What broadway play?

George C

Appears we can now look at booking our annual Memorial Day weekend in New York City , I had never been away from New York City this long in my life previous longest time was a year and it will be three years in May. 

On 3/3/2022 at 1:57 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Many people who have medical issues have stayed away from the theater.Next month presumably some will be able to return.

If I had medical issues I wouldn't be returning to theaters next month.  Especially not if vaccination and mask rules have been removed.  Those rules allowed safer experiences for the immunocompromised at that time than no rules will in a month's time

• Like 2

As of

19 hours ago, Nitemare said:

If I had medical issues I wouldn't be returning to theaters next month.  Especially not if vaccination and mask rules have been removed.  Those rules allowed safer experiences for the immunocompromised at that time than no rules will in a month's time

As of tiday, New York Theaters and Concert Halls (Lincoln Center) masks are still required.

Going soon to the Met Opera, Theater and Opera again and intend to wear masks thru out as rules state. Better being safe then sorry.

Had a friend in Met this weekend and not fully filled stiill.

• Like 1

I have a hard time breathing with mask ( mild asthma) planning on New York trip after mask mandates are dropped , thanks for updates , also have a relative who passed from Covid last year and there will be a memorial in Buffalo , hopefully will be able to do Buffalo and Manhattan on same trip .

On 3/6/2022 at 5:23 AM, Nitemare said:

Definitely understand I have two nieces both immunocompromised. One hasn’t eaten in a inside restaurant since Covid started. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

Definitely understand I have two nieces both immunocompromised. One hasn’t eaten in a inside restaurant since Covid started. 

We too are being selected with the restaurants we go to also. At the Met we will be going to the Grand Tier in the Opera House and know if others it will be safe and well spaced.

In our neighborhood we are going to restaurants that we are sure and comfortable. I seafood restaurant many times with reliability as well as a Italian restaurant the same.

There is a Steakhouse haven't been back due to since February 2020 due to feedback and also it's small. They haven't returned to their past hours opened which use to create a filled house. Don't know why just 4PM till closing. Sorry they aren't for Lunch.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just read “girl from the north country “ is returning to broadway in April, hopefully will plan our trip shortly, waiting for a date for a memorial for one of my wife’s cousins who passed from Covid last year. Can’t believe we have not been to New York since 2019, had never missed a year since moving 40 years ago.

On 3/27/2022 at 12:58 PM, George C said:

Just read “girl from the north country “ is returning to broadway in April, hopefully will plan our trip shortly, waiting for a date for a memorial for one of my wife’s cousins who passed from Covid last year. Can’t believe we have not been to New York since 2019, had never missed a year since moving 40 years ago.

We saw this in January and it was a good story and great music.  But one was a square peg and the other was a round hole.  Would love to see it as a straight play and fleshed out some more.  And the music as a concert.

We are heading back one weekend this month (TBD) and for Memorial Day.  After that we may not be back for awhile.

• Like 1

Only a few plays at tkts locations , hopefully that will change we have a gift card with them and in the past I bought almost all my broadway tickets with them . Looking forward to going to 54 below and other clubs also .

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My daughter who lives in Manhattan and her husband saw Plaza Suite last week.

Did they enjoy it?  We saw it pre-Covid in Boston and thought it was dated.  Fun to see Matt and Sarah on stage together, though

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,they liked it very much

Glad to hear it.

I think we're coming down for 24 hours this weekend.  Probably hitting up TKTS.  Might catch The Minutes on it's first preview since Covid shut them down two years ago in previews, and maybe Paradise Square.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Glad to hear it.

I think we're coming down for 24 hours this weekend.  Probably hitting up TKTS.  Might catch The Minutes on it's first preview since Covid shut them down two years ago in previews, and maybe Paradise Square.

Enjoy whatever you get to see

10 hours ago, George C said:

I normally buy my Broadway tickets at tkts, where other sites do you use ?

We always get ours from TicketMaster. Constant users get advance notice and good breaks and choice of seats....

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 11:14 AM, George C said:

I normally buy my Broadway tickets at tkts, where other sites do you use ?

We saw two shows last Saturday, great tickets for both at TKTS.  3rd row towards the middle corner at Circle in the Square for American Buffalo (good show) and 7th row near the middle for How I Learned to Drive (excellent show but very difficult subject matter).  As long as crowds are still kind of weak for B'way we will keep going to TKTS.

Otherwise, use theatermania, playbill or broadway box for their discount offers, or buy from the official seller.  Ticketmaster is the official seller for just a few shows, so is Telecharge, but most Ticketmaster theaters switched to Seatgeek, which is not as good a site to use but it fully legit

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 12:15 PM, Nitemare said:

We saw two shows last Saturday, great tickets for both at TKTS.  3rd row towards the middle corner at Circle in the Square for American Buffalo (good show) and 7th row near the middle for How I Learned to Drive (excellent show but very difficult subject matter).  As long as crowds are still kind of weak for B'way we will keep going to TKTS.

Otherwise, use theatermania, playbill or broadway box for their discount offers, or buy from the official seller.  Ticketmaster is the official seller for just a few shows, so is Telecharge, but most Ticketmaster theaters switched to Seatgeek, which is not as good a site to use but it fully legit

I have been to see various productions of American Buffalo over the years.

Was this the first time you saw the play ? If not,how would you compare the acting of Sam Rockwell to others who portrayed the same character ?

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been to see various productions of American Buffalo over the years.

Was this the first time you saw the play ? If not,how would you compare the acting of Sam Rockwell to others who portrayed the same character ?

It was the first time we've seen this play, but not our first time seeing Sam.  We've seen him probably a half dozen times on stage.  Even got to talk to him for awhile after a NY production a few years ago.

• Like 1