Stacy & Dave's Bliss-full Haven Canal Cruise May 10-25th

Stacy-b

10683c81c41539c2be10cbf58be00ed1.jpg Our new friends in the table next to us ordered all 4 desserts! They liked the strawberry one the best! So do I!! Oh, and meet munch the shark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can’t trust a shark near food that’s for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for this great report! I’ve not got a cruise booked as yet this year & maybe we will be waiting till next year so I’m reading up on reviews & living through them until it is my turn again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see in your pictures that there is a curtain leading into the closet. Is there a real door to the bathroom? ( crossing my fingers that the answer is yes)

Yes!!!

Thanks for the response Stacey! I was freaking out a little because the recent trend of more open bathrooms has resulted in some hotel stays which were unpleasant as my husband gets up much earlier than me and the lack of sound muffling doors meant I was awakened much earlier than what I would have liked. We stayed at one hotel with only a curtain between the bed and bathroom and that was a horrible experience.

Thanks for the response Stacey! I was freaking out a little because the recent trend of more open bathrooms has resulted in some hotel stays which were unpleasant as my husband gets up much earlier than me and the lack of sound muffling doors meant I was awakened much earlier than what I would have liked. We stayed at one hotel with only a curtain between the bed and bathroom and that was a horrible experience.

07277125c027b5f3f6b186f5bd912787.jpg2a6ca3ca1b1f6d769c5f20704b517029.jpgI found my pics!! Closets to left and right. Door to bathroom straight ahead!!

Lester and Emir! They are awesome!!

Oh, awesome. Emir was on the Getaway when I cruised last February, really cool dude. Looking forward to seeing him again!

Thanks for the great review and videos. The Haven Lounge is so much bigger than past versions! I like it! And, the Horizon Lounge looks incredible. Great idea. Can't wait to chill (often) at the bar in the Haven. I was also very interested in the Local Bar & Grill, which is obviously the new version of O'Sheehan's. Always enjoy going to that area to watch sports with a crowd (the World Cup will be on during our trip; and if we're lucky, the end of the NBA Finals... but, that last one is iffy). Can't decide what I think of them getting rid of the pool tables. But, seems a little roomier this way. At least they still have the games in the back area for the boy to go play if he wants (besides having to go to the Arcade). But, a big bummer that those don't include Basketball or Skeeball games. Those were always super popular over there. How was the Local Bar service, if you tried it out? I'm sure I'll be bouncing between there and the Haven Bar.

Which were your favorite bars around the ship to just chill at and the best to catch some music?

Thanks again! Best review I've ever seen (including the YouTube videos).

Casey

Thanks, Casey! We mostly hung out in the Haven bar. There are 2 TV’s and we watched basketball and hockey playoffs!!

We did go to the local twice, but only the restaurant part, not really the bar. But you are right that there is lots more room for seating without the tables and games!

I think you will find many places to see the games. I feel like most of the bars have TVs and we’re showing sports!!

Enjoy your cruise!!

Finally finished! Thank you so much for bringing us along. Really enjoyed reading. Especially loved the daily shirts. My absolute favorite one was the Shut up Liver, Your Fine. Hilarious. I saw that in Doug's TA Live and went and seached it online. Anyway, thanks again!

Our awesome Haven bartender Emir!!!

#CruiseNorwegian #EmirRocks

General question for all who are willing to weigh in...Do you tip your Haven Bartender extra each time, do you tip an extra big chunk on the last day or do you just allow the added service charges on the UBP be enough? We will be traveling on the Bliss in the Haven in October. Last trip in the haven, we did not give anything extra, except for once a day $4-$6 on one of the bills that you sign off on. :D

General question for all who are willing to weigh in...Do you tip your Haven Bartender extra each time, do you tip an extra big chunk on the last day or do you just allow the added service charges on the UBP be enough? We will be traveling on the Bliss in the Haven in October. Last trip in the haven, we did not give anything extra, except for once a day $4-$6 on one of the bills that you sign off on. :D

We were on the Jewel in Dec for 14 days, in a suite but not Haven, only tipped room steward, butler, concierge & a couple of waiters, bartenders who provided exceptional service, at the end of the cruise, that has been our practice for 12 cruises.

We were on the Bliss for 27 days (12 TA & 15 Panama), I wish we had tipped a little each day/drink - the service was so EXCEPTIONAL we felt bad that we didn't see every waiter, bartender, bar server on the last couple of days to give them a tip.

We tip a church at the end of the cruise to the Haven bar staff

We were on the Jewel in Dec for 14 days, in a suite but not Haven, only tipped room steward, butler, concierge & a couple of waiters, bartenders who provided exceptional service, at the end of the cruise, that has been our practice for 12 cruises.

We were on the Bliss for 27 days (12 TA & 15 Panama), I wish we had tipped a little each day/drink - the service was so EXCEPTIONAL we felt bad that we didn't see every waiter, bartender, bar server on the last couple of days to give them a tip.

Thanks for sharing! :-)

I hate autocorrect, that should have read

We tip a bunch at the end of the cruise to the bar staff in the Haven

LOL! Thanks--that is what we have been doing too, but I as intrigued at the one post who said they did $20 a day....

Smiles....