I though Symphony was going to have intelligent elevator?

Exactly what are "intelligent elevators". In a normal environment i.e. modern office towers, they are inteligent. i.e. predicting where to do pick ups/drop offs in a logical manner. Because the passengers are somewhat predicatiable

However on a cruise ship, the elevators have to deal with irretianoal behavoir including kids/adults pushing all of the buttons.

So does that mean Harmony has them & is now using them, or are they still testing?

I believe the testing stopped and Harmony is back to using the regular dumb elevator buttons.

Exactly what are "intelligent elevators". In a normal environment i.e. modern office towers, they are inteligent. i.e. predicting where to do pick ups/drop offs in a logical manner. Because the passengers are somewhat predicatiable

However on a cruise ship, the elevators have to deal with irretianoal behavoir including kids/adults pushing all of the buttons.

Good programming can ignore that. But they should be influenced by routine habits such as dinner/pool time or having more elevators on deck 1 when you come back from shore at a port.

I believe the testing stopped and Harmony is back to using the regular dumb elevator buttons.

No sign of them in March on Harmony, forward or aft elevators.

If Royals IT had to set the logic on smart elevators they’d only run bow to stern

Willy Wonka Style.

The intelligent elevators couldn't overcome the button pushing kids on the ship.

Depends on the definition of intelligent elevator and overcome. The intelligent operation doesn't have to be effected by occasional or rare events. They are supposed to look at long term trends.

Depends on the definition of intelligent elevator and overcome. The intelligent operation doesn't have to be effected by occasional or rare events. They are supposed to look at long term trends.

Unless RCI is planning some adult only cruises I suspect I know what the long term trends will be. ;);)

Unless RCI is planning some adult only cruises I suspect I know what the long term trends will be. ;);)

One of my customers is an elevator manufacturer. Probably not one that Royal uses, but I have no way of knowing. Their intelligent operation can be determined by the owner/operator and given a long list of conditional items. They could easily undo all floor selections anytime a given number are pushed inside of any short period of time. As much as it is talked about it here, I have never seen it happen on a cruise ship and rarely seen it on land. They could easily program in many modes. Land elevators can be in a holiday mode when buildings are closed. One that might be useful that I've seen on land, if the elevator detects that there is nobody in the elevator lobby for 1 minute, it cancels the call.

One of my customers is an elevator manufacturer. Probably not one that Royal uses, but I have no way of knowing. Their intelligent operation can be determined by the owner/operator and given a long list of conditional items. They could easily undo all floor selections anytime a given number are pushed inside of any short period of time. As much as it is talked about it here, I have never seen it happen on a cruise ship and rarely seen it on land. They could easily program in many modes. Land elevators can be in a holiday mode when buildings are closed. One that might be useful that I've seen on land, if the elevator detects that there is nobody in the elevator lobby for 1 minute, it cancels the call.

You know Bill, I was sort of makikng a joke about the kids.

So does that mean Harmony has them & is now using them, or are they still testing?

Carnival tried a similar system on the Vista and they also dropped it after only a week or two. I guess it's either too confusing for guests (at least at first), or maybe there are operational or systemic issues.

We happened to be on one of those sailings and I thought the system was pretty nifty, but it WAS pandemonium during embark on the first day. :)