Thelassotherapy

mdsgu

On the Dream June 10 -- what's the deal with this thelassotherapy pool? I have a spa cabin, but I've never set foot in the gym or spa on a cruise before. Should I be excited?

It is basically a large hut tub. The theory or reasoning behind it is that your body absorbs trace minerals from the seawater, helping to improve circulation, help with joint pain, etc. Being that they require a spa pass, they are usually not that crowded.

It was fantastic. Mostly because it wasn't crowded. It was quiet and very relaxing. The pool is larger than a hot tub.

You will LOVE the spa cabin. The lotions are heavenly. Wish I could afford Elemis products.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Forums mobile app

When I was on NCL 2 years ago I got a Haven room (special occassion would never pay that much for one again)

I fell in love with the Elemis products so every morning when he would come I would take all the products out of our 2 bathrooms and throw them in my bag - I am not ashamed to admit I went home with 30 lbs of Elemis products which I still use to this day although I am out of the body wash now I still have shamp/cond and tons of lotion -I figured for as much as I paid the room the least I could do is leave with 30 lbs of Elemis LOL

On the Dream June 10 -- what's the deal with this thelassotherapy pool? I have a spa cabin, but I've never set foot in the gym or spa on a cruise before. Should I be excited?

You'll also have access to steam rooms/sauna, heated loungers and a relaxation area.

B

We just sailed last week on the Magic and thoroughly enjoyed the therapy pool and other spa amenities. It was never crowded and so didn't have to fight for a space. We enjoyed it so much that we made a point to use the amenities every day of our cruise. M

We had a spa balcony on Splendor a couple years ago this pool was amazing. Think of it as a giant hot tub with all the jets and different seating configurations. Comfortable holds 20+ people at a time. Never once was there more than 5 people, no kids, just relaxation. Used it every day right before going to dinner, helped to unwind from being on the go all day.

Enjoy!

We had a Dream spa cabin last year for the first time. We would start out in the thalassotherapy pool for 15-20 minutes, then progress thru sauna and steam room and the dry lounge rooms from hottest to coolest. Follow that with a shower and then hit the relaxation room. Took about an hour every morning but was extremely relaxing and we were ready for the day. Well worth it.

Be very excited! The best part of the pool is the lack of kids playing in it. We like to use it before dinner to unwind from the day. Have never seen any kids.

probably because you have to be 18 to access the spa