2 newbie questions :-)

Noworries21

Its my first Cruise... on Victory- /Miami - Cozumel 4 days only/ and i have 2 questions:)

1. Im not big Internet fan but maybe i need to use pc to check smth on web... i dont have any PC on trip ... it is possible to use any public computers for free without any Internet plan (Victory)

2. Embarkation starts 11:30 and ends 2:00 pm , better to be earlier? I have FasterToFun already bought.

THX!

There are computers, but they are often tied up for long periods of time. No free internet access (except direct to Carnival's own website). So you would still have to buy a plan.

With FTTF you will want to board early. You can go right to your room, drop anything you carry on, and go and eat before it gets too crazy busy with people.

Then while everyone else is crowding in to eat, you can go relax somewhere or work on starting to unpack.

I am definitely of the mindset of getting on early. We don't have to get FTTF since I am Platinum. But I certainly count embarkation day as another day of my cruise and want to get the most out of it. Getting on early means you can get up to Lido and grab food before things get to crazy. Plus I LOVE people watching on day one and exploring the ship a bit.

Alright, so i will check wifi plans and i will try to get on board on the 11:30 :)

Also ... what means "Lido" ? :)

And smth new came up... on the website during checkin i have 2 options - open account with CC or Cash - i would like to use cash... so i choose cash and i need prepaid on the start?

Alright, so i will check wifi plans and i will try to get on board on the 11:30 :)

And smth new came up... on the website during checkin i have 2 options - open account with CC or Cash - i would like to use cash... so i choose cash and i need prepaid on the start?

its so much faster to use wifi in ports. do you absolutely have to do daily wifi? its like dial up speed and expensive, and you have to pay a small fee just to sign up for a small amt of time.

i use the wifi in ports, not sure which ports you have, if you say i can probably suggest where to go. coffee shops for instance, or a bar, there will be signs, buy a drink get free wifi etc.

ok, i scrolled up and you will be in cozumel. right across from the port is a building about 4 stories with red on the front, righth across from the port. I bring my tablet and go there. ac on. its maybe $5 for a hour of wifi. i think there was a coffee shop with wifi if you bought coffee in the port, but i like the a/c on in the wifi little place, its right downstairs to the right.

downtown cozumel has free wifi, but you will need your own device. i got this tablet for $77 and works fine. downtown is at least a mile walk from the carnival dock. sometimes its full and they dock elsewhere, but the dock that belongs to carnival, the wifi building is right across the street, so cross the street and look for a 4 ish story building that has red on the front, best place imo

lido is the main deck, about deck 9 on a lot of ships, its where the main pool is and the FOOD. maybe a place like serenity. there is food on other decks, but its a main place to start.

i think cash is a pain, i use a credit card, and just pay. dont forget if you own 100 shares of carnival stock you can get free onboard credit. plus i often get a booking credit, so i start with a credit.

Lido is a deck. Each deck on the ship has a name, Riveria, Main, Upper, Lido, etc.

The lido deck on the ships is one of the main action areas. This is where the buffet is (where you eat when you board), pools, bars, etc.

Yes, you can select cash, and then make a cash deposit when you check in. Once you have exhausted your first cash deposit though, you will need to go down to guest services and put more money on your account or your sail and sign card will not work for any other purchases.

PS: Your sail and sign card is the card that is your room key and it is how you buy everything on board the ship (no cash). It works for the bars, in the stores, at the coffee shop, etc.

Personally, I find using a credit card the easiest way to go. No having to go to guest services to add money to account or stand in line there at end of cruise to settle up account. It’s just on my card, and I pay bill once home. Easy peasy. Plus, I earn double reward points using my Carnival Mastercard. My next cruise was nearly paid in full just using my reward points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LIDO DECK is where the buffet us.

Cash- you visit the pursers desk and place your cash since you have FTTF you will use the shorter line.

You do not have to prepay that-- you have 24 hours after you board to place your cash- you can still spend in that first 24 hours

i think cash is a pain, i use a credit card, and just pay. dont forget if you own 100 shares of carnival stock you can get free onboard credit. plus i often get a booking credit, so i start with a credit.

alright, and can anyone explain how this 100 shares works?

There is a coffee shop at the Carnival port in Cozumel. Buy a drink and they will give you the password for their wifi.

You need to purchase 100 shares of Carnival stock. Then you get on board credit. The amount you would receive depends on how many days each cruise is. Right now the 100 shares would cost you around $6500.

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ccl

Personally, I find using a credit card the easiest way to go. No having to go to guest services to add money to account or stand in line there at end of cruise to settle up account. It’s just on my card, and I pay bill once home. Easy peasy. Plus, I earn double reward points using my Carnival Mastercard. My next cruise was nearly paid in full just using my reward points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

idk about victory, but probably has a kiosk across from customer service to add cash to your acct.

conquest class, there is a red kiosk right across from the shops that sell booze and cigarettes i use to check my sign and sail card. It also will print it out. I have caught mistakes by checking it, so i always check. its less crowded than the kiosk by customer service, but again i dont remember triumph having it there or not, same class as victory, have only done triumph about 5 times or more, not victory.

alright, and can anyone explain how this 100 shares works?

you fax or snail mail proof to a customer service carnival address last time. my pvp used to do it, now she cant.

$50 for my 4/5 day cruises, $100 for 7, i think it goes up to $250 on a 2 week, like the partial panama transit out of galveston end of oct i got my eye on. might be only $200. i get rcl and carnival kinda mixed up, its at least $200 obc.

if you booked early saver and price drops after final payment they also give you obc.

cruising alone, i get to spend all the obc :)

i also used to do that buy future cruise certificates but now they only let you book in advance onboard to get that credit, but its about the same amount as owning stock and carnival lets you combine.