No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

I think everyone needs to calm down and stop being riled up. Until a reliable poster that is a Diamond or Platinum member reports that they were not allowed to access their cabins upon boarding, speculating does absolutely no good. Deep breaths everybody! :cool:

Very good idea!

Another from November 26, 2013.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131126112445/https://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Still no mention of "early access to cabins" but it was obviously happening. How can something have been removed from a website when it wasn't there to begin with? I think some people want any excuse to jump board from Carnival, fabricated or not. You're grownups. If you want to leave, nobody is stopping you. You don't need an excuse to go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

So you’re denying the fact that it was a perk even when it was listed including under FTTF in writing on the website and because our S&S cards were at our mailboxes when others weren’t? We were also handed out cards that said as such. The signs on the doors said so, and even a letter from Corporate confirmed it. In fact, when they rolled out FTTF, a major consolation to D/P was the fact that their cabins would be ready upon embarkation. Until then, they weren’t.

I wouldn’t need to vent or need an excuse to go if it was just a matter of changing it up. I did it before and I would do it again. The fact is if Carnival is taking it away as a perk, then that will be the final reason why. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wouldn’t bother me at all. I have 4 cruises booked right now, none with Carnival. They have no itineraries I’m interested in. However, if Panorama has an interesting itinerary on its way to Long Beach, I’m game. Nothing Carnival offers for Plat/Diamond interests me. I feel like I have been stuck at Platinum (175 days) forever. However, I will be enjoying cocktails in the evening as a Diamond on RCI in August. Now that interests me...LOL

I didn't say that at all. Everyone took the report as gospel because it had been "removed from the website as a perk". It never showed on the website as a perk but it was/is happening nonetheless. I think it is an unlisted perk that will continue and until proven otherwise, that'll be my stance. There are greater things to worry about.

I didn't say that at all. Everyone took the report as gospel because it had been "removed from the website as a perk". It never showed on the website as a perk but it was/is happening nonetheless. I think it is an unlisted perk that will continue and until proven otherwise, that'll be my stance. There are greater things to worry about.

But it WAS listed. Particularly under FTTF which used to read as below. You can even see under the old FTTF FAQ that everything FTTF got, Diamond and Platinum did as well plus more. You can view it here: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3470

I hope they do continue it. If not, then that's it for me. Plain and simple.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Additional documentation where early access was for Diamond, Platinum and FTTF

GS - this is the electronic sign that plays on a loop just next to the Guest Services desk

Priority - this was on the website under Priority / Boarding Pass

Had to attach the pictures ... can't figure out how to paste them in the actual post

GS...thumb.jpg.71b9fedb5476e7ab5513e43adc238b72.jpg

Priority...thumb.jpg.3ca99348634359c2dd9512d9f966d483.jpg

Edited by mcarney

This thread is not questioning FTTF. It was claimed that the perk was removed from the list under diamond/platinum which is just untrue if you look through the internet archives. You keep bringing up the list under FTTF which is not what people are claiming has been removed. In fact everyone accepts that it's on the list on Carnival's website under FTTF perks. However, it's never been on the list of perks under diamond/platinum on the website. Why is this so difficult to understand?

I think everyone needs to calm down and stop being riled up. Until a reliable poster that is a Diamond or Platinum member reports that they were not allowed to access their cabins upon boarding, speculating does absolutely no good. Deep breaths everybody! :cool:

I agree Jeff, but if it comes to pass.......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This thread is not questioning FTTF. It was claimed that the perk was removed from the list under diamond/platinum which is just untrue if you look through the internet archives. You keep bringing up the list under FTTF which is not what people are claiming has been removed. In fact everyone accepts that it's on the list on Carnival's website under FTTF perks. However, it's never been on the list of perks under diamond/platinum on the website. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Yes it HAS been removed from FTTF and that’s where I first saw the change! So that’s what I’m claiming as well. Why is that so difficult to understand? It was there, now it’s not. And I know what this thread is about - I started it!

