Specialty restaurants/formal nights

suekel

Is one expected to dress for formal night when dining in a specialty restaurant? Never done it on formal night. Thanks

I think it would be a good idea to always dress when you go for dinner ;p.

But no, you don't have to go formal on formal night dining in the specialty restaurants. Smart casual is fine.

Theo

The speciality restaurants do not follow the formal night dress, so you are fine wearing what you do into the MDR on the other nights.

We have been going to the speciality dining rooms on formal night for maybe 10 years now. Husband loves not having to wear a suit and tie while on vacation as he wears one all week for work.

The always 'smart casual' dress code is the reason why we book specialty restaurants on formal evenings. We like to just pack in carry on luggage only ... so we've found the specialty restaurants assist with that goal while not having to eat up in the buffet.

The specialty restaurants is one of the main alternatives to not having to "dress up". Mode of dress is what you would wear in the dining room on any non formal night. Enjoy? Think I might join you.

I'm guessing on the formal night so I hope I got it right. The first one will be the first sea day obviously but we have ports every day thereafter until the last day. I guessed that it will be on the day that we leave port earliest. If not, hopefully I can change it when we board.

Which also includes jeans if you so wish. ;)

True, but not "ripped" if I remember. I did enjoy the fact that jeans were not permitted in the dining venues(buffet excepted)on the Riviera at night.