Conquest Review -- 6 day/March/Nassau-HMC-GTurk-Amber Cove

brookeq

Following along. Doing this same cruise in 30 days. Nice to hear about the lights for night bathroom runs. LoL Did the lack of outlets become and issue ? just thinking of the devices that need charging we will be bringing. If you think of anything you should have brought but did not can you add it somewhere.

Thanks Matt

We had our multi charging unit be bought from amazon. So we could charge everything at once. The only time the outlet became an issue was when we needed to charge our items and I need to use the hair dryer. :) We have a multi outlet plug we usually bring bring for cruises but I couldn't find it and never picked up another one.

I wish i would have brought my soft cooler (six pack size). I could have kept more cans of pop cool and taken it up on deck with us. I had it out to pack and then took it out last minute for some reason.

Day 2 – Nassau

I was up early so I decided to go for a run up on the top deck. I was up there just in time for sunrise.

fnhl38.jpg[/img]

Looks like its going to be a nice day.

I also stopped in the gym (didn’t take any pictures). It was your standard cruise ship gym and it was busy.

After the gym I walked thru the lido buffet and there were no lines. I could see Nassau ahead.

I headed back to the room to wake up the husband.

By the time we got back up there it was busy! I decided to head the taco line and get some huevos rancheros. No line of course. They were delicious. Husband checked out the buffet and wanted an omelet but he was impatient and ended up with the same thing as me. He really like them too. We also had the arepas (cheese bread).

2ztag5u.jpg[/img]

There were three ships scheduled to be in Nassau today. We were the 2nd ship to arrive and the Disney Wonder was right behind us. We ended up parked the furthest away. You could see Atlantis in the distance

2aes37c.jpg[/img]

Edited by brookeq
spacing

We got off the ship at 9:15. It was a nice day.

wtsto0.jpg[/img]

I have been to Nassau before and my husband wasn’t really interested in being here. We decided to walk to the fort and Queen’s staircase on our own. Then walk to Junakanoo Beach.

I printed a small map ahead of time and we were off on our own.

It was easy to get around and no one bothered us once we left the cruise area. A lot of people complain about the people being pushy but we didn’t experience that. (Of course I did not enter the straw market ) A simple no thank you was all that was needed.

It is an uphill walk to the fort. We passed some government buildings on the way.

2n7jazt.jpg[/img]

Eventually we reached the fort. There was a fee to go inside it but it didn’t look like much was in it.

2uqkw0z.jpg[/img]

The Queen’s Staircase was just next to the fort so we headed there next. There was a man at the start of the walk who asked if we wanted a guide. We just said no thanks. We were the only people there.

33msjn6.jpg[/img]

Edited by brookeq
spacing

We decided to head to the beach next. It was easy to find. We saw this sign on the way.

1zgyjh4.jpg[/img]

It was still early when we arrived at the beach. Maybe like 10am. It wasn’t too busy yet. When you arrive someone will ask you if want a chair/umbrella and will tell you about their food/drink specials. I did notice that once you were approached the other companies left you alone. They all seemed to have a system. But just from listening to different vendors there where different prices. We just sat our towels down and didn’t rent anything.

2ni46qg.jpg[/img]

I got right in the water. There was a bit of seaweed/grass. But you could avoid it. I didn’t think the water was cold but all of the men including my husband did. Once you got in you used to it and the water was pretty clear.

Before the trip we bought an underwater case for our Iphoneso we tried it out. It took us until the last day to realize that we should treat it like a snorkel mask and spit on the lens area to keep it from fogging up. Sigh.

a1o7qb.jpg[/img]

There wasn’t anything to see in the water but there is this large pipe/tube under there so watch out.

wryqe8.jpg[/img]

Edited by brookeq
spacing

We got off the ship at 9:15. It was a nice day.

wtsto0.jpg[/img]

I have been to Nassau before and my husband wasn’t really interested in being here. We decided to walk to the fort and Queen’s staircase on our own. Then walk to Junakanoo Beach.

