Changes to celebrity suite?

Interestingly, my cruise price alert site notified me that the Celebrity Suites fare went up yesterday $2400 PP on one of my Edge cruises, bringing the fare to $8799 PP or $17598 for two. I think when I looked at them the first day, they were maybe $3600-ish PP (I paid $2824 PP for an aft S1 and, if I remember correctly, the difference was about $600-800)?

It must be that they aren't having trouble selling them with the changes or maybe they are selling better with the larger balcony? If those prices continue, I likely won't be staying in one, so hope to see one on our cabin crawl. :D

Edited by vtcruising

Interestingly, my cruise price alert site notified me that the Celebrity Suites fare went up yesterday $2400 PP on one of my Edge cruises, bringing the fare to $8799 PP or $17598 for two. I think when I looked at them the first day, they were maybe $3600-ish PP (I paid $2824 PP for an aft S1 and, if I remember correctly, the difference was about $600-800)?

It must be that they aren't having trouble selling them with the changes or maybe they are selling better with the larger balcony? If those prices continue, I likely won't be staying in one, so hope to see one on our cabin crawl. :D

Wow! That's a crazy increase in price. I guess the demand for those CS are good. The last time I check our sailing, the only suites available were some S1s and S2s.

Also, you got a great price on your S1.

When you do a dummy booking they are still showing the rendering of the old CS. I still think all the had to do was to remove the partition between the love seat on the balcony and the table and chairs in the vestibule.

Currently for our sailing there is one CS available at $14,807.60 for two guests.

98a5ca3e38d3d495db5710723a1e76e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! That's a crazy increase in price. I guess the demand for those CS are good. The last time I check our sailing, the only suites available were some S1s and S2s.

Also, you got a great price on your S1.

Yes, that S1 price included Go Best! Little did we know what a good deal it was....

When you do a dummy booking they are still showing the rendering of the old CS. I still think all the had to do was to remove the partition between the love seat on the balcony and the table and chairs in the vestibule.

Currently for our sailing there is one CS available at $14,807.60 for two guests.

98a5ca3e38d3d495db5710723a1e76e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is the Jan 20, 2019 cruise where they have 2 CS's left for $8799 PP (up $2400 yesterday).

It looks like they changed the location of the bedroom wall and the configuration of the bathroom too (and got rid of the dressing area). Anyway, it still looks like a nice suite! :D

Edge-CEL-Suites-Updated-Schematics-e1522698233978-1024x619.png

Celebrity-Suite-floorplan-1024x576-1024x576.jpg

In the old design, when you are in the shower you have a view of the balcony the ocean with the bathroom door open. With the new layout I don't think you have that view anymore. But as you said it's still a very nice suite. I will take a free upgrade if they offered :)

We'd appreciate that heads up & would would consider a move....our present location is very good but that identation shows bed by bi fold doors ( main worry of course would be if the charter out the ship so this is not top priority)

we did not register for alerts..no idea how to do that.

Saw a u tube video tour of a mock up Infinite Balc rm..The bi-fold doors were open and bed was by the balc/doors...Not as bad as I thought but would go for the bed by bathrm next time around!

The suite in either configuration is a nice size but having an interior sleeping area would not be my first choice...,of course suite perks on EDGE should be awesome.... Won't ever be an issue for us, as suites are over our budget, esp on EDGE....Even AQ class is getting way up there now .., not worth it for 2 fairly basic Carib itins...

For the Jan 20th cruise we booked a CS the very first day (March 13 2017) available. We paid $3799/pp with Go Best. Never going to see that deal again!!

For the Jan 20th cruise we booked a CS the very first day (March 13 2017) available. We paid $3799/pp with Go Best. Never going to see that deal again!!

That is the cruise that is now $8799 PP for a CS. You got a great deal! :D

Yes, so many of us got great deals, but will we again? Oh well, it certainly is what it is and I am thankful for what I paid for the TA...As soon as information starts flowing, we'll know so much more. I like the original CS design...but it could be changed again too!

I looked at next year's Edge Carib cruises and the Jan 19, 2020 cruise has Sky Suites (S3) for $3099 PP and AQ for $2149 PP, compared to Jan 20 2019 S3 for $5499 PP and AQ $3849 PP. If we hadn't gotten ours at such a bargain, the 2020 prices would look pretty good. :D

I wanted to wait and see if we love cruising on the Edge before booking any further Edge cruises, but may book something now for 2020 to get a better deal.