Yes it HAS been removed from FTTF and that’s where I first saw the change! So that’s what I’m claiming as well. Why is that so difficult to understand? It was there, now it’s not. And I know what this thread is about - I started it!
Thread title: "No more first cabin access for Diamonds/Platinums?"

"Diamonds/Platinums"

"Diamonds/Platinums"

Then, of course the question.

"If "First Access to Stateroom" is no longer a perk for Diamonds or Platinums, will it be the final straw that causes you to leave Carnival?"

It was technically never listed on the website as a perk for Diamonds/Platinums.

People just making a mountain out of a sesame bagel.

Carnival usually limits fttf based on the number of diamond and platinum guests. That's why it appears and disappears and reappears.

Eliminating the perk for platinum makes sense, perfect sense now. Dimonds are not that many typically so platinums are the wilcard. ALL 500 or so slots allotted for "priority" will now be sold, instead of given away. Fttf will have a set amount for each cruise regardless and will sell just like any other excursion.

Let's hope not, but time will tell.

Thread title: "No more first cabin access for Diamonds/Platinums?"

"Diamonds/Platinums"

"Diamonds/Platinums"

Correct! I (nor is anyone else) saying the perk was removed from FTTF. We are saying it no longer says it's a perk for Diamonds/Platinums under the FTTF description. See my previous post #64 for clarification.

Correct! I (nor is anyone else) saying the perk was removed from FTTF. We are saying it no longer says it's a perk for Diamonds/Platinums under the FTTF description. See my previous post #64 for clarification.
I see now. You're worried because they took information regarding Platinums/Diamonds and removed it from documentation that was supposed to be about FTTF. That DOES pose a quandry.

Rumors on Carnival do often come true.

Mostly they do, I agree. I know that in the past, many changes happened on different ships before there was a formal announcement, cruisers came back and told of their experiences. They were ridiculed. Next thing you know, there was the announcement.

I see now. You're worried because they took information regarding Platinums/Diamonds and removed it from documentation that was supposed to be about FTTF. That DOES pose a quandry.

That's about the only place you can really find a description of what certain perks are such a Suites. Practically impossible. See post #64 - says right there it's part of our VIFP Club Status. No matter what you want to think it WAS a perk and hopefully still is. It's not like Carnival has the greatest website to begin with. Better than Celebrity's in some aspects, but finding info is sometimes like playing hide and go seek.

This could be a deal breaker for us. We have been Platinums for many years and we board about 11:15-11:30am every cruise and it would be a big imposition to have to waste time waiting around until 1:30 for access to our cabin. We have sailed on Holland America 7 times and have always had access to our cabin as soon as we board and we have not yet reached the comparable level on HAL as a Platinum. If HAL can do it for all passengers why can't Carnival do it just for Platinums/Diamonds? We would never pay for sooner access. Come on Carnival, why screw your most loyal cruisers as we are - 33 Carnival cruises with 34 coming up next weekend.:mad:

I am sorry, but it has NOT been removed from the FTTF explanation on the website. It is the second thing listed there. And, I have never see that phrase listed on the VIFP benefits page as long I have been a Carnival customer. So your logic of basing your assumptions on the fact that it has disappeared from the D/P benefits (never there) and also from the FTTF (still there) appears to be a tab bit off.

FTR, I had FTTF on my last cruise and the cabin wasn't ready when I boarded. I was able to get in and just dropped my luggage off in the "closets" but the bed still had to be made.

I would hope that they did more than "make the bed"...changing the linens would be a good thing! :o:o

It's terribly unlikely that I'll ever reach Diamond or Platinum status but I would be very disappointed to have a perk like this taken away. It seems like a pretty sweet perk. Would it keep me from sailing with Carnival? I don't know.

With so many cruise line options I'd think this would be a big risk. Relying on current Diamonds and Platinums to stay loyal to Carnival while selling First Cabin Access. I'm sure somebody has crunched the numbers though. Assuming this is all true.