Cheers - Non Alcoholic Beverages

thesmiths

The question is how much weight does she want to gain to make it worth it ;p!

I will jump in for Chair Hogs, Smuggling, Surge Suppressors, Smoking on balconies with no fear.

I AM NOT COMMENTING ON A WOMAN AND HER WEIGHT!

:eek: :D

Thank you so much for that calculator!! I believe the Cheers program includes drinks up to $50. Is this just a sample of drinks? I’m not seeing many high end whiskies on here. Are they available on the Magic?

$50 is just a number that Carnival wants you to see so you go ... WOW! thats great

but there are no drinks that are really close to that. I think the closest might be in the $30 - $35 range I think

Let me have your number, I'll have her call you to discuss!

:-)

Sure its 867-5309. But in all seriousness all these people suggesting you drink 6 of these 7 of those, 2 of those. Do they even think of all the calories involved? Sounds like some are drink 4000 calories a day before they even set foot onto the lido for the first buffet or the MDR and all there is to indulge in there ;) . All these charts make it almost seem like a chore to drink the proper amount to " make it worth it " .

Sure its 867-5309. But in all seriousness all these people suggesting you drink 6 of these 7 of those, 2 of those. Do they even think of all the calories involved? Sounds like some are drink 4000 calories a day before they even set foot onto the lido for the first buffet or the MDR and all there is to indulge in there ;) . All these charts make it almost seem like a chore to drink the proper amount to " make it worth it " .

Yes that is alot.

I am not going to get it for both of us..

I am however going to get a letter from My wife's doctors and present that upon check in to see if I can get just cheers for me. Will get her the soda package.

We'll see, if not I'll pay as I go.

Yes that is alot.

I am however going to get a letter from My wife's doctors and present that upon check in to see if I can get just cheers for me. Will get her the soda package.

Let us know how that works out for ya.

You ever seen some of the cruisers on the Lido deck lined up for the buffet....they surely arent skimping on any meals :')

If she enjoys her coffee drinks or soda, you can make it work with a little creativity. She can enjoy her coffees and smoothies, you can each order a pricy glass of wine with dinner for you to enjoy. If you know you will be drinking a lot, it can average out. Otherwise, it might be better to just buy drinks as you go.

If she enjoys her coffee drinks or soda, you can make it work with a little creativity. She can enjoy her coffees and smoothies, you can each order a pricy glass of wine with dinner for you to enjoy. If you know you will be drinking a lot, it can average out. Otherwise, it might be better to just buy drinks as you go.

The OP’s wife would have to drink over 100 large specialty coffees and smoothies in 8 days to just break even with Cheers cost. She’d spend most of her cruise in the bathroom. He previously stated she would not drink any alcoholic drinks. I don’t see how it would be cost effective.

I agree. It’s a business, they’re not going to sell this package if it doesn’t make them money. Even when people calculate their costs and figure that it’s going to be worth it “to them,” in all likelihood, Carnival is still profiting. People use the cost of individual drinks to decide if Cheers is worth it, but those drinks are marked up considerably to begin with, so Carnival will make money. I think a lot of people, and many have said it here, buy it for the convenience and to not worry about what the final bill will be.

Exactly..... win/win for everyone ;)

The OP’s wife would have to drink over 100 large specialty coffees and smoothies in 8 days to just break even with Cheers cost. She’d spend most of her cruise in the bathroom. He previously stated she would not drink any alcoholic drinks. I don’t see how it would be cost effective.

your not thinking of the full picture. evey drink he drinks over about 6 will eat into her cost. so if he drinks 12, and she drinks a few non alcoholic drinks each day, it could be worth it.

Can a non drinker get there monies worth if there were to get Cheers instead of Bottomless Bubbles?

Such as Milk Shakes / Frozen Virgin Drinks , Apple, Cranberry, juices etc Diet Sodas, Hot Tea???

Anything else I'm missing.

Basically $477 worth on an 8 day?

I'll would get my monies worth :-) just trying to decide if it is right for my wife...

Or pay as we go.

Thank you,

In my opinion a non-drinker cannot get their monies worth with Cheers unless you are doing it to enable the partner to get it. But for most people pay as you go would still make the most sense unless you just want the convenience of knowing the amount you will spend upfront. Now if the person was planning to pass their 15 alcoholic drinks to someone else, then that is a different story.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

your not thinking of the full picture. evey drink he drinks over about 6 will eat into her cost. so if he drinks 12, and she drinks a few non alcoholic drinks each day, it could be worth it.

Ok so now he’s gotta drink say at least 10 to 12 alcoholic drinks every day for 8 days to make it work. Say he’s got a couple of port days he spends at the beach off ship drinking in the sun all day, he’s going to get back on the ship at say 5:00 after drinking all day in the sun and drink another 8 or 10 drinks that night? I think people way over estimate what they’re going to drink over longer cruises. But if you’re the type that never leaves the bar or the ship you could probably make it work I guess.

