Questions about the Zipline at Amber Cove

For anyone who has visited Amber Cove, I have a few questions about the zipline.

How much is it?

Are there attire requirements -- closed shoes, no bathing suits, etc.

And for anyone who went on the zipline, was it fun and worth the money?

Thank you for any information. We will be at Amber Cove mid June on the Horizon. Can't wait for our cruise!

I was there last year. I think it was $20 for the day. My daughter and her friend went on it. The wait in line was long though so they only did it a couple of times. You have to ha e closed toe shoes. I saw people in bathing suits on it. In my opinion it's not really worth it unless you are going to go on it multiple times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Our family rode the zip line in Amber Cove during our Spring Break cruise this Spring. It did cost $20 each and I thought it was totally worth it. That’s cheap compared to anywhere else you zip line. I don’t remember all the rules other than you are supposed to be 14 and probably can’t weigh more than 250 pounds. We chose to wear closed toed shoes and throw a t-shirt on over our swimsuits. There was never a mention that we had to be dry. It’s a pretty long zip line that goes over the pool area. You can see the ship docked as well as the beautiful DR mountains. My son and husband rode it 10 times in a row. I did it 3 times at the beginning and 3 times at the end of the day. My girls each did it 3 times at the beginning. My advice is to do it first and/or last thing. There are hardly any lines then. It just seemed busier in the middle of the day. There are 2 zip lines side by side, so it’s not like waiting for 1 at a time.

I did a few runs, we had unlimited passes because they came with the cabana rental. Definitely wear something to cover your feet. I was exceeding the weight limit by a few lbs so I didn't want to press my luck after a few runs [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Amber Cove is fun for the kids and relaxing for the adults, the zipline is just something else for the kids to do all day in addition to the giant pool and slides. DS and our friends kids had a blast going back and forth all day between pool and zipline. The zipline is especially great for younger kids as a way to introduce them to ziplining.

I will add that zip line access is included in a cabana rental. We had a cabana in February right under the zip line.

I will also say that you have to wear some clothing and closed toe shoes.

Amber cove is zip lining 101, not very exciting. Inexpensive is a good way to describe it. You can not compare Amber Cove to most other jungle type zip lines.

So it's probably a good thing most people here aren't doing so.

How many jungle or canopy zip lines are $20 or so for a day of unlimited rides?

The zip line at Royal's Labadee enclave is the world's longest over-the-ocean zip line....but at $100 for just ONE ride, it's really pricey.

Hi iriecruising. You might find this helpful.

https://www.grandturkcc.com/port-information/faqs.aspx

https://www.grandturkcc.com/Shore-Excursions.aspx

Hope you have a great time in GT--one of my favorite ports.

Thank You! This info is helpful! GT is a new stop for us. Have heard a lot of nice things about it so we are excited to see it for ourselves!

WOW prices really went up since I was there 2 years ago. The zip line was $12 (although $20 for all day is still reasonable), $8 for an umbrella ( $20 I feel is unreasonable) and the pool noodles were free. A lot of the other stuff has gone up too. I tried to sit in the shade at the swim up bar but there were chain smokers there all day and I couldn't get a seat. Still a cheap day for a family. The kids will like the slides.

• 3 weeks later...

About the closed toe shoe thing, earlier this month when I was there I had flip flops (with a strap around my ankle, definitely flip flops though so open toed) and I was able to ride it no problem

If you want to ride more than once, you will keep your equipment with you so you don’t have to keep going back to get new stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband had on flip flops and they had him remove them and then hooked them into the cables on the harness.

About the closed toe shoe thing, earlier this month when I was there I had flip flops (with a strap around my ankle, definitely flip flops though so open toed) and I was able to ride it no problem

If you want to ride more than once, you will keep your equipment with you so you don’t have to keep going back to get new stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Forums