What broadway play?

George C

18 hours ago, George C said:

Definitely would like to see it again before it closes, simple set wonder if it could be on rccl cruise, I am sure it will tour also.  We need a upbeat play in the times we live. 

I think the required cast is too big for a cruise ship.  And the story is much deeper than any cruiseline musical I've seen

1 hour ago, Nitemare said:

I think the required cast is too big for a cruise ship.  And the story is much deeper than any cruiseline musical I've seen

I had the same thought about the size of the cast. OTOH, hasn’t “Cats” been on RCI ships for quite some time? (Or, at least was.) Still, “Come From Away” does require a lot of folks…

How many saw the Tony award show last night and had no idea who the majority of nominees were ?

I had a friend who directed plays on and off Broadway from the early 60’s to 2002 .If I posted his name I can almost guarantee that nobody is familiar with him.

We watched them last night enjoyed a few of the musical moments, cannot believe that I haven’t been to New York City since memorial weekend of 2019. Would love to see music man and a few others , last play I saw was mama Mia on Allure 6 months ago. 

On 6/13/2022 at 1:49 PM, lenquixote66 said:

How many saw the Tony award show last night and had no idea who the majority of nominees were ?

I had a friend who directed plays on and off Broadway from the early 60’s to 2002 .If I posted his name I can almost guarantee that nobody is familiar with him.

We watched and recognized most of the nominees.  Of course we've seen 12 shows in NYC so far in 2022 and a handful others in late 2021.  Hoping Paradise Square and Strange Loop hang around as we won't be back until Fall

• Like 1

We watched and recognized most of the nominees.  Of course we've seen 12 shows in NYC so far in 2022 and a handful others in late 2021.  Hoping Paradise Square and Strange Loop hang around as we won't be back until Fall

We have not been to the theater since 2019.

23 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have not been to the theater since 2019.

Sorry to read this.  I hope you get back soon, there are some great things going on on stage right now and in the near future,.

We are moving soon and our opportunities to see the New York Stage are going to be cut significantly. 😞

Sorry to read this.  I hope you get back soon, there are some great things going on on stage right now and in the near future,.

We are moving soon and our opportunities to see the New York Stage are going to be cut significantly. 😞

Where are you moving to ? 

On 6/10/2022 at 8:54 AM, Turtles06 said:

I had the same thought about the size of the cast. OTOH, hasn’t “Cats” been on RCI ships for quite some time? (Or, at least was.) Still, “Come From Away” does require a lot of folks…

One of my Fathers Day gifts is a book based on the events of Come From Away.

3 hours ago, Nitemare said:

West Coast.  Away from snow and closer to family we have been away from for too long

If you will be in Northern California there is good theater in San Francisco.There is likely in Southern California as well.I have a friend who is a retired movie Director and director of stage plays.When he was active he lived there.Now that he is retired to moved to a beautiful area in Northern CA.

Enjoy the west coast.

19 hours ago, George C said:

Good luck with move , nice to move away from snow. 

19 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Wow, that's a major life change!   All best wishes!!   

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

If you will be in Northern California there is good theater in San Francisco.There is likely in Southern California as well.I have a friend who is a retired movie Director and director of stage plays.When he was active he lived there.Now that he is retired to moved to a beautiful area in Northern CA.

Enjoy the west coast.

SoCal it is.  NO SNOW is a requirement.  We have checked out the local theater scene and one of the stages there just shut down, which stinks.  but we will continue to come East to see this home and NYC

Thanks for all the kind wishes.  We will get to explore Hawaii more, and Iceland less, which is a tough tradeoff for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nitemare said:

SoCal it is.  NO SNOW is a requirement.  We have checked out the local theater scene and one of the stages there just shut down, which stinks.  but we will continue to come East to see this home and NYC

Thanks for all the kind wishes.  We will get to explore Hawaii more, and Iceland less, which is a tough tradeoff for us.

One of my friends left NYC for San Diego.Every time we spoke or visited he would talk about how wonderful the weather is there.Much to my surprise he moved to Oregon 3 years ago ,to an area that gets more snow than NY.

We saw Company last Wednesday....its closing end of July.

42nd street near TKTS was so crowded that we had to push our way through. Masks optional starting July.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 5:34 AM, Mrs f. said:

We saw Company last Wednesday....its closing end of July.

42nd street near TKTS was so crowded that we had to push our way through. Masks optional starting July.

Were you able to see Patty LaPone? I hope so. 

• 2 weeks later...