Holland sailing out of Los Angeles?

DaveOKC

I am looking at a HAL cruise of out Los Angeles on Jan 7. Can anyone tell me where the pier will be (I am guessing Long Beach or San Pedro) and what hotels would be nearby (prefer Marriott or Hyatt properties).

DaveOKC

Nearest large hotels are Doubletree by Hilton, 2800 Via Cabrillo Marina, San Pedro 90731 and Crown Plaza, 601 S. Palo Verdes St. San Pedro. Nearest Marriott properties about 5 miles away in Long Beach.

HAL has used Long Beach (by the Queen Mary) for many years, and currently the travel agent res system for HAL shows that the Amsterdam will be in Long Beach on January 7, 2019 to start a 15 day Panama Canal trip to Ft Lauderdale. Is that your cruise ?

HAL has used Long Beach (by the Queen Mary) for many years, and currently the travel agent res system for HAL shows that the Amsterdam will be in Long Beach on January 7, 2019 to start a 15 day Panama Canal trip to Ft Lauderdale. Is that your cruise ?

Amsterdam is paying the Port of LA for dockage on Jan 7, and there is no 3rd ship

that day, so the Amsterdam will be at the World Cruise Center in San Pedro, either

in Berth #92 or #93 (they have not publicly assigned berths for 2019 yet)

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-calendar

Thats it! I have a room booked at the Residence Inn about 1 mile away. Also considering staying at the Marriott Centric in the heart of Long Beach. Either would be close to the pier it seems (if in Long Beach not San Pedro).

• 1 month later...
Hi DaveOKC, I have a question about transportation from Long Beach Airport to cruise ship terminal. Will it be easy to take Uber or taxi? Or should we pay for Holland’s shuttle bus?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Uber or Lyft. Airport is freeway close and with no traffic it’s about 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it would now be unusual for HAL to sail from Long Beach. There is only one berth and Carnival is using it about 5 days per week. In particular, January 7 is a Monday and Carnival Inspiration is there. I[m pretty sure it would violate the PVSA for Inspiration to divert to San Pedro.

Roy

I[m pretty sure it would violate the PVSA for Inspiration to divert to San Pedro.
I thought San Pedro and Long Beach were both considered "Port of Los Angeles", just different piers. Regardless, I agree with you that it is most likely that the Inspiration will be at Long Beach and the Amsterdam will be at San Pedro.

edit: THIS SCHEDULE says Amsterdam will be at the World Cruise Center, which is San Pedro.

Edited by catl331

Nearest large hotels are Doubletree by Hilton, 2800 Via Cabrillo Marina, San Pedro 90731 and Crown Plaza, 601 S. Palo Verdes St. San Pedro. Nearest Marriott properties about 5 miles away in Long Beach.

We have stayed at both of these hotels more than once and they are both very nice. Try to get one of them, they are both 3 1/2 stars, on Priceline.

Both cater to cruise ship passengers.

Port of Los Angeles and Port of Long Beach are two different entities.

Port of Long Beach Occupies the East Side of San Pedro Bay whereas POLA has the West Side.

Combined, they are the biggest Port Complex in the Western hemisphere.

Port of LB: http://polb.com/

Port of LA: https://www.portoflosangeles.org/idx_about.asp

-Curtis (Long Beach Guy)

HAL will be using an overflow dock in San Pedro this Dec for MS Amsterdam

because the World Cruise Center will be full that day.

She will dock at Pier 46 in the "Outer Harbor" at the foot of Miner St, some

2 miles S of the WCC.

BTW, Princess quotes Pier 46 and Pier 54 as overflow docks.

HAL will be using an overflow dock in San Pedro this Dec for MS Amsterdam

because the World Cruise Center will be full that day.

She will dock at Pier 46 in the "Outer Harbor" at the foot of Miner St, some

2 miles S of the WCC.

BTW, Princess quotes Pier 46 and Pier 54 as overflow docks.

How about the Jan 7 sailing of the Amsterdam?