Carnival Gift Cards 15% off at Ebay

MBP1

I had to hang up to pick up kids. I'll try again tonight.

But' date=' I first put in an older gift card that had over $250. The transaction timed out while I wad on hold. But, carnival.com gift card balance check says that card is used. So I'm now out that gift card also[/quote']It sounds like that transaction actually went through and that's why it's now showing zero balance. If you log out of your account and back in again, does the cruise balance show the $250 adjustment? Do you have a PVP? If not, hopefully a Carnival rep. can figure out what happened to that particular card.

It sounds like that transaction actually went through and that's why it's now showing zero balance. If you log out of your account and back in again, does the cruise balance show the $250 adjustment? Do you have a PVP? If not, hopefully a Carnival rep. can figure out what happened to that particular card.
Couldn't have gone through. I didn't put Ann additional payment method in to cover cost for cheers

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Couldn't have gone through. I didn't put Ann additional payment method in to cover cost

The gift card payment is processed first then if it doesn’t cover the full amount it reverts back to the original payment screen to allows you to put in another method of payment or another gift card so the gift card charge could’ve gone through leaving you with a balance due.

I bought a total of five of the cards (two separate orders on two different days) and had absolutely no issue whatsoever. The cards came to email within minutes of purchasing them and they have all been applied to my cruise.

The gift card payment is processed first then if it doesn’t cover the full amount it reverts back to the original payment screen to allows you to put in another method of payment or another gift card so the gift card charge could’ve gone through leaving you with a balance due.
On a cheers purchase ?

I had to hang up to pick up kids. I'll try again tonight.

But' date=' I first put in an older gift card that had over $250. The transaction timed out while I wad on hold. But, carnival.com gift card balance check says that card is used. So I'm now out that gift card also

Any resolution?

This must be the post that prompted that ridiculous message to JH on F~B that claimed he is somehow responsible for letting us all know about this deal. :rolleyes: Lol

Congrats to all who got discounted cards! :D

Oh puke. But it doesn't surprise me. Some people worship him. To me, he's just a creepy guy that I would've kept my son away from when he was little. He constantly insults Carnival customers in his posts and videos. Of course his favorite targets are those here on CC, yet there's people here who still grovel at his feet. Every day his CC minions report back to him about the latest happenings.

Oh puke. But it doesn't surprise me. Some people worship him. To me, he's just a creepy guy that I would've kept my son away from when he was little. He constantly insults Carnival customers in his posts and videos. Of course his favorite targets are those here on CC, yet there's people here who still grovel at his feet. Every day his CC minions report back to him about the latest happenings.

I can understand not appreciating JH's brand of admittedly low-brow humor, but this is a bit extreme.

I can understand not appreciating JH's brand of admittedly low-brow humor, but this is a bit extreme.

I'd say what he said is mostly accurate. As someone who is new to Carnival having him represent the company is a turn off, he is a bad face for the company. Carnival. It is obvious that he caters to the older crowd and has an issue with TMI on his FB videos, often talking about his bodily functions.

I totally agree with this. I just recently started reading his page. His humor may not be for everyone but he seems to be a nice guy and genuinely tries to help people if he can. He's not politically correct. To me, people who aren't totally politically correct are more open and honest and seem more like real people instead of fake and blowing smoke to please everyone. To each his own.

Anyway back to the topic, I hope they get more 15% off gift cards soon. I have more to pay toward my cruises!

My three also showed invalid, last week. I called my PVP and he applied them with no problem. I've had this problem a couple of times with my AARP cards. Jack my PVP fixed them as well.:D

Grrrrr. I called Carnival and they said they couldn't do anything, I had to go through the vender (pay pal in this instance).

Grrrrr. I called Carnival and they said they couldn't do anything' date=' I had to go through the vender (pay pal in this instance).[/quote']

What about the older $250 card you got from Carnival? Did you ask them about that one or get it straightened out?

Any resolution?

I called pay pal this morning. Instead of waiting on hold, I chose the call back option. I'm still waiting.

As for the old gift card that I started to use towards Cheers, this morning the balance "magically" reappeared on the card on it's own.

This is good info for the future. It seems (this is my guess) is that when you put a gift card in, it puts a hold on the gift card until you finish the transaction. The hold apparently expired during the night, and the value on the gift card is available to use.

So Pay pal called back. They said there is nothing they can do, and that Carnival needs to fix it. I got the impression that the guy at pay pal knew what he was talking about.

I guess it wouldn't be a surprise if I got someone at Carnival that didn't know what they were talking about.

