VIFP Question

auburn77

If I become Platinum on the 6th day of a 7 day cruise, do I get a Platinum sail & sign card (or do they give me one the 6th day) and benefits that go with Platinum the whole cruise?

Interested in the same - we turn gold halfway through our next trip.

We will turn platinum on Sept.8 on Sunshine. When you make final payment your luggage tags will show platinum. If you don't see it then contact your travel agent, and within 90 days it will let you change arrival time on the ship. Congrats. We are very excited.

Just an FYI My own platinum experience.

I just got back from a B2B on the Vista.

A 6 day followed by an 8day. I was not due to be platinum until the 8 day but since the cruises were linked we had platinum privilege for the 6 day as well!!!!

We got platinum gifts and perks for both sailings,

tenor.gif?itemid=5043292

We will turn platinum on Sept.8 on Sunshine. When you make final payment your luggage tags will show platinum. If you don't see it then contact your travel agent, and within 90 days it will let you change arrival time on the ship. Congrats. We are very excited.

You don't have to make final payment before they will show your status. As soon as you are allowed to check in, you can see it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked our check in page and we are shown as platinum. Feels good, but it looks like on our first platinum cruise we will not be able to take advantage of some of the better perks such as priority check in, priority tendering or disembarking. We are traveling with another couple and they are not platinum. We'll just stay back with them. Maybe next time.

Just checked our check in page and we are shown as platinum. Feels good, but it looks like on our first platinum cruise we will not be able to take advantage of some of the better perks such as priority check in, priority tendering or disembarking. We are traveling with another couple and they are not platinum. We'll just stay back with them. Maybe next time.

Each D/P/FTTF passenger can take up to five others on tenders with them. Tada!

You should be able to take them with you when you tender.

If it's feasible for them, they can purchase FTTF and get most of the same perks. They'll be able to check in earlier than their chosen arrival time. Priority boarding and debarkation. Immediate access to their cabin. Priority line at Guest Services.

If it's feasible for them, they can purchase FTTF and get most of the same perks. They'll be able to check in earlier than their chosen arrival time. Priority boarding and debarkation. Immediate access to their cabin. Priority line at Guest Services.

I checked a while back and they were sold out. I also just got an upgrade call from Carnival for an Ocean Suite from a Cove Balcony for $250 each and jumped on it, so I won't need all the platinum perks anyway.

I am also wondering if Platinum is really a big deal on embarkation, tendering and debarkation. I have to assume that there are only a few Diamonds on each cruise, but there have to be many, many Platinums.

I checked a while back and they were sold out. I also just got an upgrade call from Carnival for an Ocean Suite from a Cove Balcony for $250 each and jumped on it, so I won't need all the platinum perks anyway.
You can keep checking (for FTTF) because sometimes they open up more and some will be put back into rotation when people cancel.

I am also wondering if Platinum is really a big deal on embarkation, tendering and debarkation. I have to assume that there are only a few Diamonds on each cruise, but there have to be many, many Platinums.
Are the primary platinum perks a big deal? That's kind of like asking if FTTF is worth it. It's different for everyone. We're not platinum, but we did buy FTTF for the first time for our cruise earlier this month and I thought it was well worth it. Then again, we got it at the older price before they raised it. But even at the higher price, I found enough value in the perks that I'd at least consider it again. In the case of platinum, you have those perks included, but it's up to you whether or not you care to use them. We like boarding as early as possible, so that was a plus, and immediate cabin access is probably my favorite perk. And yes, there are a lot more platinum's than diamonds on most cruises. Those numbers tend to increase the longer the cruise.

Just an FYI My own platinum experience.

I just got back from a B2B on the Vista.

A 6 day followed by an 8day. I was not due to be platinum until the 8 day but since the cruises were linked we had platinum privilege for the 6 day as well!!!!

We got platinum gifts and perks for both sailings,

tenor.gif?itemid=5043292

What is the current P/D gift?

Suites don't have that many perks. From the Carnival website:

Suite

Get all the comforts of home and then some, with absolutely none of the hassles. Since your suite gives you VIP status, you’re the priority when it comes to getting on and off the ship. Plus, you’ll receive a ton of exclusive amenities making this the ultimate way to cruise. Get comfy… stretch out, put your feet up, or just spend time on your balcony — you’ve got one of our most spacious rooms.

Available Features

• guest-sm.png?w=20Sleeps up to 5 guests
  • balcony-sm%20png.png?w=20Balcony
  • size-sm.png?w=20Room size: Roomiest
  • door-sm.png?w=20Connecting rooms

Exclusive Amenities

• VIP check-in
  • Priority embarkation and debarkation
  • Mini Fridge
  • Deluxe bathroom featuring whirlpool tub*

*Whirlpool tub not available on FantasyClass ships.

Suites don't have immediate access to cabin upon embarkation, VIP Guest Services line, etc.