Platinum cruiser ticked off at NCL

karenj4546

Sorry this has been so frustrating for you OP.

The one thing I can think of that might fit both the amount and trigger such an email is the insurance which NCL seems to add to every reservation.

I wonder about this b/c they tried it on me on my last cruise. I'd seen it on my account before final payment and called to have it removed as soon as I got the email and yes, it was approx. a week prior to final payment due date. The amount they wanted me to pay was just over $300 on a 15-day cruise.

Do you ever receive emails from NCL with Confirmation PDF attached?

Every time we make change or book an excursion or make a payment, we receive a new one.

The new confirmation PDF shows the balance we have to pay.

They booked in January, then paid in full in early May, and now are being asked to pay $600 more.

Somewhere there must be some miscommunication or misunderstanding. Not only does a deposit lock you in, but if your account says paid in full, then you can't simply be charged more. (I know you understand all this, but it seems some people think only a deposit was made, and missed the part about full payment also being made.)

Re-check your paperwork, especially the one that shows a zero balance after you made that full, final payment. Compare it to your paperwork from when you booked which shows the total price of the cruise and the balance you still owed. I have to assume you have all that, otherwise you really wouldn't know if you were paid in full or charged $600 more.

1- NO, initially booked as a back-to-back

2- No changes

3-booked direct with NCL

4-Had paperwork saying I was paid-in-full....then an email telling me that my cruise would be cancelled without making the additional payment

5-Want assurances that we'll do SOMETHING whilst on this trip!

Karen

When you first booked your cruise, you received a confirmation from NCL. We all do. What was the amount? Either they mistakenly sent you a "paid in full" email, or they mistakenly sent you an invoice. One or the other. Only you know that based upon the initial confirmation/invoice from NCL, and your credit card receipt. It seems if they mistakenly charged you more, it would be an easy fix. You have the initial confirmation / invoice.

Could it be an upgrade bid? Especially if it is an even amount of 600. As others have said your best approach would be to call NCL to check it all out. I wouldn't worry about the excursions. We've done 24 NCL cruises and rarely book ahead. Never had a problem booking onboard.

This is just venting...

I booked a B2B cruise in January for this September-October. We're pretty loyal to NCL, but that might be changing...

First, I ALWAYS pay upfront, but when I booked, the lady at NCL convinced me to just put down a deposit. Now, the price has gone up by over $600 and they won't tell me why but INSIST that I'll lose out on this trip if I don't make the THIRD payment (I had "paid in full" in early May). I payed it, as I've made all other arrangements for this trip.

Second, I was unable to access "My Account" for WEEKS, and finally called technical support. They explained that all back-to-back cruisers were having the same issue and it would be resolved shortly (took over a month). Now, most ship-sponsored excursions are sold out. When I talked to them (again) yesterday, the attitude from the Latitudes rep was, "Really? The website was down?". Nothing else. No, "sorry for your inconvenience", no "what can we do to make this up to you?"....nothing.....

We're almost Platinum Plus. Are the perks worth dealing with this? If I didn't have air/hotels, etc. pre-booked, I'd be ready to pull out of this trip and find something (and someone) else for my vacation.

What can anyone say other than stuff happens. Only you can decide if the perks are worth staying with a cruise line or any other program that has loyalty perks. As for the shore excursions being sold out or mostly, they may open up as that cruise is a long way from now, or book private tours. They are usually cheaper anyway. We only book tours through NCL if there is a time concern or to get our 15% off. still sometimes is is better to book private ones. We often get together with others on the roll call and book as a group.

OP, this is the page you should review for both legs of your B2B to see where the "extra" $600 claimed by NCL as due & not yet paid vs. your understanding & believed to be already paid up in full. Or, call NCL and ask them to email you their details & compare.

Lately, their I.T. Department are having the usual glitches of all kind, people freaking out on much minor issues, yet to be fixed or resolved, i.e. "free" 250 minutes missing/not showing up on the screen, etc. Hopefully, it will all work out.

ed49a93f53d1172ad6cfcf733940169a.jpg

via dual sim QISKIW-L24 using AT&T or T-Mo on Tapatalk

Actually, I got my number of days wrong. 28 total. And now, NCL has me listed as owing -$603.20, but at MyNCL, they're pushing for payment ASAP. I hope they get this figured out.

We did book it as ONE trip, as I am unwilling to change cabins (which is also why we booked so early). Next time, I'll just insist on paying in full.

What we are trying to understand is ... OK, there is a shortfall and NCL stating there is a balance due of the exact amount as you just cited or give, regardless for the # of days. Since you are looking at your MyNCL dot com, would you mind sharing with us, what & where exactly the shortfall is/are for ? Port taxe/charges & related fees, add-ons or optional, etc. ? From your own payment records, is that correct or errors somewhere on what you believe is full balance already paid in full or not ... I hope to not to be the only handful to be missing something here, please clarify, if you wish to.

Is the difference due to pricing for booking as a single trip vs. booking a B2B, because of keeping the same cabin ?

Karen, you've been a ROCK, and I applaud you for seeming to be so calm. We really are just trying to figure this out and help you get a positvie resolution to this "mess". I know when I did my B2B in 2015, it was pretty staight forward but the 2 cruises we booked were clearly very separate, having been booked with 2 different dates; yours, however, being booked at the same time seem a bit different. I want you to know we're just trying to help you.

If your balance is -600 usd then they owe you money, why the difference? Lordy, wish I knew all the ins and outs of how they come up with money owed and money rec'd.

Call me dumb... just not understanding how they're trying to charge you more money...:o

Wish you all the best and hopefully a wonderful long and lovely cruise... :D

Actually, I got my number of days wrong. 28 total. And now, NCL has me listed as owing -$603.20, but at MyNCL, they're pushing for payment ASAP. I hope they get this figured out.

We did book it as ONE trip, as I am unwilling to change cabins (which is also why we booked so early). Next time, I'll just insist on paying in full.

If I'm reading correctly, you owe negative $603.20 which would mean that NCL owes you. I understand that you booked as 1 trip but it's possible that the NCL employee put it in as 2 trips and on one trip, you "overpaid" by $600 and on the second, you are "short" $600.

None of us are blaming you, btw. I hope that our questioning doesn't seem that we are. It's just that your experience is one that can't be easily understood by us on a forum.

OP, there is absolutely no difference financially between making a deposit and paying the balance on time vs paying upfront. This situation sounds like a mistake or misunderstanding and could just as easily happened if you paid in full upfront. Once you book a cruise and pay the deposit, as long as you don’t make any changes, your cruise price will not go up. If you have paid the full amount shown on your initial invoice, call back, talk to a supervisor, send them copies of your invoice and proof of payment and see what is going on; but your cruise price won’t have changed from the initial invoice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you called Ncl to find out why it says you still owe money?

Did you change anything on your cruise? Add entertainment, add excursions, something like that? I ask because we are on the Bliss in August and when we booked dinners, our included perks changed to the UDP (which we don’t want) and suddenly we owed money (the gratuity). Called our PCC, got it straightened out.

This week, we booked entertainment, and the UDP came back - and now we owed money after final payment. Called our PCC, got it fixed. Again.

This happened on our reservation and my sister-in-law’s. Our PCC said he had never seen it before.

So, maybe one of your perks changed?

Sent from my iPad using Forums