Yes that is alot.

I think this is a good idea. You can also each carry-on up to 12-12oz cans or cartons of soft drinks (soda, juice packs, etc) if you would prefer this over the soda package. The plus is having exactly what you want and not getting a potentially flat, warm can of soda from the bar. The negative is having to carry it with you and taking with from the room.

A previous poster suggested to not consider Cheers cost per person, but rather as a per cabin cost (which will vary based on the # of +21 passengers) in seeing if it is worth the purchase. This is a good alternative way of viewing the cost.

It amazes me how strongly many of us seem to view the Cheers package and will try to sway others to our side:rolleyes::') . For my husband and I, we like to drink but cannot see how the package makes sense. Even on our heaviest drinking day we never had a combined alcohol total of over $100. I also don't want to drink all my calories and spend all day in the restroom, so the specialty drinks/coffee argument doesn't sway me. We are good with viewing our account throughout the day and adjusting our habits if necessary, but I understand that others don't want a bill and are willing to pay a premium through the Cheers package to not have to think about their drink costs - even if they don't 'break even'. We get FTTF since it is a value to us, but many others consider that a waste of money.

Each passenger should do what is right for them (without violating the agreed to contract) and let others do the same. I do wish Carnival offered an unlimited non-alcoholic package like Princess, but I suspect to have the right price point most wouldn't purchase it.:(

I think this is a good idea. You can also each carry-on up to 12-12oz cans or cartons of soft drinks (soda, juice packs, etc) if you would prefer this over the soda package. The plus is having exactly what you want and not getting a potentially flat, warm can of soda from the bar. The negative is having to carry it with you and taking with from the room.

A previous poster suggested to not consider Cheers cost per person, but rather as a per cabin cost (which will vary based on the # of +21 passengers) in seeing if it is worth the purchase. This is a good alternative way of viewing the cost.

It amazes me how strongly many of us seem to view the Cheers package and will try to sway others to our side:rolleyes::') . For my husband and I, we like to drink but cannot see how the package makes sense. Even on our heaviest drinking day we never had a combined alcohol total of over $100. I also don't want to drink all my calories and spend all day in the restroom, so the specialty drinks/coffee argument doesn't sway me. We are good with viewing our account throughout the day and adjusting our habits if necessary, but I understand that others don't want a bill and are willing to pay a premium through the Cheers package to not have to think about their drink costs - even if they don't 'break even'. We get FTTF since it is a value to us, but many others consider that a waste of money.

Each passenger should do what is right for them (without violating the agreed to contract) and let others do the same. I do wish Carnival offered an unlimited non-alcoholic package like Princess, but I suspect to have the right price point most wouldn't purchase it.:(

Princess had changed to a 15 alcoholic drink per day limit. TMK canned sodas are also not available on the package-I might be wrong, relying on memory of reading Princess threads.

Princess had changed to a 15 alcoholic drink per day limit. TMK canned sodas are also not available on the package-I might be wrong, relying on memory of reading Princess threads.

When we sailed in October cans were covered by the AIBP, but not Soda & More. In practice, Princess didn't seem to have very many mock-tails so the package wasn't a deal for us, but Carnival has several virgin drinks that sound pretty good.

You can get unopened cans of soda and anything else if you ask nicely and tip good.

Not necessarily. The bartenders are trained to open all soda and pour it into a cup and open all beer bottles except for beer bought in buckets. Most bartenders do not risk their jobs for a $1 or $2 tip and a smile so please don’t abuse them if they deny that request, as most if not all will.

When we sailed in October cans were covered by the AIBP, but not Soda & More. In practice, Princess didn't seem to have very many mock-tails so the package wasn't a deal for us, but Carnival has several virgin drinks that sound pretty good.

Usually you can ask for a virgin version of just about any cocktail on the menu. Also I know on Carnival, they will make any flavor of daiquiri they have the ingredients for.

Usually you can ask for a virgin version of just about any cocktail on the menu. Also I know on Carnival, they will make any flavor of daiquiri they have the ingredients for.

On Regal there were quite a few menu cocktails that they would not make virgin under the soda & more package. We were either told that it wouldn't taste right as the alcohol was the main taste of the drink if it did not include a cheap bar mix (obviously not frozen daiquiris and margaritas), or if the drink included anything from a can or bottle. I could get cranberry juice and club soda/seltzer, but I could not get cranberry juice and sprite since sprite was only from cans. I couldn't get anything with ginger beer since it wasn't a fountain drink. It didn't seem like Princess had a lot of drinks to choose from period (compared to Carnival), and since it was such a hassle to get anything made we mostly stuck to Diet Pepsi - sometimes I'd get some lemon for it. We also took advantage of BOGO$1 happy hours.

Overall, Carnival does a great job with drink offerings - leaded or unleaded;)