No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

Ok, Next question. Where and when have you seen this "talk" about Carnival removing early access?

What the other posters said as well as directly on Carnival's website. This is under FTTF:

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding

A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone extension and line at Guest Services.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Debarkation Choices

When it’s time to say good bye, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

I am blessed to have cruised enough where I am Platinum on Carnival and NCL. Next cruise I will be Platinum Plus. I enjoy both lines and will be on Horizon this Summer. Needless to say I really think NCL's Platinum perk is much better than Carnival's. Not sure why Carnival would want to reduce benefits to an already weak rewards program. Click here https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program and scroll down.

First , I cant imagine that they would take this perk away from platinum and diamond vifp's, but if they do, it truly sucks! If Heald says they are not going to do this, I would still be leery, because he has denied things before and then they happened. Truly, hope that they do not remove this perk from plat and diamond vifp'rs . Seems a small perk after all.

For me it is a moot point, as even after 8 Carnival cruises, I doubt that I will ever reach platinum, nor do I care anymore. I am currently not able to travel, but when I am, I am going to be cruising on a different line most likely. Already decided that if I ever cruise Carnival again, I will not buy fttf.

My reasons for wanting to venture to a different line are personal to me.

But just saying, as p'o'd as I was when Carnival took past guest party away from gold vifp, I read a lot of nasty comments from platinums of how it was the golds that spoiled the party by being too many, or too grabby at the drinks and food etc, but never want to see them/platinums lose early access to their rooms, it is something that they should retain above all else. Like maybe Carnival can keep their plat gifts, visors, etc, that most don't like anyway.

This is a screenshot of the Faster to the Fun FAQ. Everyone can calm down. Lol

795f4528d4f5ef45ff54247937d9597d.jpg

That is very old. You can even see where it states Suites don't get guaranteed dining times:

Q: Will Main Dining room priority reservations act the same way as our Suite and Platinum guests. If their preferred choice is closed, the request will be entered into the system as a waitlist and confirmed overnight if the package was purchased. On the reverse side, if their preferred choice is waitlisted and the package is purchased afterwards, will the system confirm the seating time overnight?

A: Correct, this will be handled in same manner.

The main FTTF page which is what I originally copied and pasted is here:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/kw/faster%20to%20the%20fun

The older page is accessed at the bottom of that one under "Faster To The Fun FAQ" and is found here:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3470

Go to a desktop and take a look.

You don't. It's gone! That's the point. Up until recently it was listed and everyone knows D/P had immediate access to their cabins upon embarkation. Now it's not there. Check in and boarding are separate and still the same.

No, First access to stateroom has NEVER been listed on the list of perks on the VIFP chart. It was only included in the FTTF facts. I think they just did it for people who were D/P. Everyone knows, BUT it was not officially written anywhere except the FTTF page?

John Heald posted earlier this morning that this rumor is not true. He also ridiculed a community over this rumor.
Oh and JH was so not right when he blamed another group for starting a rumor when it was actually posted on Carnival’s FB site and incorrectly answered by a carnival employee.

JH will put down any online community that isn't his own, or Carnival's, fb page. He's repeatedly taken shots at CC. I don't follow the guy, but any time I've ever been directed to his content, whether it be fb posts or videos, he's always insulting someone in one way or another. That dude is like a creepy old uncle I'd tell my kid to stay away from.

Not hard to see why you're lonely at the top. ;p;p
That person just joined CC a month ago and all I've seen from them is going around instigating arguments and attacking people. CC needs a better moderating system.

Lonely At The Top ... at least this is a perk they've actually earned via brand loyalty. You seem really determined to keep stirring the pot here. Buy FTTF and you can pretend to be platinum:evilsmile: then maybe you won't feel so hostile.
I'm definitely not defending lonely at the top (see above), but just want to say, as someone who bought FTTF for our upcoming June cruise (bought it at the old lower price :)), I'm not "pretending" to be anybody. It's only our second cruise so we have a long way to go till platinum. Shoot, we may never make it that far. That's why some people are willing to pay to enjoy some of the perks. We simply take advantage of a perks package offered by Carnival, we're not pretending to be anyone. Edited by Organized Chaos

With the huge amount of Carnival cutbacks over the years I for one have branched out and tried other lines. Not sure this would be the last straw but I certainly would be less inclined to book. All lines have cutbacks but Carnival (to me) leads the pack by far and with the Vista class disappointments it's easy to look elsewhere. Carnival already has a crappy VIFP program and has a history of taking away from VIFP. Hopefully it is not true which I believe is the case. At least I hope ;)

No, First access to stateroom has NEVER been listed on the list of perks on the VIFP chart. It was only included in the FTTF facts. I think they just did it for people who were D/P. Everyone knows, BUT it was not officially written anywhere except the FTTF page?