We took a look at 2020 but decuded not to book EDGE again just now.,.maybe in the next round,

.We are doing the Eastern itin in 2019.. Western itin is not that appealing to us. I think there was one longer itin but priced high,,,Waiting to see...

It is the Jan 20, 2019 cruise where they have 2 CS's left for $8799 PP (up $2400 yesterday).

It looks like they changed the location of the bedroom wall and the configuration of the bathroom too (and got rid of the dressing area). Anyway, it still looks like a nice suite! :D

Edge-CEL-Suites-Updated-Schematics-e1522698233978-1024x619.png

Celebrity-Suite-floorplan-1024x576-1024x576.jpg

The difference in carpeting is striking to me, as the "new" version(0ld one now)looks like what is in Luminae, but I realize that may not be what any of it looks like in the end. My DH goes crazy with all the zonkey prints! He dislikes Luminae due to what's on the walls, so hopefully he will enjoy Luminae's plans a little more. I do not like going back to the old diagram at all, so will not book one. We had a chance for a free upgrade to a CS, but I did not want to give up my S1 corner aft...

The difference in carpeting is striking to me, as the "new" version(0ld one now)looks like what is in Luminae, but I realize that may not be what any of it looks like in the end. My DH goes crazy with all the zonkey prints! He dislikes Luminae due to what's on the walls, so hopefully he will enjoy Luminae's plans a little more. I do not like going back to the old diagram at all, so will not book one. We had a chance for a free upgrade to a CS, but I did not want to give up my S1 corner aft...

Funny, I noticed the carpet too and hoped that wasn't the final choice. :D

If I got an offer for a free upgrade from our aft S1 to a CS on the Edge, it would be a difficult decision (aft view and huge balcony vs. separate bedroom, separate shower, more space and a pop-up table for dining ;)). Likely won't happen, but who knows what the cancelation rate for the more expensive suites will be at final payment?

If I got an offer for a free upgrade from our aft S1 to a CS on the Edge, it would be a difficult decision (aft view and huge balcony vs. separate bedroom, separate shower, more space and a pop-up table for dining ;)). Likely won't happen, but who knows what the cancelation rate for the more expensive suites will be at final payment?

Carpet hopefully will be more appealing than the pics!

My only thought about aft S1 is that it is likely a good walk away from the suites lounge area.

My only thought about aft S1 is that it is likely a good walk away from the suites lounge area.

Yes, I do like the location of the CS, but the walk will be needed after trying all of the dining venues!😃

They will be so much more than what I paid, so I will not be playing the bidding game to upgrade, although my cruise is 15 days and maybe, just maybe they will offer a great suite to me just because...HAHAHA! I will be looking forward to your review since you are before me!

They will be so much more than what I paid, so I will not be playing the bidding game to upgrade, although my cruise is 15 days and maybe, just maybe they will offer a great suite to me just because...HAHAHA! I will be looking forward to your review since you are before me!

That cruise looks wonderful! If I hit the lottery I will join you. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Yes this was my thought also. We have a S1 booked for March 2019, but our suite is more mid ship deck 11. I saw that one of the aft S1's were available for our cruise. While we dont have walking problems. The aft S1's are a long way from Luminae and The Retreat. If Celebrity keeps the same closing time as 9am or 9:30am in Luminae or only 1-1/2 hours for lunch. I can just hear myself. "Lets go we are not going to make it before they close."

Yes this was my thought also. We have a S1 booked for March 2019, but our suite is more mid ship deck 11. I saw that one of the aft S1's were available for our cruise. While we dont have walking problems. The aft S1's are a long way from Luminae and The Retreat. If Celebrity keeps the same closing time as 9am or 9:30am in Luminae or only 1-1/2 hours for lunch. I can just hear myself. "Lets go we are not going to make it before they close."

That would be a travesty! We don’t plan to starve so we will make sure we leave our S1 in time to make it to dinner! :D

..... OR you can say "Sweetheart, I will meet you in Luninae"...

Then at least one of you will have a great meal in L... :evilsmile:

bon voyage

If it is close to closing call your butler and order room service!

How did you get a free upgrade? Have been in aft S1 suites on other celebrity ships and would in a heartbeat move for free! Other ships soot on balcony, to sunny to have breakfast on, and noise. We also had window washing equipment in front on our side window most of the trip. Hope the edge is improved