Calling Carnival now.

His humor, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with my opinion of him. What exactly do you think is so extreme? The fact that I think he's creepy? That's a pretty tame description, if you ask me. I certainly could say worse, and mean every word. The rest is true. He insults Carnival's own customers and his favorite targets are those of us on CC. Yet many of the very people he insults here happily defend him tooth & nail. Sorry, but I'm not in the habit of appreciating someone who has the gall to insult the very people who keep him in a job. Especially when one of them is me.

I totally agree with this. I just recently started reading his page. His humor may not be for everyone but he seems to be a nice guy and genuinely tries to help people if he can. He's not politically correct. To me, people who aren't totally politically correct are more open and honest and seem more like real people instead of fake and blowing smoke to please everyone. To each his own.
So do you think that because I don't like the guy, I must be politically correct or simply don't like his so called sense of humor? You couldn't be more wrong. I think I made it perfectly clear why I don't like him. I'll give you just one example. One of his first videos that I ever watched, he walked out on deck (outdoors) and pointed to a couple who were standing at the railing with their backs to him. He turned to the camera and said something insulting about what one of them was wearing. Mind you, neither were wearing anything unusual, certainly not anything that deserved treatment like that. Of course, he was far enough away from them, combined with the wind noise, that they didn't hear him. He then went inside and went about his business. Is that humorous to you? The "brand ambassador" flinging childish insults at the very people he's supposed to be an ambassador to? It didn't take long for me to figure out what kind of person he is. Carnival should be ashamed that that man is their public face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. PrincessArlena'sDad, glad to hear you got your $250 back. Now here's hoping you get the others cards taken care of. Did you check their balance immediately after buying them? I was wondering if they were invalid from the start or if something happened between then and now.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. PrincessArlena'sDad, glad to hear you got your $250 back. Now here's hoping you get the others cards taken care of. Did you check their balance immediately after buying them? I was wondering if they were invalid from the start or if something happened between then and now.

When I check the balance, it says invalid card number. But, when I put in an old completely used card number, it says a balance of $0.00. So, it would seem the card was never activated.

Person I called at Carnival says I called the wrong Carnival number. Anyone know what number/extension at Carnival I need to call?

Edited to add: got the number

When I check the balance' date=' it says invalid card number. But, when I put in an old completely used card number, it says a balance of $0.00. So, it would seem the card was never activated.

Person I called at Carnival says I called the wrong Carnival number. Anyone know what number/extension at Carnival I need to call?

Edited to add: got the number[/quote']

You should contact the seller directly through the eBay website, not calling.

When I check the balance' date=' it says invalid card number. But, when I put in an old completely used card number, it says a balance of $0.00. So, it would seem the card was never activated.

Edited to add: got the number[/quote']This might sound dumb, and I'm sure you've probably checked more than once, but are you absolutely sure you entered all of the numbers correctly, including the PIN? The only reason I say that is because, when you told us to check our cards yesterday, the very first one I checked came back invalid. My first thought was that I was having the same problem as you. Then I just happened to notice my PIN was off by one number. I corrected it and all was well.

So do you think that because I don't like the guy, I must be politically correct or simply don't like his so called sense of humor? You couldn't be more wrong. I think I made it perfectly clear why I don't like him.

This right here is a perfect example of what's happening in this world right now. You're taking my post and twisting it into something it's not. Not one time did I say anything about you. I simply made a statement about JH. He is not politically correct and I think people who aren't politically correct seem more real and honest. That was nothing about you. It makes no difference to me if you like him or not but just because some people do like him doesn't mean they worship him. The worshiping him comment led me to agree with the other poster that your comment was extreme. I certainly didn't mean any ill will toward you and I apologize if it could be misinterpreted that way.

I certainly don't agree with everything he says or find everything he says funny. Probably since I haven't read his page for long I haven't seen him do something like the example you listed, and I don't think a representative of a company should make fun of people. Lots of people make fun of people in daily life though (i.e. some of the crazy things people wear in Walmart) but I agree that somebody who works at Walmart shouldn't make fun of them. That being said, JH seems to me like just a goofy, average person instead of a company representative. Normally he wouldn't be a good company representative unless your company mainly connects with the average person who likes to goof around about all sorts of things or people. Definitely not for everybody but lots of people like him. Like I said, to each his own.

PrincessArlena'sDad,

Do you have a PVP you can call to try to help you with it? If so, I would call him/her. I also agree to contact the eBay seller, Paypal Digital Gifts, through the eBay interface instead of calling them.