JH FB site, someone posted 3-4 before/after pics. Other groups have posted b4/after pics...so not just in the fttf faqs.

That is where they had it and it WAS a perk as evidenced numerous places such as the FTTF page, at embarkation, on the ship, etc. Carnival’s website has always been pretty sad. Try and find what Suite perks are included! It’s practically impossible.

No matter where it was listed, it in fact WAS (and hopefully still is a perk). If they were “just doing it” then it wouldn’t have been in writing. I will back up my claims with evidence.

c6b70dd5b0e50571e1fb5bea99b72d27.jpg

5db53d8a638f26d35db43eed04d6dc1d.jpg

a33f18202605c077a0ff8e7abb2c96d6.jpg

JH will put down any online community that isn't his own, or Carnival's, fb page. He's repeatedly taken shots at CC. I don't follow the guy, but any time I've ever been directed to his content, whether it be fb posts or videos, he's always insulting someone in one way or another. That dude is like a creepy old uncle I'd tell my kid to stay away from.

And that’s your brand ambassador...

We are at 50 days on Carnival, but our last two cruises have been on RCI and our upcoming cruise will be on NCL. We drank the Koolaid and bought FTTF for 8 cruises, but since sailing without it on Carnival and the other two lines, we realize it was wasted money and we really aren't concerned about loyalty levels anymore. Perks are at the pleasure of the cruise line, and not an entitlement.

That being said, if I were Diamond/Platinum, I would be LIVID about the early access to room being taken away and, in essence, sold to the highest bidders. If the number of D/P's has grown to the point that it's no longer reasonable to expect the stewards to have such a quick turn-around time on the cabins, that would be disappointing, but understandable. But it is a slap in the face for them to keep it as a FTTF benefit and then double the price. It would just confirm that money trumps loyalty.

Just like diamond and platinums are diluting the perks of priority check in by bringing others with them who are clearly not priority, and also bringing them to the priority meeting area to get offthe ship, when they are again not priority, bringing their "they're with me" to the captains lounge, platinum party, etc... Their are probably too many abusing the early stateroom access too. I can hear them say "tell them you're with me, bring all your luggage,we will put it in my room untill yours is ready. If you,as a platinum or diamond, have ever done any of these things once, shame on you, and don't whine when they take things that you've "earned".

Plats and Diamonds actually do these things?? I’d be shocked if so as such behavior would be contrary to the status level.

ahhm relax.. My friend got off Carnival Glory today and Diamond and Platinum still go to their room as soon as they are on the ship. not to mention it is clearly shown below.

I understand, however, it is not clearly shown on the website anymore. Just because it was in effect still last week doesn't mean it will continue to be.

I wouldn't say this is the straw that broke the camels back but all in all the lack of perks is one of the reasons that I will not sail again on Carnival. Another reason is the degrading of the quality of the cruising experience. I have 175 days on Carnival and have been platinum since they started the tier programs. I've been cruising mostly with HAL the last few years and am a 4 star mariner, 215 days. HAL or a more upscale line will get all my business in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

strange because my diamond friend got off the ship this morning and stated they absolutely had early access, as soon as she wasa on the ship itw as to her room.. and not a mention or a peep about anything changing

Strange that not all diamond/platinum members are able to access their rooms when they board as your diamond friend was able to. Take a look at JH & Carnival’s FB posts...it has been inconsistent. It is also strange what Carnival has chosen to remove from their website. Oh and it also strange how when Carnival was initially asked, a Carnival employee said the policy had been changed and when the issue was escalated, a different Carnival employee said it hadn’t changed. Lots of strangeness going around. But time will tell.

It is, and always has been an FTTF perk. It has included Diamonds and Platinums, WHEN AVAILABLE. Meaning, if FTTF is not offered on a particular cruise, then D & P's do not get the perk. It has always been set up that way.

It is, and always has been an FTTF perk. It has included Diamonds and Platinums, WHEN AVAILABLE. Meaning, if FTTF is not offered on a particular cruise, then D & P's do not get the perk. It has always been set up that way.

I disagree. FTTF was not offered in Europe on the Vista but as Platinum I still boarded first and my room was ready immediately after boarding around 11am.