I printed a small map ahead of time and we were off on our own.

It was easy to get around and no one bothered us once we left the cruise area. A lot of people complain about the people being pushy but we didn’t experience that. (Of course I did not enter the straw market ) A simple no thank you was all that was needed.

It is an uphill walk to the fort. We passed some government buildings on the way.

2n7jazt.jpg[/img]

Eventually we reached the fort. There was a fee to go inside it but it didn’t look like much was in it.

2uqkw0z.jpg[/img]

The Queen’s Staircase was just next to the fort so we headed there next. There was a man at the start of the walk who asked if we wanted a guide. We just said no thanks. We were the only people there.

33msjn6.jpg[/img]

Been to Nassau so many times and not one of my favorite but have never walk or been to that fort. Finally something new to do as I love exploring on foot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There were rentals at this beach. One family rented a stand up paddle board. And another family rented one of those water bikes. So there is a rental place somewhere. There was also a small water trampoline. Later some music came on but it wasn’t too loud where we were sitting. And a game of beach volleyball started.

We went on the little pier and took a picture so there would be no people would be in the background. We ended up buying one of those gorilla pod tripods and we used it a ton this trip. We just hooked it on the sign at the pier and got our picture.

mt9mw2.jpg[/img]

You can see the cruise ships from this beach. (and you can see the trampoline too)

fdw1lt.jpg[/img]

It turns out I had been to this beach in college on Spring Break many, MANY, years ago. :)

30ic7s9.jpg[/img]

Edited by brookeq
spacing

Ok onto the review.

Fort Lauderdale:

We always leave a day early for our cruises and this was no exception. Since we booked late we didn’t have many choices for flights so we had a late flight. We left Pittsburgh with no problems and arrived in Fort Lauderdale around midnight.

Before leaving, We had a hard time finding a hotel at a price we wanted to pay. We would be arriving late and just using the room to sleep in. We decided to airbnb it. We found a cute little studio villa with 2 beds, a bathroom, fridge, etc. It was clean and under $100. We took a short UBER ride there with no problems. It seemed like it was in a nice area. There was nice mall a block or two a way with the Cheesecake Factory,Capital Grill and other more expensive chain type restaurants. The beach was only a few minutes away but we didn’t make it there this trip.

20pa4vp.jpg[/img]

We walked down the road to the Publix and got our cans of pop to take on the boat (soda as everyone else calls it). Carnival gave us the time of 12:30 to arrive at the pier. We had to check out at 11 so we just sat on the lounge chairs on the grounds and enjoyed the sun for a bit.

wqwiuw.jpg[/img]

Great review! The Air BnB looks like a nice option.

I grew up on Lake Erie so we call carbonated beverages pop too:D. I know parts of OH, MI and Ontario do, but the other day I saw it from a Seattle poster.

2ni46qg.jpg[/img]

I got right in the water. There was a bit of seaweed/grass. But you could avoid it. I didn’t think the water was cold but all of the men including my husband did. Once you got in you used to it and the water was pretty clear.

You got some really great pictures!

We were warned that the water would be cold for our trip at the beginning of March. It was cool, but I didn't find it that bad even then.

Here is a panorma picture my husband took from the little concrete pier

2qste1f.jpg[/img]

By 12:00 the place was getting busy. We stayed a bit until we were hungry. We were going to get something at one of the stands but hubby wasn’t feeling it and wanted to go back to the ship for lunch.

Overall we enjoyed our day. We knew we had two good beach days coming up so we didn’t want to spend too much money finding a better place. This was easy to get to, the water was nice. The sand leading into the water was clean. The sand back a bit could be cleaned up. It’s a “city” type beach so its not quiet. You will hear cars and noises from the streets. Ambulances went buy twice. But it didn’t bother me. My husbands only complaint was there was dumpster of garbage right there.

14mxt9g.jpg[/img]

I was happy with our day. It would have bothered me not to get off the ship. So we got off, did a few things and then headed back to enjoy the ship a bit since we only had one sea day.

