Seaside review from the 2/24 sailing - 1st time cruisers

Danny61231

OP is correct. You have to reserve your chair or you won’t get one. Fact of life on MSC. Maybe a European thing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Then I guess I won't get one.

I will never resort to being a selfish chair hog.:rolleyes:

umm... no, not getting a chair is not "maybe a European thing." I just returned from a RCI cruise where people who did not go and reserve loungers early, did not find one. One day we found a somewhat reclined chair (not a lounger) on the side of a lower deck, which was okay, as well. It happens.

I had hope RCL was cleaning the chair hogs up. On both the Anthem and Rhapsody the pool attendants had small square post-its and when left your chair they put a post it on it indicating the time you left. Both times this occurred in the adults only solarium, maybe RCL isn't enforcing at other pools. Such a simple solution to a long term problem.

I had hope RCL was cleaning the chair hogs up. On both the Anthem and Rhapsody the pool attendants had small square post-its and when left your chair they put a post it on it indicating the time you left. Both times this occurred in the adults only solarium, maybe RCL isn't enforcing at other pools. Such a simple solution to a long term problem.

No, I am not talking about unoccupied but "reserved" chairs. I meant that every chair was occupied. You're right, reserving chairs and not coming back might be "European" (no such thing really).

Thanks for the review..... Glad you had an enjoyable time. Your comment at the beginning regarding being asked for a tip by the porters, was strange. I have cruised out of Miami many times and never have been told when a tip is due. I might get flamed for saying this...but I think this may have been due to the mixture of nationalities and different customs for those cruising on MSC. Based on reading about tipping customs outside the US.... I am thinking porters may not have been "tipped" as regularly when working on MSC embarkation day vs the other lines where there is a larger passenger base of Americans who customarily tip for services.

That is the second person that has said this, maybe it's the same porter.

Riclop ... We had the same issue on the Xmas sailing re a tip to make sure your bags arrive onboard ! if we get the same guy in April he will get a tip for sure and it will not be the monetary kind.

Thank you, Danny, for the really detailed and thorough review, can I say how nicely written it was, too? You summarized each section so well and offered lots of individual stories, which I really appreciated. I am glad your first cruise was a good one and that you enjoyed yourselves enough to want to go again. :D

I'm trying to figure out what kind of small teacups you are talking about. You don't mean demitasse cups like they use to serve espresso in, do you? In any case, thanks for the fantastic review and all of the lovely, sharp pictures!

Edited by DCGuy64
Misspelled word

Danny,

Thank you for posting. Loved the review and pictures!

Would you happen to remember how much their Thermal Suite Pass cost?

I want to say it was something like$190 per person if booked on the ship. We pre booked a 30 minute Bali massage each which included the well long thermal spa pass and only cost us $180 total. Booking beforehand is the way to go!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you, Danny, for the really detailed and thorough review, can I say how nicely written it was, too? You summarized each section so well and offered lots of individual stories, which I really appreciated. I am glad your first cruise was a good one and that you enjoyed yourselves enough to want to go again. :D

I'm trying to figure out what kind of small teacups you are talking about. You don't mean demitasse cups like they use to serve espresso in, do you? In any case, thanks for the fantastic review and all of the lovely, sharp pictures!

I don't have any pictures but they are a shorter fat cup with a loop handle that I could only hold with 2 fingers... pretty ridiculous in my opinion! Maybe someone else will have a picture as they seem to be the most common coffee cups on board.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the exceptionally well done review! I will be boarding on Saturday, and you have given me lots to look forward to. But maybe I should bring my own coffee cup of a reasonable size. Coffee is life!