Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

Excellent point. I wonder what outfit. they farmed this website project out to. There must be an obvious drop in online bookings going on right now.

Given HAL's reluctance to pay for print catalogs/ brochures and the postage to mail them to us, HOW, are we supposd to choose any c ruise that may intrest us to book? Huh? No decent web and hard to get brochures What is it t hey are se lling? They seem to want to keep that info from us.

Which genius will be the first to figure out why sales, same peioed, last year to now might be dropping hard? It's hard to sell a product if no one dan see what it isn you are selling.

I cannot believe this fiasco is not negatively impacting ther i cruise, excursion, and pre-cruise sales.

Excellent point. I wonder what outfit. they farmed this website project out to. There must be an obvious drop in online bookings going on right now.
Given HAL's reluctance to pay for print catalogs/ brochues and the postage to mail them to us, HOW, are we supposed to choose any c ruise that may interest us to book? Huh? No decent web and hard to get brochures> What is it t hey are selling? They seem to want to keep that info from us.

Just got my taste of the new Website today when I clicked on the HAL bookmark on Chrome :loudcry:

It is a lot harder to navigate than the old Website and I guess we will have to get used to it.

Fortunately I can still get on the old Website through Edge,don't know how long that will last.

Hopefully HAL will keep the old Website up until they have corrected the deficiency's of their new one.

In case HAL is keeping an eye on this thread, here is my input on why I detest the new website:

• If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Requiring multiple logins to traverse the site during a single visit is bushwah.

• Disguising which controls are links and which are not is user-hostile.

Oh! And while the filling-up-the-ship-with blue is a striking wait-spinner, it smacks of a

ship filling with water as it sinks, no?

The filling-up-the-ship thing has been on the site for quite a while. I had the same thought when I first saw it--the water level is getting too high!

The filling-up-the-ship thing has been on the site for quite a while. I had the same thought when I first saw it--the water level is getting too high!

::nods::

That's why it wasn't a bullet-point.

Nevertheless, if they're changing things, make it blue changing to white...? :D

I tried the website using Safari on my iPhone and the old site came up. I snapped a picture of my mariner status and then tried it on my laptop using Safari....woohoo the old site came up. Printed the page so I have up to date Mariner information...whew.

I had a link to the old HAL site and now cannot find it.

Could someone please posst a link to the old page.

I CANNOT SAY HOW MUCH I hate when I go to HAL and get the NEW sit e. I leave immediately Waste of energy to try to do anything t here.

thanks if someone is will ing/ ab le to help; me.

I imagie there might be others who would appeciate a link.

Edited by sail7seas

I had a link to the old HAL site and now cannot find it.

Could someone please posst a link to the old page.

I CANNOT SAY HOW MUCH I hate when I go to HAL and get the NEW sit e. I leave immediately Waste of energy to try to do anything t here.

thanks if someone is will ing/ ab le to help; me.

I imagie there might be others who would appeciate a link.

Try this link from a google Chrome browser: https://www.hollandamerica.com/

It found the old site and the new promotion that was posted Tuesday of this week, therefore current.

As a matter of fact, none of our phones or computers are showing the new site. It has taken me seven years to successfully navigate the current Holland America web page. :D My hope is that it does not change.

Edited by naskeag
Spelling and clarification

A link from a google Chrome browser: https://www.hollandamerica.com/

As a matter of fact, none of our phones or computers are showing the new site. It has taken me seven years to successfully navigate the current Holland America web page. :D My hope is that it does not change.

Thank you b ut several posters said they had old links and hey are getting the old site....... See # 206 in this thread. :)

Of course, I tried, www. hollandamerica.com, I didn't need google for that. :D

That address takes me to the new hAL site.But I do thank you for trying.

I am trying to get to the old H A L site, that some others are able to access.

Your link does not get me there. Did it get you there?

( to the OLD H AL site? ) :confused:

Thank you b ut several posters said they had old links and hey are getting the old site....... See # 206 in this thread. :)

Your link does not get me there. Did it get you there?

