Forgotton luggage - Princess is Awesome

lagrutke

When we disembarked, I thought we had only 5 bags, when we actually had 6. Once we had 5 bags, I told my family we had all of our bags and we got on the shuttle. It wasn't until we reached the airport and were checking our bags that I realized we should have had 6 bags. Oops, my fault!

This happened on Christmas Eve, so I didn't try to contact Princess until the 26th. They were closed for the holiday, so I called them first thing on the 27th, yesterday. I was told that they didn't have any paperwork yet from my cruise and that they would send me an e-mail with a form to fill out.

Today, the 28th, I was waiting for the e-mail to start the paperwork, and my luggage arrived via DHL from Princess. They are awesome. They took care of it without any red tape and took me totally by surprise.

Thank you Princess!!!!!

This happened last April to the friends who were travelling with us on the Golden. They were checking in at the airport when they discovered that they had forgotten one of their bags at the pier. Two days later, it was delivered to their front door!! We all joked that we should have left all our bags, it would have been a heck of a lot easier than lugging them with us!! I should also note that the missing bag was well marked, both inside and out.

Great news, and great job by Princess. Now everyone can conveniently "forget" their luggage on the ship and have Princess deliver it to their homes :D

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Something similiar happened to a friend last year in San Pedro. He realized that he forgot a bag as we were waiting for the shuttle to LAX. Couldn't get back into the terminal without the help of security, and couldn't find anyone so he left. (Didn't have much time to spare.) The bag was waiting on his front porch before he had a chance to call. We also decided that next cruise, this was the way to go. Just forget everything.

Here's one for you - a combination of Northwest and Princess - our son flew to FLL a day early in October to meet us for a cruise - one of his bags was missing - The lady at the NWA desk asked for his tag and the details of what ship and what cabin and sail time - I thought to myself (it will be in FLL when we get back - no way it will be on the ship before sailing time) - WOW, was I wrong - it arrived on the ship delivered right to our cabin before we had our regular luggage!

Ron

I left behind a credit card on the Star. I thought I had lost it, so I canceled the card with the cr. card company. About 2 weeks after we returned home, I received a call from Princess. They had our card and wanted to return it -- I told them to destroy it since I had canceled that card. I was so pleased with this kind of service.

Years ago we traveled to Venice to catch the original Dawn Princess. Our bags did not arrive and were delivered to the ship the next day.

At our layover in New York it was raining and our bags were left outside and mine arrived completely soak all the way through.

The ship (our cabin steward) took all of my soaked clothes, laundered and drycleaned them and had them hanging in my closet a few hours later, and free of charge......:)

And it wasn't their fault it got wet, it was the airlines' fault.

When we disembarked, I thought we had only 5 bags, when we actually had 6. Once we had 5 bags, I told my family we had all of our bags and we got on the shuttle. It wasn't until we reached the airport and were checking our bags that I realized we should have had 6 bags. Oops, my fault!...........Today, the 28th, I was waiting for the e-mail to start the paperwork, and my luggage arrived via DHL from Princess. They are awesome. They took care of it without any red tape and took me totally by surprise. Thank you Princess!!!!!

Amazing how much goodwill can be generated from a little action like this... taking care of your customer ...:D

You mean they didn't ask you to pay for the DHL? I'm surprised because Princess LOST my garment bag. Their rep couldn't find it and neither could we. We spent one hour looking in our "silver" terminal area and when the luggage thinned out we looked in every other color. Since nobody checks the name tags against the passengers before they leave with the luggage, we figured someone had accidently taken mine instead of theirs -- many look alike. Then I received a call from Princess Lost and Found. The second words out of her mouth were, "May I have your credit card number, please?" I said, "You mean I have to pay to get my garment bag back?" She said, "It says here, ABANDONED." What a ruse, though -- I had the paperwork to prove it wasn't abandoned. She said, "You'll receive your bag in a couple of days." It arrived yesterday via DHL and it was intact, although filthy, and the clothes inside were fine.

You are very lucky...We disembarked on December 18th and took a taxi to the airport, my carry-on was left on the cab and I have had no responses from the taxi company or Princess yet. All my photo's from the cruise are lost. I'm hoping someone that took the Jamaica tour to Dunn's River falls on December 16th at 8:30 am see's this and reply's that they were there, I bought the video of our climb and it was in this bag. I'm hoping someone bought the video and I could get a copy of it. I'm still sick about loosing everything. I will never be in a rush to get to the airport again!!!:(

Archived