Here is a picture of our ship on the way back.

15z05rr.jpg[/img]

Edited by brookeq
spacing

When we got back on board we headed up to get some lunch. It wasn’t busy at all.

I decided to try the deli. Here is picture of the new menu.

zv7ho4.jpg[/img]

All of the sandwiches were pre-assembled and then put them in a toaster (kind of like subways but it seemed a bit nicer). This line never moved very quick. The guy working here was the only person ont he ship that we ran into that wasn’t very friendly. And he was always here. You could order a sandwich the way you wanted if you didn’t want the way it was on the menu. Every sandwich we got at the deli was very good. But they are huge!

Today I got a BLT. The bacon was good quality bacon. I thought the bread was good too. I asked for cheese and he put it on no problem. I can’t have a sandwich without some kind of cheese.

sgsj8o.jpg[/img]

My husband got the special of the day which was a Tiki Marsala chicken sandwich. He loved it and wish they had it every day.

2w6icsj.jpg[/img]

I got fries with my meal but they were not good at all. And neither one of us cared for the chocolate cookie. They were dry and not very good.

Just a note… the deli line starts at both ends. No need to stand in a line if the other side is empty. (The guy will wait on two people at time though if one side is longer---seems fair).

I didn’t realize that the deli sandwiches would be so big and while I was waiting for our sandwiches I sent my husband to get some pizza. He got the quattro formaggio for me(with some cheese from the buffet—he knows me so well!)

28grnzp.jpg[/img]

and pepperoni for him. Both were good. The line for pizza this cruise always seemed a bit long then my past cruises for the most part.

117frzb.jpg[/img]

I checked out the dessert station of the buffet and tried a few things. I only liked the Napolean.

After lunch we headed up to the serenity deck and got one of the clam shell chairs. We loved thes erenity deck this cruise. We spent a lot of time there. Today we fell asleep on it.

1441ov4.jpg[/img]

Got our first drink of the cruise. The serenity area has its own bar. For some reason I never tried the Kiss on the Lips drink so I got that. Yum.

2uf3o7r.jpg[/img]

We used the time to call the kids. My Husband purchased a $50 package thru our phone company so we could call home and text the kids. They were having a great time with Grandma and my sister they didn’t even want to talk.

They also have hammocks and nice padded loungers up here. And padded couches.

dq0hm0.jpg[/img]

Here is a view of the pool area from the serenity deck. (later in day after Bahamas. You can see its getting busy again) You can sort of see the different levels. There are chairs around the main pool (which is closed for some reason. This happened at least twice). Then there are different levels up to the next pool and slides. I kind of liked this set up.

abghs2.jpg[/img]

At some point we moved to the aft pool area. They had strawberry frozen yogurt today so we had to stop. We got in the hot tub back there. Water was a good temperature but man that thing was rough! The jets were really strong and made it uncomfortable to sit and then they would just splash water all over your face. Even my husband was getting water all over his face and he is over 6 feet tall.

The Aft pool was Adults Only on this cruise. There was an employee there to enforce it. I never noticed the signs that said the pool was adults only. Carnival had “lifeguards” at the pool but they don’t watch the pool as closely as a real lifeguard would. Its just a person with a walkie talkie.

I forgot to mention that the aft pool has the covering for bad weather. The first day they did cover it – I think it was a practice run. It didn’t stay covered long. It got a little stuffy when they did that. Here is a quick picture I took.

2uorvo4.jpg[/img]

I am not sure what would happen if it was rainy sea day and it was covered. Would it still be adults only?

We also played some shuffleboard. Its up on the deck with the walking/running course. There is a wooden closet up there with the equipment.

21nkv7k.jpg[/img]

Tonight was formal night so we got dressed up.

2s8fgis.jpg[/img]

We got some pictures taken. (we only bought one)

They have tons of backgrounds. Here 3 examples. But there were at least 10 choices.

