Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

Yikes....so I log in and go and try to look at excursions. At this point, I found that when I clicked on "Manage" it made me log in again. After that, the old site came up. Before this, if I hit excursions it showed Juneau to Hilo. Not user friendly!!!!

Take down their web site enttirely and stop paying for owner ship of the site. It is barely useable for anything. Save money and shut it down. Whatever they are paying the techies who set it up is wasted money.

I could make a few more suggestions on ways HAL has yet to save money. Anyone else have any suggestions? I will agree they have been very creative in the cut b acks and things they have eliminated but surely t hey would be happy to have suggestions to save more. :).

Edited by sail7seas

Hopefully they will fix it.....eventually.....or until it costs them revenue by losing cruisers to another company.

Some of the other cruise line web sites also have issues.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Recently got both the Viking and the Crystal River cruise brochures in the mail the same day. What a contrast in image and information they both offered. Crystal was clear and direct and Viking was a total mis-mash of confusing information.

Based on wading through both their promotional brochures and seeing they were both offfering pretty much the same product, the Crystal brochure in its simplicity would have been my choices to pursue on that basis alone.

Are you listening HAL? Clear and direct offering the information the customer wants upfront wins. Confusion and distraction, even if generically pretty, does not make the sale.

Robots........... they don't need cabins, bed,s food, medical care........

STOP wasting money changin The Logo . HAL's long honored Logo was perfectly fine and a waste of money to Remove and replace it on places like ships' funnels. Very pricey to do

Edited by sail7seas

I really can't figure out what's going on. Two days ago I was on the new website and was able to add my flight information to my booking, previously on the new site, any attempts to reach the "check in" portion resulted in 404 (page not found)errors. Today I am back on the old site. Same browser, same computer, I clear my cookies every time I close out. Definitely a work in progress.

In case HAL is keeping an eye on this thread, here is my input on why I detest the new website:

• If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Requiring multiple logins to traverse the site during a single visit is bushwah.

• Disguising which controls are links and which are not is user-hostile.

Oh! And while the filling-up-the-ship-with blue is a striking wait-spinner, it smacks of a

ship filling with water as it sinks, no?

I am surprised that HAL does not simply lift the websites from one of their corporate cousins like Princess or Carnival. Then change the nomenclature and add a module or two where required.

At the very least they would be starting with something that works.

A well engineered web site is truly a revenue generator and a money saver. Every cruise booked on their web sites save them 20 percent or more in commissions. Likewise effective FAQ's and design will reduce the number of phone calls this reducing headcount. Not to mention people like us who have simply stopped tuning into HAL's website.

It really makes me shake my head and wonder what transpires in the executive suite at HAL.

I have a quick question....

Has it been possible to put a courtesy hold on a cruise on the new web-site.

I am not sure I saw that?

My husband finally called our TA, but by the time she was able to look at our request, the so-called Seas the Day was over, and some slightly higher pricing came out. So, we missed a hold on the lower fare. Darn!

I am getting the old web-site now, and I am seeing the option for courtesy hold.

Wish I had tried harder to do a courtesy hold online....

Today I'm getting a hybrid. First you go to the new site but after you log in and click around in "My Account" it sends you to the old interface where you have to log in again. Progress! This is actually better than it's been! ;p

STOP wasting money changin The Logo . HAL's long honored Logo was perfectly fine...

Agree 100% ! The original logo with the small ship in front was iconic and worth a thousand words. The "new" logo

is generic and looks like it could belong to any cruise line. :(

I still have a chat window showing up... so I would recommend checking your browser settings to make sure you haven't disabled pop up windows. I use Edge. It could be a browser thing as well.
The new site does not even have a place to choose "Chat", therefore you are still on the old site. Edited by catl331

I'm bummed out about the new website. It's now like a lot of the other competitors' where itineraries seem to be the least important thing. Just a lot of commotion on the website and hard to see where you'll be going. ("List view" is somewhat better than "map view," though still hard to take in at a glance.)

I doubt I'll be searching for cruises on HAL's site. I'll use other travel websites that show itineraries in a more compact way. Of course, that will lead me to cruises with other companies as well. Too bad, HAL.

Yikes....so I log in and go and try to look at excursions. At this point, I found that when I clicked on "Manage" it made me log in again. After that, the old site came up. Before this, if I hit excursions it showed Juneau to Hilo. Not user friendly!!!!

Yep. We were trying to book excursions the other night and finally threw our hands in the air and gave up. Guess I'll never know how fabulous HAL's ExcTours are because we booked tours with well-regarded local vendors whose websites actually work.

I wouldn't be too harsh on HAL for their website. We've been doing Celebrity since last fall and their site has it's own set of odd things that don't work. I called their CS and was told that they knew about it for months and still can't get it corrected.

I wouldn't be too harsh on HAL for their website. We've been doing Celebrity since last fall and their site has it's own set of odd things that don't work. I called their CS and was told that they knew about it for months and still can't get it corrected.

Because another cruise line has an awful l web site does no t excus e HA LIMO

To be located in Seattle, home of Micro soft makes it inexcusable IMO

Because another cruise line has an awful l web site does no t excus e HA LIMO

To be located in Seattle, home of Micro soft makes it inexcusable IMO

Excellent point. I wonder what outfit. they farmed this website project out to. There must be an obvious drop in online bookings going on right now.

Because another cruise line has an awful l web site does no t excus e HAL

IMO To be located in Seattle, home of Micro soft makes it inexcusable IMO

Doubtful there is a lack of tech experts for them to hire.

Why doesn't HAL run a spectacular event and invite Mr.Gates to be seated at Mr. Ashfords' right ?:) They could have a great workjing dinner.

Edited by sail7seas

Because another cruise line has an awful l web site does no t excus e HAL

IMO To be located in Seattle, home of Micro soft makes it inexcusable IMO

Doubtful there is a lack of tech experts for them to hire.

Why doesn't HAL run a spectacular event and invite Mr.Gates to be seated at Mr. Ashfords' right ?:) They could have a great workjing dinner.

I wasn't trying to excuse HAL just pointing out other lines had website issues too.

Being in Seattle the home of Microsoft doesn't really mean anything. Websites cost money to run and maintain. Clearly HAL and many other cruise lines don't consider the cost of having a stellar website an important cost item. It's a business decision and you can see what they think of it.

I have never booked a cruise off a website. Probably never will unless I'm forced to. Though we do buy all our flights off a website. So who knows things can change.:confused:

Lack of tech experts to hire? Nope. What they want to pay those experts is probably way less than what they can get at other jobs.

Does HAL contract for their own website development package or do they get this done by CCL?

Who on earth got the work to create this total mess and who is going to be held accountable for the obvious loss of sales and good will this has generated.