Any way to price up for a family of 5?

dltaeg

We have done 2 Royal Caribbean cruises in the past but always as a family of 6 (3 adults and 3 children). This time we will probably be a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children). Is there anyway we can price a holiday up or will it be another case of getting 2 adjoining rooms?

Thanks.

(Not set on destination or ship yet)

You have to call.

I'm in the same boat. It drives me nuts. We are in 2 rooms (not a problem with that) but they aren't even in the same category but at least they are on the same deck.

It is really frustrating. I had no problem booking adjoining rooms for a party of 4. Not so much with a party of 5.

You have to call. Sometimes family cabins are cheaper and sometimes they're not. We're a family of 5 on our last 2 cruise on IOS it was much cheaper to get one Family Ocean View over 2 cabins. On our upcoming Allure cruise 2 cabins were just about the same price as one cabin.

Are you looking at the Oasis class of ships? You call ask if they have availability of the “Ultra Spacious Interior”, “Ultra Spacious Oceanview”, or “Ultra Spacious Oceanview with Balcony.” These all have the king bed, sofa bed, and a little “closet” area where there’s a set of twin bunk beds. These rooms sleep 6.

On older ships sometimes 2 bedroom Grand Suite (also known as Royal Family Suite sometimes) is a great price! Ask the rep to price that.

There’s a Kids Sail Free promo for some 2018 itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how cozy you want it to be but on Oasis and Allure there are regular balcony cabins that do hold 5 and are priced the same as balcony cabins which can be a huge savings if sailing during the kids sail free promotion. Look for the solid diamond symbol in the cabin. Cabin 12702 is an example. It has a queen bed that can be split into 2 singles, a sofa bed and a Pullman bed.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1688/12

As others mentioned you do have to call to get pricing and to book it however you could get a good idea by pricing one of these as a cabin for 4 and adding what they are charging for the 4th guest to give you the total for 5.

You can call for the price of one of the cabins that hold 5, but it’s unlikely that it’s lower than two connecting cabins. We prefer two cabins over squeezing into one anyway.

Keep in mind that you dont necessarily have to book adjoining cabins, even if kids are alone in a cabin. You can book a balcony plus an interior across the hall. That can be cheaper than 2 adjoining balconies. Whether you do that or get 2 adjoining, I'd opt in favor of 2 cabins instead of 5 in 1. As mentioned, you'll have 2 bathrooms and more space overall.

They have cabins for 5 but you MUST book on the phone. Not a big deal..just call! You aren't obligated just because you're talking to someone!

I have no idea why I'm even responding... but it is a PITA when you're just trying to price different cruises. I don't mind calling when I want to book something. When I'm still in the research phase and trying to pick a cruise it's a pain to have to call. I don't want to sit on the phone asking for prices for all different cruises and rooms.

I have no idea why I'm even responding... but it is a PITA when you're just trying to price different cruises. I don't mind calling when I want to book something. When I'm still in the research phase and trying to pick a cruise it's a pain to have to call. I don't want to sit on the phone asking for prices for all different cruises and rooms.

Correct, it is a pain. I wish I could do all my research ahead of time to see what's available/pricing and then call to make the reservation. Oh well, there used to be 6 of us sailing, now we're down to 5, before we know it, it will be just DH and I and it will be simple to find a cabin for 2 :(

in almost all situations, it is better to get two connecting rooms. with extra OBC, extra space, and ability to get one beverage package (one adult in each room), you will find this to be the case almost all the time.

With the KSF, are kids still free if they are the second person on the reservation (as in a family of 5, 2 rooms, 1 adult in each room)?

I know normally we end up paying for 4 adults, 1 kid this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is correct you would only get one free. Find the best prices for 4 in a cabin and then call to see if you can fit 5. From my limited experience, the newer ships have more limited availability, especially if you want a balcony. Good luck, it is a pain.

With the KSF, are kids still free if they are the second person on the reservation (as in a family of 5, 2 rooms, 1 adult in each room)?

I know normally we end up paying for 4 adults, 1 kid this way.

No, the kid has to be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th passenger...not sure about the suites that can hold 8 people.

We booked an interior room with a Central Park view on Oasis using Kids Sail Free. We'll all 5 be in the same room (main bed, sofa bed, one pull-down), but the price was fabulous. We don't mind the cramped quarters since we are just in the room to sleep anyway.

Our situation is an added pain in the rear, cuz we need one room to be accessible for our daughter with special needs. We have 2 adults and youngest kid in a regular balcony room, and Nana, daughter and her twin brother in the neighboring balcony room. We used a TA for this exact reason and didn't have to navigate anything, only chose an itinerary and ship.

Keep in mind that you dont necessarily have to book adjoining cabins, even if kids are alone in a cabin. You can book a balcony plus an interior across the hall. That can be cheaper than 2 adjoining balconies. Whether you do that or get 2 adjoining, I'd opt in favor of 2 cabins instead of 5 in 1. As mentioned, you'll have 2 bathrooms and more space overall.

My 7 year old can’t be in a non-adjoining cabin, trust me!

A suggestion is looking at the Freedom Class...they have a 2 bedroom Grand Suite for the price of some Jr Suites on Oasis Class! You can fit entire family in there plus if you are going in 2018 (some itineraries) Kids Sail Free.

I have always called to make the booking or booked through a TA, because I always book for my wife and I and 3 kids.

We have sometimes booked connecting cabins, and sometimes a balcony with the interior opposite for three, but you have to book this over the phone or with a TA.

Please keep in mind that you have to have one adult in each room as you can not leave kids in one room alone, UNLESS you book connecting cabins, as just happened with me on Radiance in December.

I have never gone with a family room option, because I prefer the idea of 2 bathrooms for the 5 of us.

In terms of pricing, just do a dummy booking for the 2 cabins you want in the correct category. The price you get for adjoining cabins will be similar if they the same category cabins.

I have always called to make the booking or booked through a TA, because I always book for my wife and I and 3 kids.

We have sometimes booked connecting cabins, and sometimes a balcony with the interior opposite for three, but you have to book this over the phone or with a TA.

Please keep in mind that you have to have one adult in each room as you can not leave kids in one room alone, UNLESS you book connecting cabins, as just happened with me on Radiance in December.

I have never gone with a family room option, because I prefer the idea of 2 bathrooms for the 5 of us.

In terms of pricing, just do a dummy booking for the 2 cabins you want in the correct category. The price you get for adjoining cabins will be similar if they the same category cabins.

Did that change recently? You used to be able to book them in adjoining rooms or directly across the hall.

My 7 year old can’t be in a non-adjoining cabin, trust me!

Well OBVIOUSLY everyone has to do whats best for their situation, taking into account their particular kids' ages, maturity levels, etc; my point was simply to let people know there's another option besides actual adjoining cabins.

Did that change recently? You used to be able to book them in adjoining rooms or directly across the hall.

I have no idea. I have been cruising since 2012 and have only done 5 cruises. This most recent cruise was the first one where the kids were allowed to be booked in a cabin alone as we were in the adjoining cabin.

On previous cruises, there had to be an adult booked in each room. That doesn't mean an adult has to stay in each cabin, but it is needed for the booking.

I booked adjoining in November. I was the only adult with three kids. But I can't book adjoining with a party of 3 or a party of 2. I'm so close to canceling my booking and just taking the loss. There are less than 100 unbooked cabins left. I just can't book adjoining 3 and 2. And there are no better solutions than splitting the family, six cabins apart.