When does Southwest open bookings?

S.S.Oceanlover

I got ours today too. $545 today for 2 nonstop to SJU with free bags from Baltimore.

AA was $978 for 2 with baggage fees from our home airport of Philly.

I'll drive 2 hours to save $400.

Good flight times too!

Bill

Very similar results for us from SJU->STL for us! Half price compared to AA.

Hadn’t realized you lived close to STL!

Well, I would not say close, about 1:45, but it's the closest airport that offers Southwest and other major airlines.

We are looking to book flights to San Juan on Southwest Airlines for December.

They open up their flights on Thursday for December. Is there a certain time of the day that they usually do this or could it be at any time?

Thanks

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Southwest Airlines are currently excepting reservations through January 6 2019. You should be ok to reserve now!

Well, I would not say close, about 1:45, but it's the closest airport that offers Southwest and other major airlines.

That’s close. We are glad to be 40 mom to our regional airport at Little Rock. Other than SW, we’d be flying a strange route, and we can NEVER fly direct. From LAX, Delta flies to ATL then back to LIT. American would fly LAX-ORD-LIT. With SW, one stop, Las Vegas, then LIT.

That’s close. We are glad to be 40 mom to our regional airport at Little Rock. Other than SW, we’d be flying a strange route, and we can NEVER fly direct. From LAX, Delta flies to ATL then back to LIT. American would fly LAX-ORD-LIT. With SW, one stop, Las Vegas, then LIT.

Well, makes, sense. Many people don't realize that SW is the largest domestic carrier.

We are looking to book flights to San Juan on Southwest Airlines for December.

They open up their flights on Thursday for December. Is there a certain time of the day that they usually do this or could it be at any time?

Thanks

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

May 31st. Today, This Morning

Got our SW flights for November today. Used points for both. Hoping a 11:45 departure from SJU is doable post-cruise. Cool with doing self disembark too.

You should be fine, unless the ship is arriving from a transatlantic cruise.

Bought ours today for our Christmas cruise. Going out of pit to fll. Nice late night before and a flight leaving at 1:50 on the day we get off the ship. Good price going down and ok price coming back, but we are booked on points, so I can always get them back.

Just checked R/T from STL to MCO in Nov, not cheap by any means. Hoping they go down between now and then. Checked other airlines and they are still higher.

Are flights ever cheap from STL to there? Ours are never cheap from LIT

Are flights ever cheap from STL to there? Ours are never cheap from LIT

Actually yes and at times even to SJU. Price this time STL to MCO is $792 for DW and me. I've been able to get both of us for less than $500. I realize our time line is closer to Thanksgiving but taking a chance if watched daily, the price/points will go down between now and 90 days out.

Just checked R/T from STL to MCO in Nov, not cheap by any means. Hoping they go down between now and then. Checked other airlines and they are still higher.

What time in November? You're going to a vacation destination, and if it's the second half of the month you're going when there is a LOT of demand. If it's the second half of the month, I would say your odds of the price going down are low, and your odds of the price going up are high.

What time in November? You're going to a vacation destination, and if it's the second half of the month you're going when there is a LOT of demand. If it's the second half of the month, I would say your odds of the price going down are low, and your odds of the price going up are high.

9-18 Nov.

9-18 Nov.

Okay, that's not too bad, you should be early enough (at least on your outbound) to miss the higher costs I would think, but your return is definitely setting you up for those higher fares. I hope your waiting pays off, but I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable rolling those dice.

FYI - we booked as soon as they went on sale in November to fly down in June, thinking summer would be peak season. We did ok for flights out of Nashville but for those flying out of Atlanta, they were much cheaper a few months ago. My sister rebooked, saving over $100 pp. Unfortunately it has to be used by each ticketed person a year from when it was booked, so has to be used by November 3 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got our SW flights for November today. Used points for both. Hoping a 11:45 departure from SJU is doable post-cruise. Cool with doing self disembark too.

Should not be a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got our Southwest tickets this morning for FOS out of San Juan Dec. 16th. Round trip flying from BWI to San Juan nonstop 330.00 a person. I am happy with that. Other airlines were between 400 and 600.