20jmy3b.jpg[/img]

20z7e3o.jpg[/img]

2j5aq6h.jpg[/img]

There were some none cruise backgrounds available and some that looked like paintings to me. We just did these ones.

I hate some of the cheesy poses they make you do. But we do get a good laugh at them later.

The conquest did not print pictures for you to find. They were all stored electronically. You went to one of these big screens or as mall ipad screen and you put in your folio number from your sail and sign card and all of your pictures came up. (they are also on your hub app). This was nice. The photographers just ask for your room number when they take your picture. They get uploaded fairly quickly.

25ils8l.jpg[/img]

Carnival does have packages you can buy. I didn't want to spend $100 or photos. I got two photos and just paid for the digital download. They download right to your phone.

We stopped and watched the girls play the violins. They were named Allure Strings. They were pretty popular this cruise. (pretty girls/good music) We enjoyed them and watched them again when we had the chance. If you see them in your fun times check them out. They have background music of popular songs that they play the violin and cello to. They are moving to the Breeze later this year I think.

a11qhz.jpg[/img]

Here is a picture of the hanging sunflower that is outside one of the other dining rooms. I thought was pretty.

2zr2q35.jpg[/img]

Edited by brookeq
spacing

Dinner was good. Here are the menus. I didn’t take many pictures.

2drhom.jpg[/img]

2dch4w5.jpg[/img]

I had the wedding soup for an appetizer it was ok. I don’t remember what my husband had.

For Dinner I had the flat iron steak…I don’t really like lobster and nothing jumped out at me. Steak was cooked how I asked and I enjoyed it. My husband had the lobster. For Dessert I had the melting cake and my husband tried the chocolate hazelnut cake. He liked it but likes the melting cake much better.

15znlsn.jpg[/img]

After dinner we changed and headed up to the pool to watch the movie the Greatest Showman. It was extremely windy and was impossible to watch.

We decided to call it a night and headed back to the room. It was a little bumpy of a ride. So our room was a bit loud. This made me nervous. I didn’t want to miss half moon cay the next day.

2059jzd.jpg[/img]

Next up Day 3. But first I will post the fun times.

wjyj5i.jpg[/img]

nmjojl.jpg[/img]

That is probably all I have for today. I will try to upload more pictures to the hosting site and get more posted this tomorrow/ this weekend. But I will still be around if anyone has any questions.

Not sure if you knew this but you can subscribe to the thread without writing a post and you will be notified every time a post is made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I've been on CC for years, so yes, I know this. But as a fellow writer of reviews, I know how important it is for comments from readers letting us know that they are following along. But thanks for your snarky- while- pretending- to- be- helpful comment.

I've been on CC for years, so yes, I know this. But as a fellow writer of reviews, I know how important it is for comments from readers letting us know that they are following along. But thanks for your snarky- while- pretending- to- be- helpful comment.
watermelonqueen99, I am sorry you took offense to my comment, it certainly wasn't meant to be snarky, it was meant to enlighten you should you not be aware of this.

Had I wanted to be snarky as you stated I would have come right out and done so...I don't need to hide behind any facade.

Happy Sailing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Love reading your review. We are on our first cruise NEXT WEEK I can’t believe it I’m beyond excited( taking the kids though ) but wow kid free time is precious. I’m already planting the seed for my 40th in a few years time!! I have a feeling I am going to become addicted to cruising

Love reading your review. We are on our first cruise NEXT WEEK I can’t believe it I’m beyond excited( taking the kids though ) but wow kid free time is precious. I’m already planting the seed for my 40th in a few years time!! I have a feeling I am going to become addicted to cruising

A cruise is a great family vacation. If you look in my signature below our last three cruises were with our kids. (The pictures are no longer there because the photo hosting site changed its rules :(

But cruises were our best family vacations because there is something for everyone so everyone is happy. Some night we ate as a family and some nights the kids ate with the kids club and we had some adult time and saw a show. The kids didn't want to do the walking in San Juan last cruise so they stayed with the kids club and we went to the forts without them. Its a good mix of family time and adult time.