( to the OLD H AL site? ) :confused:

Yes, the link I posted does bring up the old site. I mentioned Google Chrome because it is one of the more secure browsers(not the search engine) one can use, IMOP. Of course you can use Microsoft and Apple browsers as well. They all work from my devices.

I hope this helps.

Yes, the link I posted does bring up the old site. I mentioned Google Chrome because it is one of the more secure browsers(not the search engine) one can use, IMOP. Of course you can use Microsoft and Apple browsers as well. They all work from my devices.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

I use firefox

I had been off the HAL website for a week or so, but when I logged in this afternoon, discovered the same issue others have been chatting about for a while now. I knew if I came here, you would have some info!

Here’s my experience. I don’t know if it will replicate, but hope that it’s helpful.

Using the Chrome browser, I found if I was in private browsing mode (CTRL + ALT + N), it would go to the new site. If I used the regular browser without private mode and typed in hollandamerica.com (without www or https://www. ) it took me to the old site (and from then on, if I didn’t clear cookies, it took me to theold site even with www. or https://www. beforehand).

I was also able to access the old site via Internet Explorer, but only after first accessing the new site. The only thing I did differently was not add www. in front of hollandamerica.com. When I tried that method again, however, it did not pull the old site back up for a few times,but finally did after clearing my browsing history several times. There was no real pattern to getting either site on Internet Explorer.

I am guessing since they’re in the midst of website migration, that it’s hit or miss.

I was able to copy my Mariner Status/History and my Favorites. I had taken quite a bit of time making a Favorites list, so am now relieved I can still access it for price checking, etc.

Have a great day, fellow HAL cruisers!

Thanks,

I use firefox

I can now understand the frustration you and others are having with navigating HAL web site. Earlier today my Safari browser showed only the legacy site. Same this afternoon. The Google Chrome browser gave me both the legacy site and I opened up the new site in another window simultaneously this morning. Firefox only allowed me to view the NEW site this morning; this afternoon Firefox only shows the legacy site. I was playing around with address extensions this morning and now it makes no difference. It would appear the new site is off-line.

When I was able to compare both versions side by side I was impressed with the new interactive graphics; that is about it. I did not log-in because I want my saved passwords to function with the old legacy site. Good luck.

For whatever it's worth, this link does pull up a little Account information on the new site, but there is a note that if you want your cruise history to call the Mariner Society:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/myAccount/ So it looks like they're working on integrating/migrating Account information over to the new site. NOTE: you need to be logged in to access the info, otherwise it will take you to the Log In page. I copied it from the "old" website and pasted it while logged in to the "new" site.

Edited by syesmar
more info

For whatever it's worth, this link does pull up a little Account information on the new site, but there is a note that if you want your cruise history to call the Mariner Society:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/myAccount/ So it looks like they're working on integrating/migrating Account information over to the new site. NOTE: you need to be logged in to access the info, otherwise it will take you to the Log In page. I copied it from the "old" website and pasted it while logged in to the "new" site.

GOOD LINK and it took me to the message you referen ce to call Mariners for cruise history

My log in was retained and my e-mail, password etc appeared.

Thank you, It was a relief to see something familiar on that site.

I appreciate the help you provided, Still a long way to go but a start. :)

I'm still having success today in Google Chrome:

Private Browsing/Incognito Mode accesses the "new" site

Regular Browsing Mode accesses the "old" site

YMMV

I really don't know why this is. Will be glad when it's fully integrated!

I'm still having success today in Google Chrome:

Private Browsing/Incognito Mode accesses the "new" site

Regular Browsing Mode accesses the "old" site

YMMV

YMMV is right! It seems to act differently for different people. A few days ago I got the new site if I used Edge, but today I get the old site whether I use Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, whether or not I use private/incognito mode in any of them!

Just went to the new site. There are not enough words to describe how much I absolutely HATE it.

among all of us if each cotributes a h ate word to de scribe how much we dislike the HAL site, , we just might have enough words to get the point across.......................

DETEST seems like a word to start. :D