What broadway play?

George C

3 hours ago, Nitemare said:

It was the first time we've seen this play, but not our first time seeing Sam.  We've seen him probably a half dozen times on stage.  Even got to talk to him for awhile after a NY production a few years ago.

Definitely would like to see Sam Rockwell , don’t believe we have ever seen him on broadway, cool being able to talk to him. 

5 hours ago, Nitemare said:

It was the first time we've seen this play, but not our first time seeing Sam.  We've seen him probably a half dozen times on stage.  Even got to talk to him for awhile after a NY production a few years ago.

In my opinion he is an underrated actor.I have had the opportunity to see him in several productions as well.

Saw a interview with CEO of juniors he said his two Times Squares locations had full staffs and he thought broadway will be 100 percent open very soon, on my last trip they were still crowded at midnight, good pastrami, great cheesecake, still miss Stage and Carnegie delis , like that at least juniors is walking distance to our hotel. 

17 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Plaza Suite suspended since both Main Actors have C-19.

Main Actor in MacBeth also C-19.

Most likely these will not be only ones that will be canceled, thanks for update , this will definitely not stop us from a New York City visit this year. Both of us will get a second booster before next flight, be nice to fly without masks again.

Just Announced Tonight News....

4 Show are suspending till further notice

Close to a dozen Cast Members of other show tested Positive and will be replace for the time being..

Number are growing in NYC and even our careful Mayor will out of the picture for 1 week with A + 

15 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Just Announced Tonight News....

4 Show are suspending till further notice

Close to a dozen Cast Members of other show tested Positive and will be replace for the time being..

Number are growing in NYC and even our careful Mayor will out of the picture for 1 week with A + 

I heard on the news last night that Covid cases in NYC have spiked up greatly in the past week.

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I heard on the news last night that Covid cases in NYC have spiked up greatly in the past week.

Yes we are seeing more people wearing masks on their own.

There is also concern to see what will be the numbers 2 weeks after this coming Easter Weekend of gatherings.

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Yes we are seeing more people wearing masks on their own.

There is also concern to see what will be the numbers 2 weeks after this coming Easter Weekend of gatherings.

Easter and also Passover equals large groups of gatherings.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 5:47 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Easter and also Passover equals large groups of gatherings.

Yes -late April will probably have another uptick in infections.  Looking at the long term, however: the gradually increasing numbers of vaccinated people combined with deaths among the anti-vaxxers will continue to reduce the contagion - but at a much slower rate than if people had acted intelligently.

• Like 1

I just read broadway is extending mask mandates to 5/31 , glad we didn’t book New York City for memorial day weekend. I feel comfortable going without a mask since I got Covid shots and booster, hopefully planes will drop them soon .

6 hours ago, George C said:

I just read broadway is extending mask mandates to 5/31 , glad we didn’t book New York City for memorial day weekend. I feel comfortable going without a mask since I got Covid shots and booster, hopefully planes will drop them soon .

Unfortunately our numbers are REALLY RISING and the Mayor will be making a decision very soon for General Businesses again.

There is also a type of General Virus with Flu feelings occuring in the city as of this weekend. They are anticipating more of a rise after this past weekend holiday. Sorry......

3 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Unfortunately our numbers are REALLY RISING and the Mayor will be making a decision very soon for General Businesses again.

There is also a type of General Virus with Flu feelings occuring in the city as of this weekend. They are anticipating more of a rise after this past weekend holiday. Sorry......

Never know what your mayor will do, disappointed that he allows unvaccinated professional ball players to play. Currently are there restrictions for restaurants ?

8 minutes ago, George C said:

Never know what your mayor will do, disappointed that he allows unvaccinated professional ball players to play. Currently are there restrictions for restaurants ?

Not Mandate but up to the owner.

Went yesterday and no one had the mask on but heard what is going around the city, a type of virus is around the 5 boros. Personal longtime friend (MD) getting lots of calls to their offices...

Anyone's guess...

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Many people in NYC seem to be having stomach viruses this past week.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many people in NYC seem to be having stomach viruses this past week.

Yes, some say it's a virus and some say it's the change of the weather......lol....who knows?

I think we have officially become Islanders...

Not on Broadway, but we caught the national touring company of Come From Away at the National Theater in DC on Easter Sunday. That makes 4 (so far)...  Good production as well. Not as good of seats as the last time on Broadway, but less than half the price!

Next thing you know, we'll need a cod and some Screech! (Oddly, or not, we are honestly considering a trip to Gander at some point!)

• Like 2

Did a quick weekend trip to NYC and got 4th row Orchestra seats to two shows at TKTS.  First was The Hangmen, which was excellent.  We had seen it at the Atlantic Theater a few years ago and it translated well to the larger stage.  We also saw The Minutes, which did not impress us.  Odd, as two of our favorite playwrights are Martin McDonagh and Tracy Letts

Edited by Nitemare
  • Like 1

I should add that I got to the line just after 10:15AM, it opens at 11, and I was about 75th in line or so.  Within 10 minutes the line had doubled, and by the time it opened at 11 there were easily 500 folks in line.  I made it to the front at about 11:20AM.  Glad it was a warm day.

Can't wait until the open the Broadway side of the kiosk again to spread the line out, and to reinstitute the "Play" line.  They do still have the Fast Pass return option where you can skip the line if you have a ticket stub from TKTS from the prior 7 days

• Like 1