Vegetables at Moderno Brazilian restaurant

Biris

Hi all,

We are sailing with NCL for the first time on the Epic in May. Already supper excited! One person in our group is on a special diet and can only eat cooked/grilled veggies at dinner besides meat. Do they have cooked veggies at the Brazilian restaurant?

TIA

Hi all,

We are sailing with NCL for the first time on the Epic in May. Already supper excited! One person in our group is on a special diet and can only eat cooked/grilled veggies at dinner besides meat. Do they have cooked veggies at the Brazilian restaurant?

TIA

Normally no... though iirc there were some (cold) grilled zucchini and peppers on the salad bar.

There's grilled/cooked vegetables on the antipasto bar. but they may just wanna skip it and go to the buffet instead -- Moderno is no place for people w/special diets or sodium issues. ;-)

They have a salad bar but that’s it. Everything else is meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, even on the main course no veggies?

Was considering booking this instead of La Cucina, but may reconsider.

MARAPRINCE

MARAPRINCE

There are some sides delivered to the table, but it is things like rice and grilled pineapple. There are no veggies you can order.

In that case, can she bring veggies from the buffet or have them brought to her? Also, I’ve read on this board that the Cagneys steakhouse isn’t that good. If you have a choice between Cagneys and Brazilian, which would you choose?

Thanks again 😁

In that case, can she bring veggies from the buffet or have them brought to her? Also, I’ve read on this board that the Cagneys steakhouse isn’t that good. If you have a choice between Cagneys and Brazilian, which would you choose?

Thanks again

Hmmm, general opinion that I have read here is that Cagney's is pretty great and this is borne out by my personal experiences also. OK it's not quite The Palm, but it's extremely pleasant. Le Bistro likewise.

You CAN get veggies in Cagneys and Le Bistro no problemo; sounds like the better choice...

MARAPRINCE

Other than meat all I’ve ever seen them bring is the grilled pineapple (which I’ve heard is delicious). I’m not a major meat eater myself at home and would not waste my time there. I’d try some of the other restaurants. If they have dietary restrictions.

Thanks again [emoji16]

If you look up seacruisers on YouTube. It’s two sisters and their kids that go on a lot of cruises. They went to Brazilian on an escape cruise. They film through the whole meal. You’ll see exactly what they offered. I’ll see if I can post the link that way you’ll be able to make an informed decision [emoji3]

I've found the chefs in the specialty restaurants to be very accommodating. If your friend has a true need for a special meal instead of just a preference, it wouldn't surprise me if you asked that they would come up with a dish with just grilled veggies. Nothing hard about that.

Of course, you would still have to pay the full price.

Thanks again

With the caveat that food is subjective, I would pick Cagney's. We've eaten at Moderno several times on two different NCL ships (not the Epic), and the meats were not good -- tough, dry, generally not even hot (not even when we'd asked for specific meats). Imho, NCL has not been able to pull off a churrascaria at sea. We would not eat there again. Save your money and find a Fogo on land.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Turtles06

Even without a special diet, I would skip Moderno.

Both Cagney's and LeBistro are better experiences.

I never expect at sea dining to be as good as on land dining, but Moderno was especially disappointing as we are fans of the Churrascaria format.

I never expect at sea dining to be as good as on land dining, but Moderno was especially disappointing as we are fans of the Churrascaria format.

Agreed, it's 3rd on my list also... but does make for a 'change' during the week. The highlight is kinda the salad bar actually.

I disagree. LeBistro was our worst dining experience and one we don’t care to repeat. I love Moderno and enjoy it every time!

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. Our friend is on a very strict diet. We have the 3 specialty restaurants package and already booked La Cucina and LeBistro. My husband doesn’t care for Teppanyaki.

I understand that food is subjective, and I’ve read quite a few reviews lately that mentioned the service was slow, food wasn’t as good as it used to be, and they didn’t have good experience with Cagneys.... I’m hoping to see more Epic reviews in the next 2 months.