Do you really get a better room upgrading from Bella, Fantastica to Aura?

xcell

Do you really get a better room upgrading from Bella, Fantastica to Aura? Looks like higher deck but same size cabin (looking at a balcony).

We are on the MSC Fantasia May 27, deck 13. The Aurea experience at least for us includes priority boarding, unlimited drinks, several spa packages and access to some private areas on the ship. We didn't specifically ask for this; apparently it came with the price we paid for our cabin. MSC does not do a very good job of explaining everything to my satisfaction. If it's not too late you may want to check out the MSC rewards status matching program.

We are on the MSC Fantasia May 27, deck 13. The Aurea experience at least for us includes priority boarding, unlimited drinks, several spa packages and access to some private areas on the ship. We didn't specifically ask for this; apparently it came with the price we paid for our cabin. MSC does not do a very good job of explaining everything to my satisfaction. If it's not too late you may want to check out the MSC rewards status matching program.

You booked a Aurea stateroom and paid a premium for Aurea experience without knowing the perks of Aurea ? Everything is explained on the website while selecting the cruise, stateroom and experience. ...or did you use a TA ?

So rooms are relatively the same (size) and you are paying for the experience? Just curious -- they are offering free drink package, so why would I want to upgrade if the drinks are free anyway in a Bella (lowest cost) room??

For us, we upgraded from Bella to Fantástica simply because all the Bella staterooms available were located right above a late night lounge. We didn’t really care about the added perks. We just wanted the peace of mind of knowing that we wouldn’t be bothered by late night music coming from below.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You booked a Aurea stateroom and paid a premium for Aurea experience without knowing the perks of Aurea ? Everything is explained on the website while selecting the cruise, stateroom and experience. ...or did you use a TA ?

We called MSC to book at the last minute, on the last day before deposits were due. We were told that there were only a couple of cabins on decks 12 and 13 available at that time. I'm happy with what we got.

I booked Bella Interior Guarantee and was assigned a Fantastica Balcony (deck 15) with Bella experience! Can't beat the upgrade even though still with the Bella experience. Happy Happy!

Bella, Fantastica and Aurea balconies including the so called Suites on Deck 9 side aft, All have the same cabin and size, the layouts may be different and some will have bunk beds while others have a double sofa, most have showers while some have a bath tub.

It really does vary, our upcoming sailing we booked a Bella balcony, as the drink package provided back in 2015 was the classic all inclusive, and it was only $56 pp to upgrade to the premium package. We liked the Bella location which is on deck 10 and near an elevator. I do believe we have cabins both above and below. Overall booking Fantastica just didn't give us anything special.

Though MSC reps claim booking Bella are the least likely to get a free upgrade.

I am going on my first MSC Cruise in a few weeks time. I have booked a Bella outside cabin. Will I be able to order breakfast to my room or will I have to pay extra for this? It didn't occur to me that it might be chargeable and the website isn't very clear.

I am going on my first MSC Cruise in a few weeks time. I have booked a Bella outside cabin. Will I be able to order breakfast to my room or will I have to pay extra for this? It didn't occur to me that it might be chargeable and the website isn't very clear.

See post #7.

Thanks for your answers peeps. The website is particularly unclear on this. $3.50 isn't too bad for the two or three times that we will use this service. Infact it will be cheaper to pay individually than book an upgrade.

This is the first cruise we have booked through an travel agent as we are part of a very large group of dancers. We have experience of P&O, RCCI and Celebrity previously. I think we may be in for a culture shock. Hey ho, on the upside, it did come with a free drinks package!