seeing any variety like I’ve seen and had with other cruiselines. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity so a little concerned. From reading all the other poss I can find, they seem to take care of allergies, but I haven’t found anything specific for vegetarians. Hope I’m wrong and there are different nightly options for my better half who is mostly a vegetarian (exception is ground beef only).