Review of the Ruby Princess 5 Day to Cabo

3kidsncats

We were on that cruise too, and I saw glimpses of your dress as we passed by. :D

Your review is great by the way. We were on Caribe deck in a balcony, and we are booked in the same cabin for 2019.

We did enjoy the cruise (have done this itin before, and sailed Ruby before). That said, you are right about the customer service desk not answering the phone.

We had multiple issues with our plumbing, and every time DH tried to call the desk, no one answered, so he had to traipse down there.

Our room steward, Shavito Cruz, was awesome in helping us get a plumber several times.

Food was good, dining staff (Da Vinci) was great. all in all, a good cruise.

Patti

Thank you for the wonderful review and sharing your pictures with us. The vow renewal pictures were beautiful and looks like it was a perfect event!

You are very welcome, glad you enjoyed it. It was perfect. There were a few "plans" that got let go along the way, but that's a given anytime you do something like this. One of the advantages of age, learning when to not stress the little stuff :)

Thanks for your review. Your dress is gorgeous. Your pictures are great. What a special way to celebrate your anniversary.

Thank you so much! All the details were great, but ultimately, the best part was the fun we had with family and friends. Although, making the dress while caring for my mom (severe dementia) was a major coping benefit for me the past 6 months.

Your photos are beautiful! I have a question on your suite, what deck were you on? I like the corner balcony.

The OS suites (only 2 of them) are on Aloha deck. There are some...Vista suites, I believe, on other decks in the equivalent position, so might be worth looking at if you don't need the full OS space. I didn't visit the suite that one of our guests had, that was directly below us, on the far port side. So not entirely sure if it has the same curve out to see a little bit of the side angle.

Also, if it is an issue for you, the smoking section is starboard on the aft Promenade deck. I don't know if the smoke reaches the balcony of the starboard OS or not, but it would have bothered me if it had. We had the port side OS, and only had a smoke issue on one occasion (assume it was someone below us on their balcony)

Edited by 3kidsncats
add additional info

We were on that cruise too, and I saw glimpses of your dress as we passed by. :D

Your review is great by the way. We were on Caribe deck in a balcony, and we are booked in the same cabin for 2019.

We did enjoy the cruise (have done this itin before, and sailed Ruby before). That said, you are right about the customer service desk not answering the phone.

We had multiple issues with our plumbing, and every time DH tried to call the desk, no one answered, so he had to traipse down there.

Our room steward, Shavito Cruz, was awesome in helping us get a plumber several times.

Food was good, dining staff (Da Vinci) was great. all in all, a good cruise.

Patti

Too bad we were both zipping by -- would have loved to have said hello in person!

And yes, that room service line was useless. A staff member told me they only have one person at the phones. For the whole ship. I believe it, because it was ridiculous.

We did have better luck with the passenger services line -- not sure if suites ring thru differently though??

Your dress was beautiful. I want to know if any of your daughters expressed an interest in wearing it when they become brides??

~Denise

Thank you :) And no, none of them have expressed any interest. But that's not unexpected. My style is different than theirs. They each have their own ideas about how they dream of looking, I'm sure. So far, I only have their prom choices to go on, but that's enough for me to know they gravitate to different things than I do.

When I got married, I chose based more on budget, with an eye to what I liked within the budget. I couldn't afford the kind of dress I really wanted. This time, I had the skill set to make whatever I wanted at a very small fraction of what it would cost to buy ready made.

Too bad we were both zipping by -- would have loved to have said hello in person!

And yes, that room service line was useless. A staff member told me they only have one person at the phones. For the whole ship. I believe it, because it was ridiculous.

We did have better luck with the passenger services line -- not sure if suites ring thru differently though??

We only ordered room service once. It was the day we left Cabo. It took at least 15 minutes for them to answer the phone. Our food took about 45 minutes to arrive which was the time they quoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We only ordered room service once. It was the day we left Cabo. It took at least 15 minutes for them to answer the phone. Our food took about 45 minutes to arrive which was the time they quoted.

15 minutes seemed to be the minimum amount of time anyone in our group waited. It took a day and half to get my vouchers filled (that was all trying to get someone to answer -- our steward took pity on me and went and exchanged them for our spirits -- that took 5 minutes). My two friends who don't drink, wanted to exchange their mini-bar setups for coffee cards. That took 3 days. I wish they had told me, as I would have suggested they speak with the suite rep at passenger services. They were paying for coffees for half the cruise and walked off with unused cards that now expire.

The wait time on the food delivery was always well within the stated delivery window -- had no issue with that, and the delivery staff were super. And always seemed surprised when we tipped them

We were on the same cruise embarked 3/17. Had the same experience with room service too. It actually took me 3 days to get my bottle of rum I pre-ordered. Finally asked our room steward and he went and got it.

The OS suites (only 2 of them) are on Aloha deck. There are some...Vista suites, I believe, on other decks in the equivalent position, so might be worth looking at if you don't need the full OS space. I didn't visit the suite that one of our guests had, that was directly below us, on the far port side. So not entirely sure if it has the same curve out to see a little bit of the side angle.

Also, if it is an issue for you, the smoking section is starboard on the aft Promenade deck. I don't know if the smoke reaches the balcony of the starboard OS or not, but it would have bothered me if it had. We had the port side OS, and only had a smoke issue on one occasion (assume it was someone below us on their balcony)

Thanks, I have a Vista suite, port side, booked for a Hawaiian cruise so I expect my balcony will be smaller than the one you had, but at least I'll be away from the smoking section!

We were on the same cruise embarked 3/17. Had the same experience with room service too. It actually took me 3 days to get my bottle of rum I pre-ordered. Finally asked our room steward and he went and got it.

Yep. We didn’t have this issue last year — but this time was just ridiculous. Well beyond what you can reasonably excuse.

Thanks, I have a Vista suite, port side, booked for a Hawaiian cruise so I expect my balcony will be smaller than the one you had, but at least I'll be away from the smoking section!

You should have a really nice balcony—not as wide but deeper. And a great destination to enjoy it in [emoji1]

After drinks, we went to a shop we visited last year, and more drinks :rolleyes: DH, I think, along with Mianmike ordered tequila shots for most of us. I didn't get any photos, but I know there is at least one great shot of the tequila out there, that I'm hoping someone will post, hint, hint. I also did some shopping at this store, as I like their glassware. Tradition has evolved to purchasing two pieces of barware each cruise. This year was two beautiful aqua glazed shot glasses, a lovely blue patterned serving tray, and a rack with 6 green swirled shot glasses.

Next up was the lighthouse for tequila. We did a little tasting, and ended up purchasing an almond tequila. They were out of the Pinta pomegranate tequila, and only had some nasty syrup like excuse for pomegranate liquor. We passed. After everyone made their selections, DD1 asked if we could hit Solomon's Landing for tacos. She loves their tacos.

:)

The local tequila stop while shopping after our Cabo Wabo visit.

27351586978_f9b04aa383_c.jpg

The brave souls who stuck around and tried it, clearly having a great time!27351588138_6136f16f87_c.jpg

Tequila tasting at the lighthouse.

41225518501_1babb1cfe0_c.jpg

Thank you 3kidsncats for letting me tag on to your post!

The local tequila stop while shopping after our Cabo Wabo visit.

27351586978_f9b04aa383_c.jpg

The brave souls who stuck around and tried it, clearly having a great time!27351588138_6136f16f87_c.jpg

Tequila tasting at the lighthouse.

41225518501_1babb1cfe0_c.jpg

Thank you 3kidsncats for letting me tag on to your post!

Always!!!! Great shots! Thanks for sharing 😄