Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

Check your points.

I just checked ours and they dropped 5 spending points from our last cruise (24 day Westerdam) from 8 down to 3.

HC and laundry alone gets you 3 points on a 24 day cruise. We had another 2 points worth of excursions (still have the confirmation e-mails), Did cellar masters and specialty restaurants, another point and I haven't even bought a drink yet. I sent in a request to get the points back.

They removed 6 "cruise days" from my account also, any suggestions? We were also on a Westerdam 24 night cruise.. I still have my final invoice to prove the dollar amount spent [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you Sail! I just emailed that department, (it was actually 5 days that was removed) I will keep you posted! I wonder if Choppertester was on the same cruise I was [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

HAL does not seem to be exhibiting any sernse of urgency and it just goes on and on and on. Open the checbook and hire some competent techhies. Show some respect for your 'valued customeromers I wonder how m long gthery think we wil put up wITH this incompetence/?

Email Survey

Anyone else get a survey by Email today? Here’s what mine said: “Holland America Line is currently evaluating our website. In order to ensure that our web experience is as engaging and useful as possible, we ask that you provide your feedback about your recent experience on (website link to HAL) by completing a brief survey.”

Looks like they’re reaching out for customer feedback. Good luck!

I was recently graced with the new website. It will take some getting used to, so I set out to explore. I'm not sure this is good or bad, but the cruise I want for next year is now $NAN per person. Only 3 characters, so maybe it is a good thing.

Tried a mock booking on the new website.

Took 10 minutes of frustrated trying to get it to offer anything except an inside cabin.

As someone who actually designed and implemented websites for a living, HAL's new

website smacks of a student project rather than a professional product.

Edited by Haboob
Fixed spellcheck auto-corrupt.

I was recently graced with the new website. It will take some getting used to, so I set out to explore. I'm not sure this is good or bad, but the cruise I want for next year is now $NAN per person. Only 3 characters, so maybe it is a good thing.

"NaN" is a special value returned by a floating-point arithmetic hardware when

confronted by bad data -- e.g. when figuring total fare as "x" passengers times

"y" fare per passenger, but told "x" = 2 and "y" = blank.

You said what? :eek: Huh?

You said what? :eek: Huh?

Programmer:

Total fare = {# of passengers} x {price per passenger}

Computer:

OK

Programmer:

What's the price for 2 passengers?

Computer:

"NaN" = "Not a Number" = "You didn't tell me the price per passenger. :rolleyes:"

Well, DANG DANG DANG, I was graced with the new horrible website today on Firefox. and I HATE IT! Beware, this is a rant.

I have a cruise in 5 weeks and I can not even find where my stateroom is listed. (I have to keep checking, I am still on Guarantee) Now I can not even check to see if I got assigned a cabin. That page is just gone. My other big rant .... Now I have to sign in every time I click to to go from page to page to attempt to find what I need. That is totally ridiculous since I am already signed in. WHY OH WHY did they do this ????? I did not like the old version either it was also very clunky, but I started to be able to find what I need (barely) I am not the type to call when I am "normally" perfectly capable of navigating a website on my own. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh, and they have also given me a roommate. I am a woman traveling solo and now I have a male roommate, John Jones. Too funny!

Well, DANG DANG DANG, I was graced with the new horrible website today on Firefox. and I HATE IT! Beware, this is a rant.

I have a cruise in 5 weeks and I can not even find where my stateroom is listed. (I have to keep checking, I am still on Guarantee) Now I can not even check to see if I got assigned a cabin. That page is just gone. My other big rant .... Now I have to sign in every time I click to to go from page to page to attempt to find what I need. That is totally ridiculous since I am already signed in. WHY OH WHY did they do this ????? I did not like the old version either it was also very clunky, but I started to be able to find what I need (barely) I am not the type to call when I am "normally" perfectly capable of navigating a website on my own. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh, and they have also given me a roommate. I am a woman traveling solo and now I have a male roommate, John Jones. Too funny!

I hope he turns out to be cute! :p

I didn't get the email, but so far I haven't been "given" the new site, so I wouldn't expect to be asked to give feedback. All I can say is give 'em hell, people!!

We were blessed also this morning on Firefox with the newer version of HALS website. Told DH about the suggestions everyone made and he deleted the cookies and was able to get the old version back. The only thing he liked about it was the pictures were larger, but that really didn't improve the new version.

Please don't spoil my fun.

We were blessed also this morning on Firefox with the newer version of HALS website. Told DH about the suggestions everyone made and he deleted the cookies and was able to get the old version back. The only thing he liked about it was the pictures were larger, but that really didn't improve the new version.

I tried that. I removed all cookies related to HAL. I still get the new website past the initial page and still have to sign in at every change of page.

I do not sail HAL often and I will not be in any hurry to come back after my upcoming cruise. After this cruise, I doubt I will even visit the HAL website. This frustration does not make a happy cruiser.

Most pimped up website I have ever seen. Could they fit in more slide downs, slide ups, and other annoyances if they wanted to?

A dummy booking attempt never said that only guarantee ocean view cabins were available. The ocean view cabin drawing shows the bed under the window, the photo shows it against an inside bulkhead.

Maybe the website is supposed to appeal to a younger crowd or one that doesn't care about accuracy.

A dummy booking attempt never said that only guarantee ocean view cabins were available. The ocean view cabin drawing shows the bed under the window, the photo shows it against an inside bulkhead.

The old website had similar distinctions - and similar disclaimers, which you apparently overlooked in your appraisal.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.