No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

Platinum and Diamond level still clearly shows as "Priority check-in and boarding" on Carnival's site, so not sure why people are still discussing this.

What_You_Get_Benefits_of_the_VIFP_Club_Carnival_Cruise_Line.jpg

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/benefits.aspx

Also posted here on their site:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3501/kw/priority%20boarding

The discussion on those other sites was not about priority check in/boarding. It was specifically about early room access and plats/diamonds reporting issues with accessing their rooms. Also, how Carnival has removed mention of plats/diamonds receiving “1st room access”. I have a pic of FTTF FAQs tht shows its removal but don’t know how to post a pic. But if anyone is interested and wants to see b4/after pics, they’re on JH FB page.

The discussion on those other sites was not about priority check in/boarding. It was specifically about early room access and plats/diamonds reporting issues with accessing their rooms. Also, how Carnival has removed mention of plats/diamonds receiving “1st room access”. I have a pic of FTTF FAQs tht shows its removal but don’t know how to post a pic. But if anyone is interested and wants to see b4/after pics, they’re on JH FB page.

You are correct. I meant early access. Happy to find it is incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is a partial description of FTTF from Carnival’s website. Notice First access to stateroom no longer includes Diamonds and Platinums. If that is the case than I am 100% sure this will be my last Carnival cruise. I don’t care if they miss me or not.

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding

A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Are we talking actual embarkation to the ship, or just early cabin access?

Many people, including myself, are Platinum status and have reported not having their cabins ready early in the past couple of months. But, I hadn't heard anything about the early embarkation.

I think they posted the wrong headline on this. It had nothing to do with embarkation it had to do with CabinAccess. Also, their website has removed ALL references to early cabin access for Plat/Diam like it used to be on the FTTF page. BUT the other items still say "Already applies to Plat and Diamond guests". I think it's not an error, they just announced too soon.

Mary and Mischelle know EXACTLY what is going on in that company, they've been taking questions for years now.

Here is a partial description of FTTF from Carnival’s website. Notice First access to stateroom no longer includes Diamonds and Platinums. If that is the case than I am 100% sure this will be my last Carnival cruise. I don’t care if they miss me or not.

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding

A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Firemanbobswife, I remember you mentioning this in your review. Not only was it removed from the FAQ, there were other areas on their website where it had been removed. JH & Carnival say that it was a mistake after stating it was the case. Plus, Plats/diamonds are reporting issues accessing their rooms early. I can see why folks are upset.

I think they posted the wrong headline on this. It had nothing to do with embarkation it had to do with CabinAccess. Also, their website has removed ALL references to early cabin access for Plat/Diam like it used to be on the FTTF page. BUT the other items still say "Already applies to Plat and Diamond guests". I think it's not an error, they just announced too soon.

Mary and Mischelle know EXACTLY what is going on in that company, they've been taking questions for years now.

I totally agree with that

Not hard to see why you're lonely at the top. ;p;p

(y)

took the words right out of my fingers :D

Lonely At The Top ... at least this is a perk they've actually earned via brand loyalty. You seem really determined to keep stirring the pot here. Buy FTTF and you can pretend to be platinum:evilsmile: then maybe you won't feel so hostile.

There has been talk about Carnival removing early cabin access for Diamonds and Platinums and having it be exclusively for Faster To The Fun.

Even though it has been denied on Carnival's FB page, this perk is no longer showing under FTTF. The other benefits that D/P share with FTTF still say so, however, "First Access to Stateroom" isn't included.

So my question is:

If "First Access to Stateroom" is no longer a perk for Diamonds or Platinums, will it be the final straw that causes you to leave Carnival?

Hopefully this is just a rumor and a mistake. But if not, then I think this is the end for me. I shouldn't have to purchase FTTF for upwards of $90 to get all the same perks as FTTF plus having my cabin ready upon embarkation.

Although I have a few more points until Platinum, I dont think this particular perk would be a deal breaker for me. I purchase FTTF usually and enjoy it. Last time our room wasn't ready until 1:30 and it didn't bother us, we just wondered around for a bit. I do feel strongly thought that they should keep Platinum/Diamond perks. Loyal cruisers should be rewarded.

There has been talk about Carnival removing early cabin access for Diamonds and Platinums and having it be exclusively for Faster To The Fun.

Even though it has been denied on Carnival's FB page, this perk is no longer showing under FTTF. The other benefits that D/P share with FTTF still say so, however, "First Access to Stateroom" isn't included.

So my question is:

If "First Access to Stateroom" is no longer a perk for Diamonds or Platinums, will it be the final straw that causes you to leave Carnival?

Hopefully this is just a rumor and a mistake. But if not, then I think this is the end for me. I shouldn't have to purchase FTTF for upwards of $90 to get all the same perks as FTTF plus having my cabin ready upon embarkation.

It will definitely do it for me. No way am I paying 90 bucks to get early access to my cabin.

Where do you see "First access to Stateroom"?

Under my beenfits, it is stated that "Priority check-in and boarding" still exsists.

You don't. It's gone! That's the point. Up until recently it was listed and everyone knows D/P had immediate access to their cabins upon embarkation. Now it's not there. Check in and boarding are separate and still the same.

Just like diamond and platinums are diluting the perks of priority check in by bringing others with them who are clearly not priority, and also bringing them to the priority meeting area to get offthe ship, when they are again not priority, bringing their "they're with me" to the captains lounge, platinum party, etc... Their are probably too many abusing the early stateroom access too. I can hear them say "tell them you're with me, bring all your luggage,we will put it in my room untill yours is ready. If you,as a platinum or diamond, have ever done any of these things once, shame on you, and don't whine when they take things that you've "earned".

John Heald announced on FB this morning that this is just a rumor and Diamond and Platinum will not be loosing this perk.

Wasn’t a rumor. A carnival employee said the perk was only for fttf. Then a different carnival employee said diamonds/platinums still have the perk. Meanwhile JH blamed another FB group for creating a rumor. AND, reference to platinums/diamons having this perk has been removed from carnival’s site...not to mention plat/diamond folks have been reporting that they haven’t had early access to their cabins.