2 Free perks not showing as free on the Celebrity website.

2chiefs

I thought the same thing but after I added the perks, the final page subtracted $600 (my perks were $300 pp)

Check a non Celebrity site and the prices are $300 pp more but they don't subtract the money at the end so the result is the same.

It's just a weird way of doing it as well as a bit misleading.

One should not be complacent regarding the perks on offer. Sometimes they are complimentary sometimes they are not. One way of ascertain if they are complimentary or not is to do a dummy booking with perks and one without. Currently on most cruises I have been looking at the perks appear complimentary but the cruise costs are escalating almost on a daily basis as the cruises full up and are becoming in more demand.

I tried it again and it makes no difference. The page comes up with two "free" perks and then proceeds to add $450 per person for those "free" perks.

Is the type of cabin making any difference?

I never get the perks "free" with the resident rate discount. It always trumps.

The "free" perks are not really free....if you want the "perks", you pay the lower price and pay for the perks or you pay the higher price including the perks.

Sounds like you might be looking at a sailing under their Xciting Deals promotion. That’s the only time I’ve been able to replicate your experience.

And given X’s website I’ll blame this in their incompetence rather than a scam.

We booked recently with TA on a special rate and were not eligible for the two “free perks.” Our price was so low that I’m not about to complain. We can’t possibly spend in drinks and food what we saved in rate from original prices. Our TA told me whet he rates hit bottom the perks are a costly add-on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I tried it again and it makes no difference. The page comes up with two "free" perks and then proceeds to add $450 per person for those "free" perks.

I think the perks are added to the actual booking price and then discounted before final payment, if I recall correctly. I just looked at the invoice for our current booking and that's how the 'free' perks are handled. Hope that helps.

This is not an isolated case. We also noticed that the price of the perks was added on when trying to book a cruise where free perks were being offered. We called Celebrity only to be told that it is a problem, but the amount showing is correct. In other words, they have an issue with their website that they cannot readily fix. I believe it to be false advertising but do not know really what laws they are bound by. Since I decided not to book the cruise I was originally looking at which had the free perks, I did not pursue this further. But, it should be pursued because some have said that if you refuse the perks, the price of the cabin goes down. If that is true, then the perks are not free and again, that is false advertising.

But, it should be pursued because some have said that if you refuse the perks, the price of the cabin goes down. If that is true, then the perks are not free and again, that is false advertising.

In my case the price was say $1,000 pp. If I didn't add the perks it was $1,000 pp when I checked out. But, if I added the perks it jumped to $1,300 BUT, when I checked out they deducted the $300 and brought the total back to $1,00 so they were "free".

So, there was no false advertising, just an incredibly confusing website.